Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 onlybygrace @ 09/03/09 10:53 PM
The Blue Note is finally on its side!!!

Looks good...and its approaching!!!

# 2 Gagnon39 @ 09/03/09 11:05 PM
Looks good. The only thing that is slightly concerning for me is the fact that the goalies look to be much improved. I thought they were almost too good last year. My biggest complaint about NHL 09 was that (after the patch) you could NEVER score on blue line slapshots that were NOT screened. I know this doesn't happen all that often on NHL goalies in real life but it does happen. It would make signing that big defenseman with a 100 mph shot worth it. I hope the sliders have a major affect on game play.

# 3 onlybygrace @ 09/03/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Looks good. The only thing that is slightly concerning for me is the fact that the goalies look to be much improved. I thought they were almost too good last year. My biggest complaint about NHL 09 was that (after the patch) you could NEVER score on blue line slapshots that were NOT screened. I know this doesn't happen all that often on NHL goalies in real life but it does happen. It would make signing that big defenseman with a 100 mph shot worth it. I hope the sliders have a major affect on game play.
Have you played the demo??? Because its already better...like 1000 times better.

I've scored from the blueline screened and unscreened.

It's all good dude.

# 4 Gagnon39 @ 09/03/09 11:08 PM
What level are you playing on? I want to be able to do it on All-Star. I could do it on Pro on 09.

# 5 Gagnon39 @ 09/03/09 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I do it on Superstar in the demo so I'm sure it can be done on All-Star as well.
Well, good deal. I hope a future patch does not take this away again. Last year in 09, after the patch, you had to score 99% of your goals from the slot.

# 6 Spanky @ 09/04/09 12:19 AM
Bruins and Rangers playing with the Stanley Cup final logo on the ice. WTF?

Must have customization option in playoff mode to put teams in different conferences.

# 7 tyler289 @ 09/04/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Can you turn of the post whistle scrums? That is over the top me.

Well, the scrums are all initiated by the user, so you can just not hit anyone after and there won't be any action.

# 8 Vikes1 @ 09/04/09 02:16 AM
It's been awhile since I've looked forward to a coming game as much as this one.

Kind of strange that I enjoy a sports game like this...that I'm so terrible at. Trying to put my finger on just why I like this game so much is kind of difficult. But if I had to guess, I think it's because it feels like anything can happen...and it doesn't have a scripted feel to it whatsoever. Win or lose....I feel as though I deserved it. To me, thats a satisfying gaming experience.

# 9 ch46647 @ 09/04/09 08:29 AM
My friends and I are so excited for this game! I have a quick question for you guys, is there a way to drop the puck without using "harcore" passing?

I never figured out a way to do this in NHL 09 or the NHL 10 demo. This game is looking fantastic again this year!

# 10 Taku @ 09/04/09 09:59 AM
LT+RB i think...

# 11 Bolts_26 @ 09/04/09 03:49 PM
Amazing..Simply Amazing.

# 12 Steve_OS @ 09/04/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
Amazing..Simply Amazing.
testing quotes on home page.

# 13 Flyermania @ 09/04/09 08:19 PM
As good as the game looked and played in May, it looks even better now. And to top it all of they are improving it even more based on our feedback from the demo. Simply amazing.

# 14 MizzouRah @ 09/04/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
It's been awhile since I've looked forward to a coming game as much as this one.

Kind of strange that I enjoy a sports game like this...that I'm so terrible at. Trying to put my finger on just why I like this game so much is kind of difficult. But if I had to guess, I think it's because it feels like anything can happen...and it doesn't have a scripted feel to it whatsoever. Win or lose....I feel as though I deserved it. To me, thats a satisfying gaming experience.
One of the most organic games I've ever played... very addicting. This year they have stepped it up, I'm with you.. I cannot wait!

# 15 BleacherCreature @ 09/06/09 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
As good as the game looked and played in May, it looks even better now. And to top it all of they are improving it even more based on our feedback from the demo. Simply amazing.
This excites me beyond belief.

# 16 LuGer33 @ 09/06/09 09:56 PM
My buddies and I did a fantasy draft in Madden last week and we've been playing it out ever since. They are football guys and know a lot more about the sport than I do. I can't wait until we get NHL 10, boot up season mode, and I can turn the table on them.

# 17 MizzouRah @ 09/07/09 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Which is why I compared it to 2k3 initially and still strongly feel that way. It feels like hockey, looks and sounds great and finally has a deep franchise mode to go along with the BAP/EASHL. Can NOT WAIT!
Be a GM mode is going to take 75% of my gaming time. I'll probably wait for an opening day roster update, but then it's on!

I played a full season in NHL 08, but between po and 2k9, I only did about a half season last year. If be a GM is really good.. I might sim some games here and there so I can get through some off seasons.

# 18 ezio @ 09/09/09 08:30 PM
Looks good. Really looking forward to it. I was considering 2k as well but I am getting this first and then maybe will rent 2k.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.