Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

NBA 2K10 cover athlete Kobe Bryant, has a message for Operation Sports.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TreyIM2 @ 09/16/09 11:43 AM
Like a few of the posts up here, I'm thinking, "Is this a joke??" and just shut up and give us some REAL gameplay footage or, better yet, A DEMO!!

I have to admit, 2K is upsetting me. I have said before that I have bought every 2K b-ball game since the first one except 2K7 and pretty much enjoyed them all (2K8 was just too ugly and upsetting for me to get into for my first "next gen" b-ball entry) but when 2K, at this point in time with a competitor who actually looks like they're taking vid game b-balling to a NEW level, continues to use smoke and mirrors and then resorts to this message from my dude, Kobe Bryant, it's very irritating.

They are losing me, this year, so far, and you can guess who is picking up my contract....maybe. Lol.

Bottom line, THIS IS LAME 2K. Ahem....

# 62 Eman5805 @ 09/16/09 11:44 AM
THE Operation Sports? Man, not only did he give a shoutout, but he put us above all the other Operation Sports out there.

Allsome.

Still can't stand Kobe though. >_>

# 63 chance @ 09/16/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Wouldn't it be some ish if Kobe was actualy AlexBrady

# 64 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ahem, LIAR ahem

"I know you guys are passionate about basketball AT THE OPERATION SPORTS"

I'm surprised this got to page 6 in this gush-fest before SOMEONE noticed this... jeez.

Quote:
I am surprised more athletes are not here. OS is the site to be. Always has been.
There's a good chance they are, but why would they want to trade in their one chance at anonymity? Plus from the way people here gush over dumb stuff I wouldn't want to reveal my identity either.

# 65 inkpimp007 @ 09/16/09 11:54 AM
Love Kobe but this has to be the biggest example of an advertisement FAIL!

Notice how he never says anything about actually playing the game, and guy come one do you really think Kobe plays 2K or Live.

# 66 inkpimp007 @ 09/16/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Best video I've ever seen on OS. I've been here since the beginning, feels great. Welp what Kobe says goes so, I mustn't question NBA 2k10 any more. Bring on the 6th!
Just wondering, do you really thing he speaking from his time playing the game or like HE said he's on the cover. LOL.

If thats all it takes to sell a 2K fan this series should be #1, LOL.

# 67 inkpimp007 @ 09/16/09 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Is this a joke, we get a video from Kobe addressing OS before we get a game play video!!!
Hey they make a solid basketball game but when it comes to marketing they ride the short bus.

# 68 pepp32 @ 09/16/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess
I've been visiting Operation Sports and Pasta Padre since 2006. This video finally confirmed to me that this is the best sports gaming site. The fact that 2k uses this site to hear what fans have to say and not just their own forums makes nba 2k the clear winner.

I've been rooting for LIVE since 2005 but only purchased 2k series because they've impressed me year after year.

This answers another question...Is Kobe better than Jordan? well from a business stand point: Yes. Jordan won't allow his likeness to be in any video game. NBA fans that play video games and grew up watching jordan want that more than any new control scheme or dynamic season option they can add. Sure I can create a custom Jordan but It never looks like him, I'll leave that to the professionals

So, New member with alot to say, I promise my other post won't be as long. I pre-ordered 2k10 nine hours ago after seeing the momentous trailer.
I understand that 2k has been a very competetive basketball sim and is very good a doing certain things that Live is not and vice verca. I'm a fan of both games and will be purchasing Live on PS3 and 2k10 on my 360. But pump your brakes! Kobe is great and I'm a fan of his game, but by no means is he the G.O.A.T, nor is he even close to touching what Jordan has done on and off the court!

Mike is everything Kobe hopes to be. Mike was revolutionary when came to marketing the professional athlete in general, not just basketball video games. Mike was a 6 time champion, 6 time Finals MVP, 5 Time MVP, 10 time scoring champ, Defensive player of the year......ect, ect. I could go on and and on. As far as video games you might be to young to remember Jordan vs. Bird or Lakers vs. Celtics, or Bulls vs. Blazers, Jordan was in all of those games and an endorser for Jordan vs. Bird....so in no way can Kobe touch Mike on any level...not yet at least, and never on a buisness level period!

Congrats to OS.....Kobe endorsing the site is off the chain.

# 69 mvb34 @ 09/16/09 12:03 PM
Kobe should have memorized his lines..

# 70 SageInfinite @ 09/16/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
Just wondering, do you really thing he speaking from his time playing the game or like HE said he's on the cover. LOL.

If thats all it takes to sell a 2K fan this series should be #1, LOL.
My post was mostly sarcastic although Kobe is my fav player. I really don't think he plays video games like that. Judging from the comments on this site though, it doesn't take much to sell NBA 2k.

# 71 inkpimp007 @ 09/16/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
damn.... nice catch.

# 72 23 @ 09/16/09 12:13 PM
lol man

He likely doesn't play the games nor does he read this site...

Best time to pick him for this and props to Steve and 2k for it

He just looked like they forced him to even say that much as if they asked him to admit Shaq was his daddy

# 73 inkpimp007 @ 09/16/09 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
lol man

He just looked like they forced him to even say that much as if they asked him to admit Shaq was his daddy
HAHAHAA... you so craaazzy

# 74 eDotd @ 09/16/09 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Wouldn't it be some ish if Kobe was actualy AlexBrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ahem, LIAR ahem

"I know you guys are passionate about basketball AT THE OPERATION SPORTS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
lol man

This thread is golden. lol @ The Operation Sports..you the man Kobe.

# 75 ai2k2 @ 09/16/09 12:36 PM
2k has always been good to OS since 2k3 or 4. Getting commercial love etc but this may be the biggest thing that has ever been done for the community.

# 76 pepp32 @ 09/16/09 12:36 PM
I mean if your gonna promote a basketball video game who better to use than the best player in the league on the best, most popular sportsgaming website on the planet!

# 77 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/09 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
Love Kobe but this has to be the biggest example of an advertisement FAIL!

Notice how he never says anything about actually playing the game, and guy come one do you really think Kobe plays 2K or Live.
Quote:
My post was mostly sarcastic although Kobe is my fav player. I really don't think he plays video games like that. Judging from the comments on this site though, it doesn't take much to sell NBA 2k.
He plays. Years ago...maybe around 2k6 or 2k7, I read an article where Corey Maggette was in some tournament with Kobe, involving other NBA players. Kobe won. He specifically mentioned 2k at the time. This was before he bought the PS3 for Kenny.

It was one of the first things that came to mind when they made him the cover guy.

# 78 23 @ 09/16/09 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
2k has always been good to OS since 2k3 or 4. Getting commercial love etc but this may be the biggest thing that has ever been done for the community.

There was nothing good about 2k4

2k10 might be a different story though

# 79 SageInfinite @ 09/16/09 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
He plays. Years ago...maybe around 2k6 or 2k7, I read an article where Corey Maggette was in some tournament with Kobe, involving other NBA players. Kobe won. He specifically mentioned 2k at the time. This was before he bought the PS3 for Kenny.

It was one of the first things that came to mind when they made him the cover guy.
Oh that's pretty kool then. Leave it up to Born to know that, lol. Always got the answers.

# 80 spree43 @ 09/16/09 12:42 PM
Well, if Kobe said it....It must be true??? Wait, wait, that's not right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.