Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog. This one covers, shooting the rock. Screenshots and 10 minute gameplay video included.

Quote:
"Hi again Live fans. Well, this is the last gameplay blog you guys will see before the NBA Live 10 demo hits PSN and XBL next week. I’m really looking forward to seeing all your homemade videos and reading your feedback. Keep in mind that the demo isn’t final code, so it’s really just a taste of what you’ll see in the full game. Take my word for it, one of the real strengths of Live this year is playing with and against all the different players and teams, which unfortunately, you won’t be able to do in the demo. But I’ll let Novell speak in more detail on just how deep the AI upgrade was this year and how we took player/team differentiation to the next level with Dynamic DNA. I know you sim-heads out there are gonna love it, so expect that blog in the near future.

But with the demo coming soon, we thought it would be good to give you one more tutorial to help you hit the ground running with some of the new gameplay mechanics. And today we’ll talk about everybody’s favorite subject: shooting the basketball."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 rockchisler @ 09/04/09 04:14 PM
Fantastic

# 162 Nephilim @ 09/04/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I like Money better than 2k though.
Smart man. And as far as 2k goes... They have jet to show us something and that is why we have jet to be as impressed or more than with this Live stuff. And I think we just might be. I really am worried how will I divide my time fairly between these two.. Especially since my life is about to go Da Czar's way (baby time)....

# 163 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

@ aholbert Considering what pared said above and knowing no game is perfect should that really be our goal. To watch something Just to see what is wrong with it ?

is it not okay for guys to acknowlege the improvements they feel live has made and be able to get excited about that ? I would love to hear you and P's honest critique of the 2k combine and see if your as even handed.
Czar,

That would be a valid point if I just posted negatives. But I didnt. There were plenty of things in the vid I liked. Ive said it was good multiple times. Also, I didnt knock one person acknowledging improvements (I made a few myself). But the minute, I put negatives...its a problem? There were 11 pages of impressions before mine and not one person could give a mixed impressions (good and bad?) This forum is turning to the point where if you want to say something negative about a game, you have to do it in the other forum because if you post in the actual game forum u will get killed. And thats ****ing sad.

As for the combine, my reaction was Meh. They improved spacing and animations. Some defensive rotations were improved but it felt a lot like 2k9.

# 164 Da_Czar @ 09/04/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Where is the discussion on the comments posted, as opposed to who made the comments?

This whole "us against them" thing is getting ridiculous. I know guys discuss more than these games via IM and the phone, but honestly, for the sake of the thread, discussing the video, I've yet to see anyone discuss the points I raised and would rather talk about some garbage forum politics as they see fit.

Again, would like to keep the focus on the video. Unless I'm gushing over everything, that seems to be difficult to do here.
every point raised may not garner a discussion but I feel the intent of what your saying stumbles posts rarely got discussed other than your a blatent live fan also

i agree the us vs them thing is ridiculous. my only point is its ridiculous all over not just here. And in that 2k thread guys were taking some very very good shots at stumble and I did not see you step in there as you do here. That is all i was saying. If its being called the same all over i have NO problem with it.

I believe it to be an issue with perception rather than reality. All of us could make a video absolutely destroying one game or the other. Again going back to your post I really really liked that because that says is a fair manner...

Listen its not going to be perfect so what can we realistically hold them accountable for and push for while still being in the realm of reality. i think if we can all do that we can both foster conversation about improvements while still being able to be a fan of the genre and stepping back and saying you know what These guys kicked some butt this year. Not perfect but from where they came from this looks great. To say that without being labeled as a "simple" gamer would be great.

Live has Stunk up the gym for so long it takes nothing away from 2k to say live is back. Because it is in the sense that its not completely broken.

I just like for things to be fair. no disrespect or ill will intended. i am not that type of guy.

# 165 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
How do you do that within a franchise I already started?
Edit it yourself like you can with basically any NBA game. Or play Dynamic Season and that'll all be taken care of for you. I can't totally speak with confidence on the editing thing, but generally in dynasty modes you can change those things. Might confirm with a dev.

# 166 Teddy_Long @ 09/04/09 04:20 PM
No way is Nene bigger than the 285+ Oden. That's just wrong.

# 167 bigeastbumrush @ 09/04/09 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You can check the 2k forum for the combine, as I've posted my issues with it in THAT forum, not here. This is concept that we've been trying to hammer home.

I like the video, yet I've posted about animation transitions that are spotty (that weren't as noticeable last year). Also mentioned I couldn't hear the MSG organ.

Where is the discussion on the comments posted, as opposed to who made the comments?

This whole "us against them" thing is getting ridiculous. I know guys discuss more than these games via IM and the phone, but honestly, for the sake of the thread, discussing the video, I've yet to see anyone discuss the points I raised and would rather talk about some garbage forum politics as they see fit.

Again, would like to keep the focus on the video. Unless I'm gushing over everything, that seems to be difficult to do here.
MSG Organs @ 07:49 of the clip.

Mike already acknowledged slight warping from time to time.

I mean seriously...some of the complaints were downright nitpicking. It's not about making legitimate arguments about obvious flaws...it's just straight up buzzkill.

The clips were phenomenal. Were they perfect? Absolutely not. And nobody said so.

But is Live back? Hell yeah. Does it seem this can be the biggest next gen one-year jump ever? Hell yeah.

Let the people ride off their excitement even for a second...geez.

