Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Tha_Kid @ 09/10/09 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
hey to everyone who stopped in to say they enjoyed the video. Thank You... it really does mean alot. i literally spent every waking hour yesterday and today up until about 10:00 p.m. trying to get these done for you guys..

I tried to use as many teams and uniform combinations as possible. It means the world to know the work is appreciated. I understand eveyone may not like every show but for the people who appreciate it to take the time to say something. ALWAYS means something to me. Its what keeps me going on hour 10 of an 14 hour editing session. Anyway I'm off to bed have a good night family !!!
Much love for showing off those bullets jerseys. I'll never run with the current Wiz jerseys with freshness like that at the ready.

# 182 SacKings1999 @ 09/10/09 03:22 AM
Czar! You are the man! The video was amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this Live coverage, we all appreciate it. This vid made my night, seriously.

This is a good year to be a gamer nerd who loves the NBA .

EA is getting back to what they used to do best- innovation and great controls. I know Live 03 was the worst dunk-fest in the history of the sport, and overall it was comical... but you know, the freestyle controls that they introduced that year were truly innovative. As laughingly unrealistic as that game was, the controls felt amazing. Looks like Live 10 might just be the innovative next-gen Live we've been waiting half a decade for.

# 183 demencia_total @ 09/10/09 03:23 AM
Thanks for making my decision on which game to purchase much more difficult Czar.

But seriously, first year in ages that its probably going to come down to the last day, so I'm not making any pre-orders. Probably will get both titles down the line, but only one will come home on release date, so we'll see.

And as always, incredible work.

# 184 gmix411 @ 09/10/09 03:52 AM
Is the title "the takeover" a coincidence?

# 185 Rob. D @ 09/10/09 03:54 AM
Damn good video Czar!

# 186 Ozeob @ 09/10/09 04:15 AM
Why is every shot that goes in a swish?

# 187 idrisguitar @ 09/10/09 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeob
Why is every shot that goes in a swish?
coincidence,

watch the shooting the rock shooting tutorial that mike wang put up.

you can see ALL different type of shot success animations. go to the official live 10 website and check out the blogs mate, there are full of great info and videos.

# 188 carnalnirvana @ 09/10/09 05:14 AM
i really hope the cpu D. Rose will break us down like that, wont be fun for us only to be able to do these moves

# 189 tabulaRasa @ 09/10/09 05:32 AM
Awesome that EA did this amazing turnaround in one year, and didnīt just PR their game to greatness with VIP treatment of key members and hyping personel changes. Looking good.

# 190 frostbyte06 @ 09/10/09 07:36 AM
Loving the vid, this level of control is going to be gangsta, however why is everybody beating up on the hometeam (Grizz) in their highlights...lol. Keep doing what you do, the community appreciates it.

# 191 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/10/09 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
For me, it made my decision a no-brainer
When i heard about mike wang working deep into nba live 10 when it was first talked about i was sold

# 192 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/10/09 08:58 AM

# 193 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/10/09 09:21 AM
And check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF2Pf...eature=related

Around 5:02 you see how sto took that jumper and was moveing back still dude to the moment....Did yall notice that? INSANE!!!

# 194 Jano @ 09/10/09 10:14 AM
I love the fact that we can control everything in Live and I never really liked the whole "control the player but watch what happens" in 2K.

IDK I feel like when something is pulled of in Live 10 its going feel so much better to me knowing I made everything happen.

Some people like that style in 2K but I have never liked it. Besides all the player momentum and weight is going to make sure their is difference between BD and TP.

So in theory they maybe able to do the same moves but with one player certain moves may be more effective. Which is something Czar alluded to in his preview each player feels different so you have to change your dribbling style accordingly.

# 195 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/09 11:11 AM
My biggest problem with live last year was that i felt players had no individuality...rather just placed into groups...im really hoping players actually feel different as czar said...

# 196 Gmoney2002 @ 09/10/09 11:17 AM
I think I get what youre saying Novastar. The same stick move animations are attached to two players who have totally different ballhandling skillsets. You basically want more "Signature" play or animations assigned to players. That's a whole lot more animations to add though if that's the case but I hear you man.

I don't neccessarily mind this for now. As long as they continue to fix gameplay mechanics and the animations that they do have are as smooth and seamless as can be.

# 197 -DaVe- @ 09/10/09 11:25 AM
The dribbling system looks very cool.
The thing I don't like is that these defenders have no clue how to block shots. It's like they're not aiming their arms to block the shot. It's like a windmill swing...
I predict ppl are going to drive at will because they know that a perfectly timed block attempt will have absolutely no affect on the shot.

# 198 Gmoney2002 @ 09/10/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Exactly G, exactly. I reference college hoops 2k8 and NBA 2k9 to bolster my point. In college hoops if you have a pg and a sg, the two have the same movements based on the sticks, but the results would be totally different. If I tried to shake and bake with the sg, more likely than not he will lose the ball or stumble, if I tried those same moves with the pg, he could pull them off with no problem. You have the stick moves, and the individual player ratings that actually play out as you watch and play the game.

In 2k9, If I am on a certain spot on the floor I can hit the left stick button and get a kobe move (if I am using Kobe), if I am on the same spot and hit the same stick I get a lamar move, instead of a kobe move. The kicker and the beauty of it to me is, I get moves I don't necessarily control, the game takes into account the player and does a move that the player would actually do.

After watching some of these videos, I remember seeing Dereck Fisher looking like Chris Paul on one of his moves. Fisher should not be able to even remotely handle the rock like CP3 and Aaron Brooks should not remotely look like Carmelo, while handling the rock. If stick skills are the same for all pg's and sg's then what is the point? If everyone can pull off the same moves with various players due to stick control, that speaks more of arcade to me. So far I have seen that in some of these vids.

It is not so much that they all should be signature moves, is that they should not all be the same based on stick control.
I hear you but again, in order for this to be implemented more animations must be added to provide that variety you desire(I.E. An animation package with slower, less crisp, crossovers)

# 199 NINJAK2 @ 09/10/09 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Not nearly as much, tho. For the past few years, it seems like Live defenders who were beaten, stayed beaten, instead of magically getting in front of you again as you gather for the layup. Then again, that made the defense a little too easy to beat since the help always had to come. Even a beaten defender can get a paw in there, get a strip, or make a physical play on the ball from the rear.

I hope both titles provide a good balance this season.
I'll agree with you that there was not as much especially during fastbreaks, but the one on one game in live 09 certainly had some speed cheats going on for the defense that felt cheap with people sliding in front of you after getting beat. That looks to be all but gone based on vids. I'm hoping for two good hoop games but I can certainly say that it appears we have atleast one for certain in Live 10.

# 200 HMcCoy @ 09/10/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
What up H....
Do you understand what I am saying?
I feel you, and I agree. I especially felt that on Bron's moves at the end. While he's got those handles, hes way too tall and stiff to pull them off that quickly. His handles are nasty, but 6'8" 260 nasty, not 6'1" 180lbs nasty. Born and I talked about this offline a few weeks back...Bron has got some sick dribbling ability, we agreed that while he can pull off ant dribbling move at will...it will never quite match a much smaller guard who uses those moves out of neccessity, and not just because he's feeling frisky.

For now, I don't have a big issue with it, since us hardcore players can simply limit those size-ups to the appropriate players ourselves. I have faith that Mike will add sig features to that mechanic in the near future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.