Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

NBA 2K10 cover athlete Kobe Bryant, has a message for Operation Sports.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NINJAK2 @ 09/16/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ahem, LIAR ahem

"I know you guys are passionate about basketball AT THE OPERATION SPORTS"

That was ofcourse a play on the "THEE Ohio State University" saying as he was trying to symbolize that OS is the best sports gaming site around.

# 122 Aces15 @ 09/16/09 05:45 PM
Yeah it was a little corny, but you all know it was awesome. Can't imagine how Steve feels after this.

# 123 cam21224 @ 09/16/09 05:57 PM
Congrats, Steve & OS.

# 124 TreyIM2 @ 09/16/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Just made this for the LOLZ!
LMAO! Youz a fool, for real. Lol. Too funny.

sambowie - Since I can't quote your message because it got deleted (dunno why, though), the funny thing was that I got into some DC after my last post and controls were so unwieldy, at times, when trying to do my drills that many a time, I couldn't get the golds I was shooting for and worse. 2K10 gotta come with tighter controls, at least. They don't need to almost re-invent the wheel like Live has, just clean it up a bit.

# 125 sambowie @ 09/16/09 06:29 PM
"I couldn't get the golds I was shooting for and worse. 2K10 gotta come with tighter controls, at least. They don't need to almost re-invent the wheel like Live has, just clean it up a bit."

I just started a new player at PF for DC and the new post game is a b*tch. I prolly just need more practice but the controls couldn't be less intuitive.

# 126 s.gamernut20 @ 09/16/09 06:31 PM
Quote:
That is hilarious tears in eyes funny.
Kobe is cool to do that for OS regardless if he is getting paid or not. Looking forward to playing against him in my player mode with Harold Miner Jr. Jr.

OS is on the map. proud to be a member.

# 127 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/16/09 06:43 PM
Respect!

I half expected this to be followed by a new trailer or something, but still. A very proper shout-out. Good job getting the site some notice. I imagine Kobe plays sim.

# 128 HiTEqMETHOD @ 09/16/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
kobe, you suck.
LOL, kobe sucks...yeah right!

I'm definitely not a kobe fan but to say the guy sucks, wow....

# 129 bronco92 @ 09/16/09 06:45 PM
Guys, I don't know why you are saying Kobe got it wrong... we have always been "THE Operation Sports". Just look at the top of the page for proof.

# 130 23 @ 09/16/09 06:52 PM
I get it, you want to start a new trend

does that mean Steve_OS have to change his name to Steve_TheOS

# 131 bronco92 @ 09/16/09 06:55 PM
Yeah, he will be

# 132 NELL86 @ 09/16/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Nah, not just cuz of marketing. It just doesn't sound or look like 2K is doing anything to address the real probs of the game. The best thing I've heard was about the post game, which was an issue for me. My point is that they keep posting same ole - same ole in terms of trailers and the info they have divulged doesn't sound tantalizing, to me, then on top of it all, we have yet to get a demo. If the DC was indication of what to expect, this year, I'm not happy because I see a few of the things that were a prob still there.

That being said, after all the issues this game DOES have with animation laden coverup attempts, wouldn't u think 2K would wanna really fix those probs AND talk up fixing them IF they truly have especially after people have been complaining about many of the issues for years? That's where I'm going with all this. If the demo doesn't make it out by release and I am really digging Live 10, tomorrow, when the demo drops on the PSN, make no mistakes - I am NOT buying 2K10. And truth be told, Live 09 was close to getting my money over 2K9 after playing the demo but the lack of control responsiveness closed the door on that idea. Plus 2K9 finally looked good, player model wise. I did rock with Live 08 more than my 2K8.

Basically, their marketing is tiring to a grizzled 2K vet like myself and their lack of addressing the issues in light of what Live is doing is bothersome plus their lack of marketing is great for noobs, not me.
I feel you i was playing 2k9 earlier and there's so much wrong with that game if they dint address any of my concerns i will be playing live 10

# 133 boxboy99 @ 09/16/09 07:13 PM
Simply awesome to get a personal message from Kobe for OS. I am usually a big college hoops gamer, but no CH 10 and a spectaular NBA 2k10 = 1st day buy for me.

# 134 in mid air @ 09/16/09 07:15 PM
That is pretty awsome. congrats to OS, this site deserves it

# 135 eDotd @ 09/16/09 07:20 PM
As funny as it is, still cool to see him shout out OS. I know you shed a tear Steve...don't front.

# 136 theprocess @ 09/16/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
I understand that 2k has been a very competetive basketball sim and is very good a doing certain things that Live is not and vice verca. I'm a fan of both games and will be purchasing Live on PS3 and 2k10 on my 360. But pump your brakes! Kobe is great and I'm a fan of his game, but by no means is he the G.O.A.T, nor is he even close to touching what Jordan has done on and off the court!

Mike is everything Kobe hopes to be. Mike was revolutionary when came to marketing the professional athlete in general, not just basketball video games. Mike was a 6 time champion, 6 time Finals MVP, 5 Time MVP, 10 time scoring champ, Defensive player of the year......ect, ect. I could go on and and on. As far as video games you might be to young to remember Jordan vs. Bird or Lakers vs. Celtics, or Bulls vs. Blazers, Jordan was in all of those games and an endorser for Jordan vs. Bird....so in no way can Kobe touch Mike on any level...not yet at least, and never on a buisness level period!

Congrats to OS.....Kobe endorsing the site is off the chain.
I'm 32...Jordan vs. bird. Laker vs. celtics, tecmo nba. I've played all those games...I'd like to see jordan in a next gen nba game. All I'm saying is people now want to see Jordan in a game including me. I've grew watching jordan, bird and magic...I just think Kobe isn't as stuck up or egotistical as Jordan...see Jordan's Hall of fame speech for reference...the guy totally shrugged off his kids like they're pieces of meat. Jordan is still a the G.O.A.T. Kobe is top five...

Some one else here made valid point, Kobe isn't playing against Starks, Ehlo, or russel. Those guys sucked.

# 137 kennytomson @ 09/16/09 08:57 PM
i think it's a big deal becuase it shows that this site, and it's members opinion, matter to the developers. if they're coming here to sell games then this can only mean good things for future sport titles.

# 138 Jukeman @ 09/16/09 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
not to rain on anyones parade but theres absolutely zero chance kobe bryant ever even heard of "OperationSports" until the day they handed him the script to film that. with that said im not sure why this is such a big deal and getting more attention then gameplay videos

Its a video with the face of the NBA giving your site a shout out, who carez if It was scripted or not....Point is its a superstar athlete saying "operationsports" out of his mouth...On camera in a youtube world....This thread aint about 2k, its about OS.....

This would be a big deal if "Purple Soda" got a shout out from Kobe....On camera in a youtube world...

# 139 bball_1523 @ 09/16/09 09:15 PM
what if kobe made a shoutout to some of the specific posters in here?

# 140 ZoneBlitz @ 09/16/09 09:32 PM
Quote:
Awesome! Very funny!

At any rate, congratulations to Steve and everyone else here at OS. Great site.

By the way, how do you contribute to the site, and what are the benefits if any? Just wondering. Somebody PM me.

Can't wait until October 6th.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.