# 168 Da_Czar @ 09/04/09 04:22 PM
Quote:
Czar,

That would be a valid point if I just posted negatives. But I didnt. There were plenty of things in the vid I liked. Ive said it was good multiple times. Also, I didnt knock one person acknowledging improvements (I made a few myself). But the minute, I put negatives...its a problem? There were 11 pages of impressions before mine and not one person could give a mixed impressions (good and bad?) This forum is turning to the point where if you want to say something negative about a game, you have to do it in the other forum because if you post in the actual game forum u will get killed. And thats ****ing sad.

As for the combine, my reaction was Meh. They improved spacing and animations. Some defensive rotations were improved but it felt a lot like 2k9.
thanks Aholbert man. And i agree with you. A guy HAS to be able to come in and say his peace even if it isn't glowing and not be attacked . That ain't right either like i said it probably more a perception thing than anything else. i was not trying to defend that if that is how that came across. I like rodney king wit em Bro can't we all just get along ??? LOL

Thanks for the combine thoughts also man. Your thoughts line up with mine exactly on that. Animations are a beast though... back on topic.....

thanks for hearing me out on that one... I'm still grateful for that footage you and pared hooked me up with for the 2k6 or 2k7 videos man.

# 169 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Edit it yourself like you can with basically any NBA game. Or play Dynamic Season and that'll all be taken care of for you. I can't totally speak with confidence on the editing thing, but generally in dynasty modes you can change those things. Might confirm with a dev.

Thats all I'm asking. Is it editable because in other years it wasnt. In 2k it was. In Live it wasnt a few years ago.

# 170 HoosierDaddy @ 09/04/09 04:25 PM
All I have to say is, OMG!

# 171 iLLosophy @ 09/04/09 04:26 PM
Hola people. I'm back from a 1 year hiatus. I got to say I'm excited to see what Live is bringing this year.

Anyway - about the blog post:

On the second video - I think Jesus must've flew across the stadium at 1:32 because the whole crowd and commentators appeared to be distracted from the game...

And that Al Harrington drive with the foul (7:48) - I can see the refs calling that a shooting foul from the hop step, but please tell me that shot would not have counted if it went in

With that said, this is pretty awesome looking game. The features are nice, and I really like the pass-stick feature. Knowing what I know about software development, it's almost impossible to make this big of a stride in a video game iteration and not have any wrinkles that need to be ironed out. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up - but you guys seem to be on the path to making a revolutionary game here....

# 172 GSW @ 09/04/09 04:27 PM
I apologize Aholbert...

Just seemed like your dislikes were rather insignifigant to me in the grand scheme of things.

thats why i LMAO.

Live is "back"... but yea i wish people would just not attack oen another for the msot part we are all grown men, so we should be able to speak our peace, as long as it isnt personally attacking someone...

I dont want to be a hypocrite so I'll step back

PS. LIVE IS BACK!!

# 173 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
I apologize Aholbert...

Just seemed like your dislikes were rather insignifigant to me in the grand scheme of things.

thats why i LMAO.

Live is "back"... but yea i wish people would just not attack oen another for the msot part we are all grown men, so we should be able to speak our peace, as long as it isnt personally attacking someone...

I dont want to be a hypocrite so I'll step back

PS. LIVE IS BACK!!

No problem GSW. To everyone else let me be clear:

IM BUYING THE DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!

So anytime I come on here and I make a negative comment about a video or blog, dont let it kill your buzz because IM BUYING THE DAMN GAME!!

Ok, now lets talk about how they got Derozen's socks wrong? :-)

# 174 nccomicfan @ 09/04/09 04:33 PM
I'm glad Pared acknowledged the sliding so I don't get blasted...still sliding alot in post-up situations.I'm sure the game is finished so maybe it can be patched later.That being said, it happens in 2kland as well..

Waiting for both demos before I make a purchase decision.The last two years I've bought 2k on day one and then bought Live as a change of pace later in the season.Both times Live has not lasted long in this house, which is sad because I played Live religiously in the 90s...I desperately want to believe the hype, but after all the other EA disappointments can you blame me for waiting for the other shoe to drop? I want this game to be right because quite frankly I am tired of the 2k hoops engine that it seems live I've been playing since 2k5 on the xbox

# 175 aholbert32 @ 09/04/09 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
23, come in here and give this man an infraction just like how you would to me if I were to try and by pass the language filter
LOL...I didnt bypass it. When you type out the word thats what it says. I'll edit it though so delicate ears like yourself dont get offended.

# 176 Da_Czar @ 09/04/09 04:35 PM
Quote:

Ok, now lets talk about how they got Derozen's socks wrong?

# 177 bigboy75 @ 09/04/09 04:36 PM
Plus, you got a track record for being kinda disrespectful bruh.

# 178 Jamin23 @ 09/04/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
LOL...I didnt bypass it. When you type out the word thats what it says. I'll edit it though so delicate ears like yourself dont get offended.
Haha!!! nice edit!!

# 179 bigeastbumrush @ 09/04/09 04:39 PM
Start of Jazz/Raptors game, Boozer goes up for the layup (awesome adjustment in mid-air) and screams, "OH!!" as he tries to get a foul call.

YES

Love the fighting down low. At 08:58, Jordan Hill has Biedrens in a damn arm lock

# 180 NINJAK2 @ 09/04/09 04:42 PM
Love the subtle animations like offensive players holding their face after a perceived foul and made bucket.

MJ-No improvements in 2k's A.I. since dreamcast? Come on.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.