Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

As promised, here is another one of Czar's finest creations. NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2.

Quote:
"Big Czar is back from the great north and brings the Sim Nation all over the world a new shot about one his favorite things about NBA Live 10, Strategic Control."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TheKasmar @ 09/10/09 03:07 PM
23, What program do you use to make gifs? I'd like to make gifs of both games this year.

# 102 antoine79 @ 09/10/09 03:38 PM
Great vid Czar. Live actually looks like its worth something this year.

# 103 ronnieb @ 09/10/09 03:50 PM
this all ridnour vs williams thing means a lot to me and maybe for sports videogames in general,matchups not being incredibly affected by the level you play but by the way your team play in general, it s just new.
As an european i enjoy playing the demo of fifa 10 this afternnon i m very impressed (i play soccer games the way you guy play footbal ) seems like ea sports in general is really changing the way they approach sports gaming.
back on topic, this game seems unreal, as a 2K player for the past 5 years it feels frech and gameplay innovative.
locomotion, Improved AI (i mean wade and pierce isoing you is just great), off ball movement looks real and tight gameplay ...
Do you guys feel like this one could be special i mean ala NFL 2K5, NBA 2K7 or wining eleven 7?
cant wait for the demo

# 104 cam21224 @ 09/10/09 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Your efforts are duly noted and much appreciated brotha!

I'm more of a 2K dude myself but it looks as if Live has vastly improved and I'm eager 2 d/l the demo and check it out 1st hand. Basketball's my 1st love so if the game's good, I'll just be copping both.

Respect!
Same here.

Much respect to the Live devs and EA Sports in general.

Ya'll got that grove back from Ms.Stella, stepped it up big time, can't wait to play the demo.

# 105 RubenDouglas @ 09/10/09 04:27 PM
control control control. animations that dont OVERPOWER everything. the other guys had it a few years back and that was real fun. if live can bring that to the table and then MORE STUFF, itll be something special.

thanks

# 106 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/10/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
control control control. animations that dont OVERPOWER everything. the other guys had it a few years back and that was real fun. if live can bring that to the table and then MORE STUFF, itll be something special.

thanks
Exactly control is what live 10 has this year

# 107 NumberOneRB @ 09/10/09 05:51 PM
Really appreciate the videos Czar, great stuff. Its really amazing just how much this game has improved from last year. The animations and general movements look very smooth and I love the dribbling. Graphics look excellent, I can't imagine how much better they'll look on my HDTV!

# 108 trobinson97 @ 09/10/09 06:17 PM
That was a hot vid Czar. I gotta admit, Live is looking right this year. The fact that they got you boosting it with your vids helps a lot too. I gotta make sure not to get too caught up in Da Czarishness of it all but dag it's looking good. I'm actually kind of excited for Live. Good work man.

# 109 Parasight @ 09/10/09 08:30 PM
Everything sounds good, but I'm a little nervous about all this momentum/control in the user's hands could prove to be abusive. It's beginning to sound like defending your man with the ball is going to be too tough.

# 110 Bornindamecca @ 09/10/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
Everything sounds good, but I'm a little nervous about all this momentum/control in the user's hands could prove to be abusive. It's beginning to sound like defending your man with the ball is going to be too tough.
2 things--

1. We haven't seen a breakdown of how defense works, so let's not assume anything and see what we get tomorrow, and in the final release.

2. It should be pretty difficult to stay in front of Devin, Parker, Rose, Kobe, etc. The key is helping out on those guys. With the PGs, you have to funnel them towards the help and rotate, but Tony and Devin blow by their guys pretty regularly. It's about limiting the extreme blow-bys, and not letting it happen in an area where there is no help D. Pushing a PG towards a crowd actually works towards your advantage.

With the Kobe/Wade type guys, you simply cannot guard them 1-on-1. It doesn't work, it's never worked and it is the fast track to losing. If you look at the Boston/LA Finals, they had Kobe trapped on the strong side of the court with four people all game. The Denver series really broke down when Kobe forced them to consistently double team him after breaking down Dahntay and JR Smith play after play. So with these guys, you either choose to put height on them, and help out on penetration, or you put a fast defender on them and try to live with the jumper, and help out in the post.

The bigger issue is that the help defense is wired to suit a system where these players have their real life advantages in one-on-one matchups without us being subjected to "crossover/dunk" or "crossover/point in the paint" scenarios on a regular basis.

# 111 Wiffyjustus @ 09/10/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
back on topic, this game seems unreal, as a 2K player for the past 5 years it feels frech and gameplay innovative.
locomotion, Improved AI (i mean wade and pierce isoing you is just great), off ball movement looks real and tight gameplay ...
Do you guys feel like this one could be special i mean ala NFL 2K5, NBA 2K7 or wining eleven 7?
cant wait for the demo
Yes, I have that feeling, but only time will tell.

Right now it's got a lot of hype to live up to.

Czar's excitement adds credibility to the hype

One can only hope.

# 112 HMcCoy @ 09/10/09 11:16 PM
The defense in these VIDEOS looks meh. I will wait until the demo, then full release to call this a real issue, but IN THE VIDEOS...since we are talking about the videos...if it's OK to mention defense, and not just the magnificence that is Live10...the defense was questionable. In the first of Czars fav moments (1:15) , PP simply stopped defending Wade. Allen challenged his shot, while PP literally stood there and did absolutely nothing. Thats the Celtics defense, and I doubt the Czar had it on anything but All-star level. The other game had frustrating warping cheats to fix that, and I don't want to see that either...but letting Wade pullup for a score in the teeth of one the leagues top defenses...In the video...without his own man doing anything whatsoever, is bad juju.

In the video. Not the full version...in the video. Since we don't have the full version, talkin about the video. Want to be clear.

When Deron beat Ridenhour, the help defender went into a block animation from the left hash (2:45) Williams went with a right handed layup on the right side of the rim...and the help decided to swat at air at least 4 feet away from the play. In the video. That tells me that near defenders are programmed to jump and swat...not to defend the shot. But maybe the full version is different.

On Brons stepback, Lee was guarding Varejao, and may have been shading Bron (we don't know where Andy was...he looks like he cut to the basket off camera, so Lee may just have been following him)..but if so, that looked great. And on Brons drive, we finally see the lowly Knicks help defense actually tries to provide real help and swats at the same general area of the ball. The other two drives were poorly contested.

In the video. Maybe not be in the real game. Maybe Czar was playing an old build before defensive AI was tuned. I respect Czars comment at the end that thse may just be isolated instances based on the vids he captured.

We'll see very shortly...

# 113 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/10/09 11:35 PM
I'm so pumped up for this game to drop. I hope my spot that I got Madden gets this early also. The game looks so fluid and crisp. Demo comes out in a couple of hours.

One thing that I hope they have brought over from the NBA Academy is team practice and other drills. I loved being able to learn the skills and mechanics of the game. Hopefully the brought it over.

# 114 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/11/09 11:41 AM
im drooling

# 115 Jano @ 09/12/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
Czar

It's Darren Williams, not Dah-ron

deleted

Lol wow

# 116 jordankobewade7 @ 09/14/09 06:36 AM
u can say it either way man,its not like u knw him or anything...besides,y post sumthin like that?what r u like 12?get a life...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.