Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

NBA 2K10 cover athlete Kobe Bryant, has a message for Operation Sports.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 23 @ 09/16/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Awesome! Very funny!

At any rate, congratulations to Steve and everyone else here at OS. Great site.

By the way, how do you contribute to the site, and what are the benefits if any? Just wondering. Somebody PM me.

Can't wait until October 6th.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-sports.html

# 142 StankonYa @ 09/16/09 09:52 PM
I was hooked to this site the first time i layed my eyes on here. OS is the best if you ask me, unlike alot of sites to were you have 7 to 12 year olds acting a fool over nonsense. Now they're good for some information...... but mostly laughs. Even though i don't post a lot, i still checkout the forums and mostly everybody here knows what they are talking about..... which has helped me alot through out the years. PS. Kobe that was cool.... l hope your right because if not......they gonna let you have it, and not just laker haters neither.

# 143 bronco92 @ 09/16/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
not to rain on anyones parade but theres absolutely zero chance kobe bryant ever even heard of "OperationSports" until the day they handed him the script to film that. with that said im not sure why this is such a big deal and getting more attention then gameplay videos
Wrong. Kobe was at Steve's house and begged Steve to let him do a shout out. Let us know when Kobe mentions your website next and I'll be happy to make a big deal about it.

# 144 youvalss @ 09/16/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco92
Wrong. Kobe was at Steve's house and begged Steve to let him do a shout out. Let us know when Kobe mentions your website next and I'll be happy to make a big deal about it.
Do you guys live in LA?

# 145 pepp32 @ 09/16/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess
I'm 32...Jordan vs. bird. Laker vs. celtics, tecmo nba. I've played all those games...I'd like to see jordan in a next gen nba game. All I'm saying is people now want to see Jordan in a game including me. I've grew watching jordan, bird and magic...I just think Kobe isn't as stuck up or egotistical as Jordan...see Jordan's Hall of fame speech for reference...the guy totally shrugged off his kids like they're pieces of meat. Jordan is still a the G.O.A.T. Kobe is top five...

Some one else here made valid point, Kobe isn't playing against Starks, Ehlo, or russel. Those guys sucked.
Come on bro be serious! Kobe is an ego maniac! Must I bring up how he ran Shaq out of LA...or the whole trade me fiasco. As far as Mike's HOF speach he didn't throw his kids under the bus. I didnt interprate it that way at all. He loves his kids and was at every game for Marcus and Jeff and sponcered Whitney Young, the school Marcus led to a State Championship last year, with all their gear and sneakers and was very emotional while Marcus led his team in scoring to win the whole thing. Mike never won State in high school. I personaly, along with people who are from the Chi, have no problem with a word make said in his speech. He has been an great ambassador for the NBA for years. He's always been politicaly correct and been a model citizen during his time in the league. So to me he let it all hang out this time. He was due to speak his mind and let people know what time it was. I loved it and laughed through the whole thing. The man had sht to get off his chest and he did just that!

Who are we to say what he should or shouln't have said. He has done so much for the NBA they should change the logo to the Jumpman in my opinion. The man is 42 years old...he aint thinkin bout no damn videogames....are you kidding me! And to the point you tried to make about who he played along his career, bro you and I both know Mike had a legendary career! He beat out Magic, Drexler, Barkley, Stockton and Malone, The Glove (Payton), Rain Man(Kemp).....come on bro...all those dudes are Hall of Famers or will soon be. Starks, Ewing, Zeke(thomas), Dumars, Reggie Miller, Alonzo Mourning, Dekembe, Steve Smith, the Wilkens brothers, Bird, Shaq, Penny, Mark Price and them great Cleveland teams, and yes he handed Kobe some a few times also.....so dont sit up here and act like Mike won against bums!

He's earned the right to say what he wants, and shame on people who try to dictate how a man who was so instramental for the NBA and so dominant that he can't tell people why he was so motivated to be that dominant every single night. If thats how he wants to be remembered I'm cool with that and I got words for anyone who thinks other wise!

# 146 bronco92 @ 09/16/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Do you guys live in LA?
Sorry I was being sarcastic.

# 147 youvalss @ 09/16/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Ha, I was 90% sure you were. I guess I made myself a fool.

# 148 Hotobu @ 09/16/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Yeah if you didn't say anything I was going to put in the laugh track.

Did they get the camera used from Al Qaeda?

....I'm kidding of course... and I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.

# 149 Steve_OS @ 09/16/09 11:49 PM
We've renamed the website...

# 150 23 @ 09/17/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
i saw that

nice

# 151 Bornindamecca @ 09/17/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Brilliant.

# 152 Hotobu @ 09/17/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Chicken. Egg

Did you decide to rename the website and have Kobe say the new name, or did Kobe screw up and you just decide to go with it?

# 153 RayDog253 @ 09/17/09 04:54 AM
They both look good, but yeah, 2k is years ahead in facial animation.

# 154 RayDog253 @ 09/17/09 05:11 AM
I didn't know the guy with the cool Iron Man avatar was the owner. When was this site founded?

# 155 23 @ 09/17/09 12:51 PM
Thanks but the bottom line is, he's taking a break from the forums, now you guys can carry on all things 2k

# 156 DJ @ 09/17/09 01:36 PM
Steve, I had a good laugh when I saw the site re-named today.

Cool stuff that Kobe sent us a little shout-out, even if he did add a word onto the site's name

I'm loving the Live 10 demo but I've been a 2k guy for a while; I think this might be the year I wind up with 2 NBA games.

# 157 Da_Czar @ 09/17/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
CLASSIC !!!

# 158 no juice @ 09/18/09 10:47 AM
Kobe speaks

# 159 BIG CAROLINA @ 09/18/09 10:50 AM
I can't believe this thread is 19 pages long on this topic. I don't think that OS needs anything from Kobe (Especially reading a cue card) to show that OS is as strong as ever.

# 160 LingeringRegime @ 09/18/09 02:57 PM
It really shows how OS has become so influential in the last few years. For 2K to pay Kobe to say something about OS means this site has fully arrived. Maybe I will give 2K another chance this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.