NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K10 trailer.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Goffs @ 09/08/09 05:37 PM
Agree wit sage...people are so high on live10 right now they just can't help it but mention it here in the 2k forums lol

Same ol rhetort I've been a fan of 2k blah blah they gotta show me something blah blah I'm going to live this year blah blah...

# 102 Goffs @ 09/08/09 05:39 PM
Edit can't edit on phone thanks for uploading in youtube...I hate watching it on the phone the quality sucks.

# 103 idrisguitar @ 09/08/09 05:45 PM
im a massive 2k fan, will be buying it day one along with live (why not have best of both worlds, especially when live looks to finally be a good game this year)

HOWEVER this teaser made my hype go DOWN, not up. it looked little better than a fan made 2k9 vid.

im not saying 2k10 will now suck, in fact i know i will love it, its 2k, its always going to be improved and feel different from the last game.

but in terms of promotion for 2k10, they could not be failing worse than they are right now.

# 104 Behindshadows @ 09/08/09 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is absolute BS. There has NEVER been a 5 day window to promote games by 2k sports.
It was a hypothetical statement, as in they wait until the last minute to release stuff.

Not really 5 days...lol.

# 105 akiracy @ 09/08/09 06:01 PM
they need to adjust the bulls away jersey, its too violet

# 106 Gmoney2002 @ 09/08/09 06:16 PM
Derrick Rose's face looks cool and improved from last year but other than that,

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Looking forward to some real info/vids etc...

# 107 videobastard @ 09/08/09 06:17 PM
2k Still with the laid back marketing. Sooner or later this will be their downfall. This video did nothing for me. I need to see some 5 on 5 gameplay. If the other bball demo this week lives up to hype. I can see me getting that game instead.

# 108 youvalss @ 09/08/09 06:17 PM
It's called a "teaser", and people here are certainly teased. Mission accomplished.

Anyway, I liked it. Hard to see if the controls are better this time around, but it looked good! With or without this video (or any additional video), I'm getting it for sure!

# 109 ctu130 @ 09/08/09 06:19 PM
They got Rose's facial expressions down pat

# 110 navyboy09 @ 09/08/09 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Video was whack! We are too long into development for a teaser, it's time for game play videos already!

I think the graphics look about the same, animations are nice as always! That has never been 2k's downfall, their animations are always nice. I still see poor defense and unstoppable PG!

Now if 4 defenders on 1 short guy and he still gets by, impresses people then I'm shocked. What happened to defense A.I. one of the biggest complaints about 2k9. Now we see a video of D. Rose crossing over and dunking on everyone. Even Perkins didn't slap his **** into the bleechers, he just sat there and took a body shot, in reality, Perkins would have laid Rose on his backside on the court. We need to see more body contact on those plays and fouls.

I wasn't expecting much, but overall I guess I'm the only guy not impressed and really wanting to see more at this point. 5 on 5 and that new commentary that is added. I want to see that!

2k is the King of Presentation and animations no doubt. But they are still slacking in details and graphics. But I really want to hear that damn commentary, they got me excited about that.

I agree with you on rose just dunking of perkins and nene with no body contact. That really turned me off. The animations look good except for that same step back on rondo that was in 2k9. I hope that aint as effective in 2k10 as it was in 2k9. Everything else looked good imo.

# 111 Aces15 @ 09/08/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctu130
They got Rose's facial expressions down pat

I was waiting for somebody to bring that up.

# 112 Pared @ 09/08/09 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Let us see gameplay, presentation, etc. First hand, not by hype. People say 2k has done this crap for years, that's a lie. 2k began this strand after Sega signed them to Take Two! Take Two got lazy and markets everything Rockstar does 3 to 5 months in advance. 2ksports division on the other hand, gets a five day info release before it hit's shelves. Even the demo's have been coming out after the game hits stores. But no one mentioned that.

D. Rose looks exactly the same in 2k9, so that part isn't impressing me. Stadium detail was good in 2k9, so that's not impressing me. Some of those exact same animations were in 2k9 so that's not impressing me. 2k9's trailers and tease seem like deja vu.

That's why I say the teaser was wack, just because of that! Am I saying the game will suck, no I'm not! I'm saying that I don't like this teaser because it really shows nothing we can't already do in 2k9.
I mean the following with the utmost respect:

Why do you, continuously come into threads like this where things are clearly labeled, and go off? It's like going into a drama and complaining there wasn't enough comedy.

