Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/11/09 07:39 AM
Damn I love the hanger. I'm starting to get ****ing busy with these moves.

# 82 tanner99 @ 09/11/09 07:42 AM
a-m-a-z-i-n-g

cant wait to play as the sixers in the full game.

# 83 rckabillyRaider @ 09/11/09 07:46 AM
What Ray said about not being able to stop and pop in the paint might be an issue. I haven't tried that yet but because of how the new shooting system works, I can see that would be a legit issue.

Overall, the game feels really good. The only negatives I've noticed so far is the super leaping, warping rebound animation and also a minor stat banner glitch. A stat banner popped up comparing the top scorers for each team and for Kobe it had his point total, FGM/FGA, and rebounds. The only problem is that the the rebound and FGM/FGA stats were flip-flopped. Under rebounds it had 2/3 and under FGM/FGA it had 0, even though I had already scored 6 pts.

# 84 weylum @ 09/11/09 07:47 AM
I really like how they give you a deep dribbling system, yet on all-star too much dribbling causes turnovers.

Dig the atmosphere a lot.

Gotta get rest but I'm anxious to delve into it more tomorrow.

# 85 RayDog253 @ 09/11/09 07:54 AM
To pull up in the paint while driving..... Just let off the left stick, it's that simple, and your momentum will cause you to gather your self before pulling up. Looks real nice.

Yeah so just let off the left stick then immediately hit X.... It's not that hard folks....

Trynna help, not trynna offend.

# 86 Tha_Kid @ 09/11/09 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop
I feel you on some things feeling like a chore, but how much of that is unfamiliarity?

For the Iso & Direct Pass, it seems you're either holding the button down instead of tapping or the button is getting stuck. Obviously Y is mapped to alleyoop (a bad bad control scheme imo but whatever) so thats going to happen if you're still pressing it after you call the iso. And if you hold let go of LT before the button of the receiver, you switch to that player, you have to release the button first to make the pass.

You can body up the ballhandler depending on the matchup. Devs said they removed the suction animation from last year and while i'd like to be able to body up more, what Live 09 had was not the answer. This doesn't seem like it either, but small sample size so far.

I found that provided you release the left stick at the right time, you can pull up for a short jumper/leaner/fadeaway just outside/inside the paint. I'd say practice that.

Disagree on the likenesses, music, etc but thats subjective. Lets discuss the demo rather then get defensive.

# 87 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 07:56 AM
how do you jab step? i couldnt figure it out from the blog....

# 88 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop

Not to mention the fact that I wasn't feeling the player likenesses at all-- don't look like themselves in the face IMO. The crowd is good, though... but I hated the music, ugh...

I had more fun in the hangar than in the actual 5-on-5 tbh.

Now go ahead. Flame me, make fun of me, all because I didn't enjoy the demo.
no need to flame man. you don't like it... No problem at least you have a viable option... if you have nothing else to do though keep playing as it may grow on you. There is def an adjustment period its nothing like playing live 09.

# 89 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
What Ray said about not being able to stop and pop in the paint might be an issue. I haven't tried that yet but because of how the new shooting system works, I can see that would be a legit issue.
dont you just need to stop pushing left stick forward before pressing the shot button ? I could be wrong and will try that but it MAY just be the timing of the buttons. I don't recall though so you guys very well may have it correct

# 90 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
To pull up in the paint while driving..... Just let off the left stick, it's that simple, and your momentum will cause you to gather your self before pulling up. Looks real nice.

Yeah so just let off the left stick then immediately hit X.... It's not that hard folks....

Trynna help, not trynna offend.
I thought that might be it also. its just like the difference between the going away from the basket 2 step gather and 1.2 step gather depend on if you stopped movement with the left stick before you shoot.

Game does have a learning curve gentlemen.... but once you get it you should be pretty comfortable with the controls...

# 91 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
how do you jab step? i couldnt figure it out from the blog....
just use right stick without dribble

# 92 rckabillyRaider @ 09/11/09 08:01 AM
^you might be right Czar. Gotta mess with it more after work.

# 93 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
just use right stick without dribble
da czar to the rescue.

the control scheme is going to need some getting used to. I am too programmed to use the right stick for shooting. I wish i knew some laker plays so i could generate that triangle offense

# 94 HoosierDaddy @ 09/11/09 08:08 AM
First of all, I'm jealous of you Xbox users right now. UGH! Secondly, I'm loving the feedback so far, I'm getting pretty excited to play this game. Lastly, the issue with the hyperspeed/rocketman dunks that a few mentioned in the hangar, etc.. Can't the devs just take out those dunks since it's a rarity to see anyways?? Wouldn't it be similar to them removing the windmill dunk a few of us mentioned in another thread and the devs acted like it wasn't a big deal to remove? Just throwing that out there...Can't wait for vids!!

# 95 poster @ 09/11/09 08:09 AM
Available control of the players is awesome, although there is a big learning curve. I need lots of practice.

Atmosphere is awesome, so are the graphics.

Liked seeing little overlays like 'Lakers 36-5' at home.

Love the new passing system, although it will take some time to get down pat.

CPU defense was stong which is good, dumb passes were picked off, even threw one away when Fisher tried to make a tough angled entry to Gasol.

Had a steal with Kobe and went coast to coast for a power jam, felt so good.

It will have flaws, but man this feels like basketball and sometimes these sports games do a poor job of representing what the sport is about. I think they did a great job here and that is what will keep me coming back for more. Will keep playing tonight after work.

# 96 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 08:15 AM
does anyone know what the quick iso play for both the magic and lakers? I want to be able to back down carter or kobe and take a sick fadeaway on a clear out.

# 97 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 08:20 AM
lets not get into a flamefest guys. Each user is entitled to their opinion as to the legitimacy of the chore-ness of the game.

In my first couple of games I was having trouble shooting a mid range because I would end up driving as well. However, I have been able to pop anytime I wanted.

It is a HUGE learning curve - especially if you are used to the other brand of NBA video games.

# 98 aholbert32 @ 09/11/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
why am i not suprised you had something negative to say. youve been talking trash about it for the last 3 weeks. Since you didnt like the demo now we shouldht hear a word from you. looks like everyting being a "chore" means its not pick up and play great like the competition. Learning curve to much for you

He is free to post his dislike of the game and/or demo as long as it is respectful.

# 99 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 08:22 AM
don't want to keep posting guys so just one last thing.. Think scalpel instead of broad sword... When you have a lot of control sometimes it takes awhile before you understand how to use everything.

So go basic... just play good fundamental basketball until you get to the point where you "need" to do more then work on that particular control.

There is def a learning curve but finally live does not give you everything on first play. meaning the more you play of course the more nagging things you will see. but you will also see more from the cpu AI. Live 10 unfolds so don't expect to be hit in the mouth but rather look forward to a 15 round brawl...

guys that have the demo know like i said its not perfect but it does do some great basketball things.

Have fun !! its very different than playing any of the other games available and as such it will take some time to adjust.

If my memory serves me correctly the final played smoother to me than the demo I'm playing now... I could be wrong but i really believe it did. of course could have been the teams/players i was using...

# 100 fsufan4423 @ 09/11/09 08:23 AM
The dunks and layups are so smooth, the way the ball interacts with the rim and nets is great.

No clunky sounds when the ball hits the rim. the spin moves and baseline drive are awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.