Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 FAQ - Part 1.

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans! It's been a little while since we dropped a post here on the blog, but we wanted to use this opportunity to answer a bunch of the most asked questions that have been showing up on forums, twitter, etc.

We thought we'd try something new though and do the FAQ in video form. It just made it more personal.

Some key points before you watch:

- The first title update was completed before the game shipped (in case you are wondering why certain issues didn't make it in)
- We're hard at work on the second title update, focusing primarily on various aspects of gameplay
- We're going to continue to make more of these FAQ videos."

If anyone wants to transcribe all of it I bet I could find some swag to send.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 FunkDockta27 @ 09/09/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The video said people have tournaments offline and that is why you can't have the option to scramble out of the wildcat in offline franchise. But why ignore the issue, can't it be an option to turn on/off? Isn't the whole "what you see on Sunday" phrase being taken into account? Ronnie Brown RUNS left and THROWS to Anthony Fasano out of the Wildcat. Why can't I do that in my franchise?
Pick a HB Toss Pass if its that important for Ronnie Brown to pass it. I do that...with Billy "Effin White Boy" Latsko.

# 62 jlukes @ 09/09/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Dude you rock!

Send me an email at maddencommunity [at] yahoo.com.

I was first, I just didn't format it pretty (and i offered to take you to a giants game haha!)

# 63 BroMontana82 @ 09/09/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
I assume that when Looman said they're working on fixing the stats that the tackle stats will be addressed as well (the tackles and assists not adding correctly for non-simmed games)?
exactly but i didn't see this being mentioned. hopefully it's included? for me, the sim stats tend to be fine for tackles, but they're broken in user controlled games.

# 64 Deegeezy @ 09/09/09 03:22 PM
Something I have done recently to combat passes to the flats is to use my DE and peel off the cover the RB if it appears that my LB puts himself out of position.

Sure it hinders the pass rush some (but not much considering that there isn't a good chance I'll get to the QB anyway).

# 65 twiztedjb @ 09/09/09 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Nothing on correct tackle stats so my LBs make the pro bowl once in awhile? How about 3-4 pass rush effectiveness?
+1. This would be great to know. I'd love to get the chance to play this game, but if stats are going to be wrong than what's the point?

# 66 Pared @ 09/09/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Oh and did I miss something is the iPhone app out because I don't see it on the store.
I haven't been able to find it either.

This should hopefully improve the game. Glad to see the dev. team acknowledge the amount of work still going into the game.

# 67 nccomicfan @ 09/09/09 03:28 PM
Disappointed a major flaw like passes in the flat is not in patch 1, other than that patch 1 rounds the game out pretty well for me

Would be nice to use the Wildcat properly, hopefully for 11...right now it's just basically the direct snap call we've had for years

# 68 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/09/09 03:31 PM
Thank you, Ian. Great videos!

That pretty much answered all my questions. Looking forward to the issues being fixed.

Also stoked for broadcast cam! Looks cool...and stadium chants will be nice to have back in the game.

# 69 bgdave39 @ 09/09/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Dude you rock!

Send me an email at maddencommunity [at] yahoo.com.
Email sent!

# 70 BroMontana82 @ 09/09/09 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
I assume that when Looman said they're working on fixing the stats that the tackle stats will be addressed as well (the tackles and assists not adding correctly for non-simmed games)?
i just watched the videos and think since he was looking at simulated stats, these could be looked at but really the biggest issue IMO is in the games you play, tackle assists are not being counted so you have low tackle stats.

# 71 bgdave39 @ 09/09/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Fixed.
The second list was stuff he said would be in the first patch on the gameplay end. Your edit is wrong I believe. Please remove that edited quote so people are not confused.

# 72 Matt Diesel @ 09/09/09 03:55 PM
Can we get a yes or no to the tackle stats (assists + solo = total) being fixed? I believe this was one of the most commonly requested fixes that did not seem to be directly addressed in the FAQ videos.

# 73 ps2sportgamer @ 09/09/09 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
The second list was stuff he said would be in the first patch on the gameplay end. Your edit is wrong I believe.
You are correct. He edited it wrong......

# 74 drlw322 @ 09/09/09 03:59 PM
sorry for the bold what about the tackle stats

# 75 bigsmallwood @ 09/09/09 04:04 PM
Great job Ian by addressing the Madden Issues via Youtube! Makes it much better to understand and its more personable!!!! Kudos!

# 76 NDIrish98 @ 09/09/09 04:08 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAWN......at the first patch. None of the things listed about patch 1 come even remotely close to making this game any better. i dont play online, i just never got into the online because i'd probably have a better chance at winning online if i throw my 6 yr old son in a game and have him press A and pass it to A the whole game, thats about the way the whole 2-3 games ive ever played online have been. Until the pass/run blocking is fixed, this game still isnt the Madden it could be. oh wow, a broadcast cam..............lame. it'll probably be playoff time when patch 2 arrives.

# 77 Tengo Juego @ 09/09/09 04:09 PM
Yeah, I totally misinterpreted the video. My mistake Dave. I fixed the quoted post.

I'm actually glad I was wrong.

# 78 roadman @ 09/09/09 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
Why is Ian so against offline franchise? All you ever hear is online this, and online that. Everybody doesn't play online. So basically the offline issues gets pushed to the back burner. My other is how many people would really buy the game if it was online only? They just put franchise mode in there for sales purposes.
Are you assuming because he plays in online leagues that he is interested more in online issues?

Maybe you didn't hear, but the first patch was completed a week before the game launched.

The passing in the flats wasn't discovered until after the game launched, that is why it's included in the second patch.

It's very similar to 08 when fatigue and fumbles weren't noticed until the game came out. Those were fixed in the second patch.

It is what it is.

# 79 ZoneKIller @ 09/09/09 04:16 PM
Hey Ian thanks to you ,Phil and the rest of the crew for the great game.

On the topic,My question didnt get answered so Ill ask here.

Is there a way to change teams mid-Franchise.Offline.

If there is not or a way to get fired can you guys fix it?
Or allow us to change teams?

Thanks again

# 80 Jump @ 09/09/09 04:20 PM
I know this will be ignored by the devs, but no mention of why a punter can stonewall elite d-lineman if they are forced to play on the offensive line?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.