It's KNOWN this is what 2k does. Teaser... teaser... teaser... big trailer. This isn't new. You've been around for years. Why do guys who just registered less than a year a go understand that and you don't?

It's just ridiculous at this point BS. I can write your posts for you because you've been repeating the same thing for quite a while now. All that was missing was the fact that you're "still going to buy the game because you've bought every single 2k and you must have a collector's edition." You complained about Kobe last year because he was unchanged... then you complained about him this year because they changed him. They "don't change" D-Rose... do they really need to? It looks just like him. Guys even brought up his likeness in the Live thread as a comparison.

When are you just going to be able to take the videos for what they are? Could it be you're just burned out on the series? If that's the case, there seems to be a solid alternative for you. Honestly, if I were a developer, I wouldn't even take your comments seriously at this point. It's gotten that bad. These trailers aren't for you. Let me repeat that: these trailers aren't for you. You want the gameplay vids that Steve is going to post. Just wait for that. Stop torturing yourself. C'mon man, you're better than that. Maybe you're expecting too much. I don't know what it is, but you've hit that point. Hopefully this helps you realize that.

# 113 Da_Czar @ 09/08/09 06:53 PM
these boys know how to animate.... Looked dam good in motion. I would really love to see some gameplay footage though. D rose looks like a Problem I also wish that step back space creation was removed or toned down as it was money last year.

# 114 marcoyk @ 09/08/09 06:56 PM
Pretty sweet animations. Looking forward to more info.

# 115 Eman5805 @ 09/08/09 06:59 PM
Let me get this straight, people are complaining about lack of defense in a HIGHLIGHT reel teaser featuring Derrick Rose? Did people expect to see his stuff get swatted or something?

# 116 brownclown @ 09/08/09 07:09 PM
meh doesnt have good lighting arenas to dark no face expression when rose dunked on perk

looks like 2k9.5 but well see how it will do

# 117 bigfnjoe96 @ 09/08/09 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Seriously. Leave it to a vet to be a voice of reason.

What's over/under on posts before someone complains about the length of the trailer?
Did we ever get a # on this-1 Pared...

# 118 Rocboyz101 @ 09/08/09 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Let me get this straight, people are complaining about lack of defense in a HIGHLIGHT reel teaser featuring Derrick Rose? Did people expect to see his stuff get swatted or something?
I don't think anyones seriously mad about the dunks and such...it just reminds people of 2k9 is all. Only valid thing to complain about in that video is the canimation dribble hesitation rose did. Once again I'll take it for what its worth...a trailer.

# 119 edubbs @ 09/08/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightRoomKing
I guess I'll be the first to gripe a little....lol.

But the Bulls bench is still on the wrong side. I know, I know, big deal, but this is a quirk of mine.

It's a valid gripe man.

Unfortunately, they did not make the corrections to the team benches this year. I had this in the wishlist thread for both games.

Live10 got it in but, it looks like 2k fell short getting the accurate bench locations for each arena. It takes away from the 'visual' authenic feel you get when playing games IMO.

There are a few team's that home benches should be on the right side of the screen when playing in broadcast view.....just to name a few

-bulls
-heat
-pistons
-kings
-hawks
-bucks

Dissapointed that this wasn't fixed, 2k is usually very good with getting the 'little things' right.

Kinda sucks to provide detailed arena architecture but, then get the bench locations wrong for the 4th year now.

# 120 Pared @ 09/08/09 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Did we ever get a # on this-1 Pared...
No.. I'm taking bets next trailer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
I don't think anyones seriously mad about the dunks and such...it just reminds people of 2k9 is all. Only valid thing to complain about in that video is the canimation dribble hesitation rose did. Once again I'll take it for what its worth...a trailer.
Have you played the combine? You can't do it there. Doesn't excuse why it's in the trailer... could be a ratings thing.

Either way, I'd agree it's the one thing that really warrants a red flag. Let's get that out, via a patch or whatever. Stat.

edubb,

With 2k10 going to a full real-time presentation ala MLB 2k10, that could be the reason why it's not in. They would have to re-write all the code for the game recognize players on a different side during subs.

I'm interested to see how Live handled their subs. If they did it via a "camera cut" then this would be much easier for them to implement than 2k.

Still would be nice to see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.