Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on with NBA Live 10 Dynamic Season.

Quote:
"One of the standout features in NBA Live 09 is its Dynamic DNA system, which takes data based on the real-world performance of individual NBA players and integrates it into the game. This means that in-game players benefit (or suffer, in some cases) from the performance of their real-life counterparts over the course of the actual NBA season, so if Kobe Bryant changes up his game and posts up more, taking fewer outside jumpers, then the in-game Kobe reflects that change. It's an interesting feature and one that's begging for greater integration in the NBA Live series, which is exactly what EA Sports is doing with NBA Live 10 and the new Dynamic Season mode. But the impetus for creating Dynamic Season also stems from watching how people play NBA Live. "Dynasty modes have been a part of sports games for a long time. We've found there's a percentage of people who play Dynasty mode and focus on year one, or focus on keeping their team up with real life," says Garreth Reeder, producer on NBA Live 10. "Our goal was to create a connected, solo mode that used the daily DNA feature and would allow you to play along with the real NBA season with an up-to-date, daily roster."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jamin23 @ 09/17/09 09:24 PM
Looks like gamespot has the full version game.

# 2 bigeastbumrush @ 09/17/09 09:40 PM
That definitely looked like the final version of the game.

Great to see teams other than the Lakers/Magic

Looked really smooth and fluid.

Great find!

# 3 Jamin23 @ 09/17/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
That definitely looked like the final version of the game.

Great to see teams other than the Lakers/Magic

Great find!
I have been waiting to see other teams. I am waiting for more gameplay videos. 19 days is going to seem like an eternity.

# 4 Behindshadows @ 09/17/09 10:21 PM
Here are a few in game photos! Now do these really look like cartoon graphics to you guys!

# 5 GSW @ 09/17/09 10:25 PM
damn those pics are sick

# 6 navyboy09 @ 09/18/09 10:25 AM
This mode is gonna be too nice...can't wait to take my heat to the championship.

# 7 Mintsa @ 09/18/09 11:05 AM
Very nice.....I always wanted to be able to play my own season with my team but have all the other results mirror the real NBA season. Very nice !

One question....when the playoffs begin. LEts say in real life the Cavs (1 seed) are playing the Knicks (8th seed) does the result of this series play out whatever haapens in real life ???

# 8 CMH @ 09/18/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Very nice.....I always wanted to be able to play my own season with my team but have all the other results mirror the real NBA season. Very nice !

One question....when the playoffs begin. LEts say in real life the Cavs (1 seed) are playing the Knicks (8th seed) does the result of this series play out whatever haapens in real life ???
Unless I read the answer wrong, it seems like this is a no. The Playoffs are played at your own leisure, which would imply to me that results are not affected by the real NBA Calendar.

Though, you can play the playoff games and still have Dynamic DNA, but it would only be in exhibition.

# 9 RubenDouglas @ 09/18/09 11:27 AM
I like it alot. im usually one to just play exhibition games. so to play essentially exhibition games with a PURPOSE is GREAT to have.

on the other hand, I love the thought of true progression as you play games. If I take a 6th man and turn him into a starter with starters numbers, he may never increase in ratings, unless that happens in real life... Its a mental block that im having now with this feature. If I take kobe and do terrible with him in the games I play as the lakers, and in real life hes doing GREAT, what reality am I looking at? You almost have to question why you play the games to begin with. Maybe franchise mode is ultimately where I need to be.

This feature goes against a bunch of logic. KOBE may get hurt in my game, and in real life hes just fine. so game 2 comes along and kobes okay since hes okay in real life? BUT I JUST SAW HIM GET HURT.. I SEE THESE GUYS doing BAD and they are improving?

i guess you throw alot of that logic out and enjoy?

# 10 23 @ 09/18/09 11:32 AM
The updates keep up with real life so your kobe wont be out the next game because of the constant RL updates.

# 11 CMH @ 09/18/09 11:44 AM
I think he means that Kobe suffered a serious injury in his played game but will be fine the next day because he's fine in real life.

The producers confirmed that players won't suffer major injuries during Dynamic Season Games.

# 12 DJ @ 09/18/09 12:12 PM
My question is, once you play through the 09-10 season, can you go back and play through the season again as another team? Curious if the DNA and scores, stats, etc. save to your HDD.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 09/18/09 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Looks like gamespot has the full version game.
Which means...Someone should have his copy...very soon...

# 14 Mintsa @ 09/18/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Which means...Someone should have his copy...very soon...
AHHHHHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAMN !!!!!!!!!!

LOL

# 15 Quock @ 09/18/09 12:56 PM
My question is if Kobe goes off for 50 points in real life, then you play your game on Live 10, will he still score the 50 points or, is it possible for you to hold him to 25 or something?

# 16 Stumbleweed @ 09/18/09 01:02 PM
He won't automatically score 50 because he did IRL if you play the game yourself, but he will be on a hot streak and attacking from the areas he did in the real game (if the Lakers are CPU) because the DNA data from that game is what you're using.

# 17 shindiana @ 09/18/09 01:12 PM
The crowd reaction is superb.

# 18 Pared @ 09/18/09 01:15 PM
Can't wait to to try this... I've asked for a mode like this FOREVER.

I wonder how the stats will be kept. I'd love to make sure I win an award properly.

# 19 brs2305 @ 09/18/09 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
He won't automatically score 50 because he did IRL if you play the game yourself, but he will be on a hot streak and attacking from the areas he did in the real game (if the Lakers are CPU) because the DNA data from that game is what you're using.
Probably not the DNA from that exact game, but rather the DNA of the current day of the Season, since you can play today's games meaning, that these games are still to be played IRL if they are at night i.e.. But that's just a guess...

# 20 Stumbleweed @ 09/18/09 01:26 PM
Well with Rewind games last year, it was DNA from that particular game... don't know if they would change that. I mean yeah, it's collective over the season as far as ratings/tendencies, but the attack from that particular game for each player was shown in Live 09 (with the DNA %s) as well as the hot streaks that anyone was on. So in this case, you'd see Kobe on a hot streak and if he shot a bunch of threes, that would be reflected in how the CPU attacks as Kobe.

That's my take on things based on what I know from last year and what's been pieced together from this year.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.