Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Just a very well-conceived and executed control scheme plus (finally) the animations to back it up. So excited for tomorrow/Friday...
Exactly Stumble that's the key. The animations and the transistion of multiple ones.

Smoothest I've seen in a next gen Live...

# 22 HAILAS @ 09/09/09 08:18 PM
U Tube plz...

# 23 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/09/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
Although nothing floored me it was a nice vid with some slick moves
LOL you got to be a 2k fan for that comment..The controls by its self is TOTALLY out of this world and nba live 10 is on the next level to where i dont think any other basketball game can reach at this point..Graphically and gameplay is at another level and LIVE IS BACK..Thats the theme for this year

# 24 krazyboy225 @ 09/09/09 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX syntax XxX
LOL you got to be a 2k fan for that comment..The controls by its self is TOTALLY out of this world and nba live 10 is on the next level to where i dont think any other basketball game can reach at this point..Graphically and gameplay is at another level and LIVE IS BACK..Thats the theme for this year
Dont bring 2k in here man.

# 25 Rinse @ 09/09/09 08:21 PM
I'm sold.

Been a 2K player since the Dreamcast, but I'm coppin Live. The king is back!

# 26 ZoneBlitz @ 09/09/09 08:22 PM
Looks good. Still will have to play both games to see how they feel. I like the control schemes.

It's going to be a great year for gamers.

# 27 slliMMills @ 09/09/09 08:25 PM
Im really digging the CONTROL live gives, it doesnt seem to be any can animations. FRESH!!!

# 28 Nerukus @ 09/09/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Looks good. Still will have to play both games to see how they feel. I like the control schemes.

It's going to be a great year for gamers.
That the best objective comment yet. Way to have an open mind.

# 29 J-Unit40 @ 09/09/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
EA you have officially taken a 2k homer and converted him to Live. How you did it I don't know but damn, I'm glad you did.

I hear you chadskee.

The controls look "tighter than knots on ropes".

*goes to change pre-order to Live 10*

I think I need a change of pace this year. Still gotta get my hands on the controls for each with the demo to make for certain, but the scales are tipped to Live at this point.

I still need to hear/see about Franchise/Season mode though. That's a big part of the overall experience for me.

# 30 TreyIM2 @ 09/09/09 08:29 PM
Czar - "YOU IS A FOOL!!!!!", as they would say in the hood. LMAO!! LOVED that vid, mang!! You really made an already great looking product seem even better. I'm so glad EA never gave up on the right stick for doing your moves and now we get it in combo with the right stick. And if the momentum works out like I think it will, wooooo, controlling this game IS GUNNA BE ILL, SON!!! I LOVE when a game dev can utilize both sticks (uhh, no homo) in such a way where it feels so bananas, no matter what the game. I say this all the time but even though I loved 2K9, it just never felt as good as Live. Control scheme has ALWAYS been better and now it's been taken to a new level.

Now, that being said, the only sucky part is how Mike Wang (not to mention, another site had an "official" posting, as well) got me all fired up thinking that the PS3 version of the demo was dropping tomorrow, on two separate occasions, and now it's being said that only gold XBL members on the 360 are getting it tomorrow or Friday and the rest of us have to wait til NEXT Thurs. This is torture, no Michael Jackson (many ways to read into that, if people know the song and the vid but R.I.P. M.J.).

Great, great vid. Gunna watch it again after I pickup my food....then watch it some more. I'm a glutton for punishment.

# 31 chadskee @ 09/09/09 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I feel you chadskee.

The controls look "tighter than knots on ropes".

*goes to change pre-order to Live 10*

I think I need a change of pace this year. Still gotta get my hands on the controls for each with the demo to make for certain, but the scales are tipped to Live at this point.
I was thinking that too, but even if 2k improves in a lot of areas I cannot see them improving enough with the handles, and never being stuck in an animation again with Live just seems too good to be true.

I didn't do it last year because the animations just didn't look natural at all, but now that they do it's a work of art.

That being said, I'm definitely checking out everything 2k has to offer from here on out as well.

# 32 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/09/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
I was thinking that too, but even if 2k improves in a lot of areas I cannot see them improving enough with the handles, and never being stuck in an animation again with Live just seems too good to be true.

I didn't do it last year because the animations just didn't look natural at all, but now that they do it's a work of art.

That being said, I'm definitely checking out everything 2k has to offer from here on out as well.
Im still amazed at the vid...Everything looks fluid

# 33 idrisguitar @ 09/09/09 08:41 PM
and the finish was a nice dodge step layup too,

truly a brilliant last play by rose, best thing i have seen from live.

will wait for ep 2 tomorrow before i rewatch it over and over again

im buying both games this year, but still after i didn;t get on with live 09 at all last year, any great videos of live 10 will only go further to justify this years live's pre-order

# 34 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 08:43 PM
Great video. Love the Czar's flavor man. I can't get my hands on this game soon enough.

# 35 Jano @ 09/09/09 08:44 PM
The controls sounds great and I'm just going crazy on how every move is done by me. As a defender it seems like its the same way if you bite on one move you get beat.

No more of animations controlling me as a defender I'm my on seperate player.

I don't think any bball game has ever truly seperated the ball handler and the defender quite like Live 10 seems to have done.

# 36 gmix411 @ 09/09/09 08:45 PM
Melo's jumpshot looks great!

# 37 richmo @ 09/09/09 08:45 PM
The potential I saw in Live 09 looks to finally be untapped in 10 as I expected it to be. Great work as usual Czar. Hearing the excitement in your voice is contagious and gives me great vibes about Live this year.

# 38 Rocboyz101 @ 09/09/09 08:46 PM
The player control looks amazing. Video games have lacked this for while now.

# 39 RubenDouglas @ 09/09/09 08:48 PM
controllability.. i love that aspect right about now.

YES!

# 40 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/09/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
O.k. Live is back from what? Back in the day it was the only basketball game to speak of. Then Inside Drive came along and knocked them out of the box. After that, 2k made live, dead. So again, I ask, back from what? Since there has been competition, live hasn't been very competitive.

Bottomline. Da Czar is stellar as usual. The vids were cool. There is so much more to be revealed before anyone that claims to KNOW anything can say anything. Czar himself has said he needs more time with live to give a more accurate anaylsis. At this point, all one can say is that live 10 is better than the garbage that was live 09, that's about it.
Live is a beast!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.