Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Game Informer has posted an interview with lead feature designer Erick Boenisch and lead gameplay producer Rob Jones, as they talk about NBA 2K10.

Quote:
GI: "The graphics have always been a standout feature of the 2K series. How are they changing this year?"

EB: "On the technical side we have a new player model this year. The biggest thing that you’ll notice—look at the player lighting on the guys. Go into an arena like Boston or Orlando and look at the lighting in the environment and how that lighting is affecting the players. You can see the specular maps on their faces and normal maps. They really stand out and look a lot more humanlike, where last year they were kind of dull, they didn’t have any shine on the skin. It’s not one of those things where you turn the game on and you’re immediately blown away, because I thought our graphics were really good last year, but we were just missing the human touch element to making the graphics look a little more realistic. We have a deal with Image Metrics this year—those are the guys who did the heads for Grand Theft Auto IV, our company has a relationship with them—so we brought them on board to do our facial expressions and kind of bring the players to life."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 youvalss @ 09/14/09 11:39 PM
So how do I perform a hop-step this year? Again, tapping the shot button? I really hope they changed it.

# 62 youvalss @ 09/14/09 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It was the Y button last year
Can you translate it to PS3 controls? All I know is that playing on my PC and using a PS2-controller, it was the Square button (shot button). Am I missing something here?

# 63 youvalss @ 09/14/09 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Triangle
I need to check it, but I know there is some weird stuff going with the controller on the PC. It's kind of mixing the buttons...

# 64 jmood88 @ 09/15/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Because I (like alot of people) want to play the demo before i purchase the full version. Having already had "the other game" demo available and it being a big improvement if you don't release one prior to release day it is just asking people to jump ship imo.

You have two games releasing on the same day, 1 has released a demo a month prior to release which you have enjoyed, the other hasn't released a demo at all yet. Which game are you gonna buy?

Hope that made sense.
I don't get why having the game on release day is so important if you need a demo to convince you to buy a game.

# 65 youvalss @ 09/15/09 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't get why having the game on release day is so important if you need a demo to convince you to buy a game.
It's like really really wanting to be with someone, but you can't tell her, you gotta act cool. So you pretend that you need to think about it...

# 66 trav402 @ 09/15/09 12:29 AM
Can someone post up the second half of the interview? The site is blocked here @ work.

# 67 Jonesy @ 09/15/09 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
It's like really really wanting to be with someone, but you can't tell her, you gotta act cool. So you pretend that you need to think about it...
In this day and age when demo's are the norm, what's wrong with wanting one before buying a game?

# 68 drewbaby1414 @ 09/15/09 01:29 AM
Part II

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/2...1532.07734.htm

If they money the association simulated stats this may be the year I give this game a near 10

Love the info about how all the stats are kept from the NBA from 1974

1974 is the year the NBA started tracking Blks, stls, off rbs and stuff...so that is why they probably start in 74

# 69 pilonv1 @ 09/15/09 01:54 AM
Restricted Free Agents and practice/in game saves make association amazing. Cannot wait.

# 70 NELL86 @ 09/15/09 12:59 PM
This sounds like the same crap from last year they better give me a demo or give me a reason why i should own two games they really dint say anything to impressive about gameplay

# 71 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/15/09 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
This sounds like the same crap from last year they better give me a demo or give me a reason why i should own two games they really dint say anything to impressive about gameplay
umm, what? have you learned how to read?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.