Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

1up has posted their preview of NBA Live 10.

Quote:
"Post moves felt better as well; I had more control over the men in the paint. Getting into position for tip-ins, rebounds, and put-backs felt much easier than before -- even the Magic's Dwight Howard, who's still developing all-star post moves, performed better than I expected him to."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dantecamp21 @ 09/09/09 11:35 PM
Terrible preview...the didn't know what he was doing playing a NBA game...

# 2 Dantecamp21 @ 09/09/09 11:36 PM
"the guy who wrote it" I meant...

# 3 coachlenny @ 09/09/09 11:46 PM
that was disrespectful

# 4 FearlessKaz @ 09/09/09 11:47 PM
I'll be sure not to take this guys word for anything he just wrote, that preview was horrible. He seems out of his realm talking about a basketball game.(Probably why he slipped the Football reference in the beginning)

# 5 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 11:51 PM
This preview only helps to cement the belief that a lot of the mainstream gaming sites do not have sport gamers on their staff. Guys who review Gears of War 2 and Killzone use identical criteria to evaluate a sports game...

# 6 stephensonmc @ 09/09/09 11:57 PM
LOL -- WOW!!

# 7 P21J @ 09/10/09 12:09 AM
SMH...what a horrible preview

# 8 mikejs210 @ 09/10/09 12:14 AM
I guess most of you would only be satisfied if he said Live 10 was the best sports game ever.

# 9 Dantecamp21 @ 09/10/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
I guess most of you would only be satisfied if he said Live 10 was the best sports game ever.
C'mon guys, no one expected to hear: ok, Live is the greatest sports game ever! But at the same time, it's clear that the guy who wrote this preview didn't know what he was talking about...

# 10 Tha_Kid @ 09/10/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
We'd settle for him being qualified to make that statement.

# 11 iLLosophy @ 09/10/09 12:24 AM
Quote:
Their issue is dude was grading the game on superficial things, overlooking a lot of the realism that most people on this board look for - and the developers apparently put a lot of work into. It would be like if you built a house yourself, with marble countertops, oak cabinets, outdoor patio, etc - and you showed it off to people and all they could say is "Nice paint"

# 12 Dantecamp21 @ 09/10/09 12:26 AM
Marcus, any chance of the demo droping earlier? Like after midnight?

# 13 jfsolo @ 09/10/09 12:29 AM
The type of gamers who would go to 1UP to get info on a sports game are exactly like the previewer. So ironically his clueless, superficial takes are actually perfect for that site.

# 14 FearlessKaz @ 09/10/09 12:33 AM
Quote:
Not really.

The fact that this guy was so vague about everything he wrote doesn't say much for the preview. His gripes were that it was too easy to make clutch 3's with Fisher(Would be nice if he elaborated more on this, like what diff. was he playing on) and that players were too shiny. If any of these were meaningful complaints then I might actually cut the guy some slack, but he gets paid for this stuff--the least he could do is put a little more effort into it.

# 15 illwill 12 @ 09/10/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
No ALL OF IT is your poor skills. In fact I dont think you have ANY basketball skills whatsoever just by looking at you.

Proof and point ^

Wow is this review done by a person or robot? Seriously, this guy is running an operating system used for "sabotage".
That guy looks like he don't know a damn thing about basketball. He looks like a science teacher... He was talking about how fisher was hitting too many 3's. He was playing on rookie or pro and didn't even know it

# 16 Dantecamp21 @ 09/10/09 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this sounds like someone that has NBA 2k9 on pause while he was typing this.

I've bought NBA 2k the last 4 years but even i could see that the guy writing the article clearly is not a sports person, or at least basketball person. He sounds like someone that never played basketball or a basketball game in his life. He wrong a crappy article, it has nothing to do with this being a Live board and people not being happy unless everything written was good.

I think people dont have a problem with the criticism as long as its legit and the person knows what theyre talking about.
Very well said!

# 17 Tha_Kid @ 09/10/09 12:57 AM
Well both games go through this. The 2K forum (i've seen most names in this thread pop up over there as well) had a good discussion in a thread by Pared about the effect/weight of the previews written by people like this 1Up reviewer or the guy who wrote the 2K Draft Combine review at GamePro.

The downside of sim-gaming

# 18 rockchisler @ 09/10/09 01:00 AM
That guy looks like he plays Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons, Hes not qualified to to report sports games.

# 19 Nephilim @ 09/10/09 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
That guy looks like he plays Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons, Hes not qualified to to report sports games.
He does know something about the ball tho, he ate it.

# 20 dragon4thQ @ 09/10/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
He does know something about the ball tho, he ate it.

You can ask that age old question "How do my balls taste?"

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.