Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 thmst30 @ 09/09/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MidNight_
That was the replay camera mode, it was set to capture the basketball movement not the player movement. E.G. every move the ball makes from left to right in the player hands the camera does the same thing, you can test it out for yourself in live 09.
Yea that's what made it look off sometimes. The clips from the hanger looked great in comparison.

# 82 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Love the vid Czar. Your production quality keeps getting better and better, kudos.

I still don't like how quickly you can transition into the next animation, makes everything look a bit robotic. slider gurus may make this a must-have. Damn. 120 bucks in b-ball games...
I hear you HMcCoy cause I shared those same concerns with previous versions. However, IMO, those transistions are the smoothest I've seen to date man. Since it has been mentioned that the replay mode makes movements slightly jerky. I'll know for sure once I get my hands on the demo...

# 83 JkA3 @ 09/09/09 10:14 PM
Czar, great video playa. Much appreciated. I'm on PS3, so the anticipation is killing me.

# 84 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/09/09 10:17 PM
I read through all of this thread and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Draft Combine. To me it was a bigger improvement over 2k9 than any 2k basketball game has been over its predecessor. Of course that may say something about how I feel about 2k9, but still… oh and of course there is the possibility that the DC will be worse than 2k10 when VC makes the NBA stars play like super NBA stars

# 85 Jamin23 @ 09/09/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea but all the video game rental stores closed in my town and i hate forgetting to bring games back. I know there are things like Gamefly or whatever but i am a very busy person (work, school, coaching) so i would rather just get the game and play it when i have the chance rather than renting it. I know the demos arent the full game or final version but they usually give me a good idea as to which is the better game. I think the demos will give me a good enough idea. It gives you a strong enough indication and leads you in the direction of which is better.
Where do you live?

# 86 TreyIM2 @ 09/09/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
The technology isnt there yet to have real momentum and weight movements. I'm not an expert but if the user is jerking left and right you cant have the player not respond right? So naturally the instant turns will always be there until we hit virtual reality haha.
I just wonder if people like you or the person you quoted on this subject have questioned 2K's locomotion technology. Sometimes I read posts about games, especially any b-ball/football game, that is/was competing with 2K and people make comments against them as if 2K didn't do some of the same things that people are critical of in their competition. And we all know who their main comp is.

Just an observation of the nitpicks and how they sound like they are alluding to something even without actually saying it.

# 87 thmst30 @ 09/09/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
fficeffice" />>>
I read through all of this thread and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Draft Combine. To me it was a bigger improvement over 2k9 than any 2k basketball game has been over its predecessor. Of course that may say something about how I feel about 2k9, but still… oh and of course there is the possibility that the DC will be worse than 2k10 when VC makes the NBA stars play like super NBA stars
Why mention the DC? These are the Live forums.

# 88 NBAfan#109287322 @ 09/09/09 10:19 PM
What date does the demo drop?

# 89 TMagic @ 09/09/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
I read through all of this thread and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Draft Combine.
Why?

This thread is about Live...

# 90 cam21224 @ 09/09/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
From a pure analytical standpoint...There is no real need to see 2k to make a decision on whether LIVE is representing Basketball appropriately...So far the videos and information indicate LIVE is definately improved and more importantly representing the NBA appropriately. 2K will be great but its strengths and weakness will not make Live any better or worse.

Same goes for 2k...When they finally show something it will be easy to compare it to Live but at the end of the day the question will be for all of us..."Which game do we individually feel represents the NBA in the most realistic/fun manner"

Now regarding Czar's video...Not much we haven't already seen...Its more of a promotional video...I'm sure we will see far more detailed breakdown's when cats like Czar get in the lab with the game and are really able to break down the molecules of the game.

Best comment in this thread, excellent post man.

# 91 Jano @ 09/09/09 10:22 PM
Yea that was a great post by dat swag I agree with it 100%. And another great vid Czar can't wait to see episode 2 tomorrow.

# 92 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Why?

This thread is about Live...
Exactly. Did the score change with this video T?

# 93 stephensonmc @ 09/09/09 10:24 PM
just so you guys know, the gameplay looks choppy b/c it was in our instant replay mode (which is choppy at times)

# 94 stephensonmc @ 09/09/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
The technology isnt there yet to have real momentum and weight movements. I'm not an expert but if the user is jerking left and right you cant have the player not respond right? So naturally the instant turns will always be there until we hit virtual reality haha.
Ask Mike about big men player movement...

# 95 TreyIM2 @ 09/09/09 10:26 PM
Quote:
fficeffice" />>>
I think that apart of this is because we are mostly trying to stay away from 2K like that but there, of course, are always going to be statements of some sort that bring them up...

Not to really derail this forum but I responded to you because you have me even more curious, now. I've been on the fence all day about actually purchasing the DC because as of right now, I only have the DC demo for the PS3 and I really can't see a diff. from that to 2K9 but the demo is limited, very limited. U get to create your player then scrimmage and nothing else, and if you exit the game then come back, the player is NOT saved. Lol.

I think I'ma check it out, now, though, cuz the DC, while fun to play, is disappointing, overall, from a "nothing's changed nor been fixed to me, gameplay wise". Time to pony up those 5 bills. Peas.....

# 96 clivo1050 @ 09/09/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
just so you guys know, the gameplay looks choppy b/c it was in our instant replay mode (which is choppy at times)
Does the replay system run at 60FPS? or does it run at 30FPS and drop frames sometimes like last years madden?

# 97 TalenT @ 09/09/09 10:28 PM
"The net seems a'ight to me fellas"
LOL I love that part.

# 98 TMagic @ 09/09/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. Did the score change with this video T?
Na. I was planning on changing it after seeing Czars other vids and playing the Demo.

But if his other vids are as nice as this one, and with the demo coming out, expect Live to give 2K the same treatment that the Patriots gave opponents in their 07 season...No Mercy...Lol

# 99 HMcCoy @ 09/09/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
I hear you HMcCoy cause I shared those same concerns with previous versions. However, IMO, those transistions are the smoothest I've seen to date man. Since it has been mentioned that the replay mode makes movements slightly jerky. I'll know for sure once I get my hands on the demo...
Watched it a few more times, and it appears uneven but controllable. As in "I won't suddenly change direction like that, so it won't be a problem for me". I don't mind "issues" I can control. It looks great when the input is subtle...looks terrible when the input is erratic. Look at 1:54 to 2:00. Thats jerky as heck. Then again, the CP3 stuff and the D Rose penetration were SICK.

The more I watch it the more I like it, but imma base my hype on more than a nifty size-up mechanic. I'm pumped for the demo, tho...

# 100 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Great work as always Czar.

Wow oh wow that video has me hyped this year for Live.
What he said.

Brilliant job, man, and great job to EA on getting a nice dribbling system together. Can't wait to get my hands on it. This could be the real game changer right here. REAL control that allows our imaginations free.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.