Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on with NBA Live 10 Dynamic Season.

Quote:
"One of the standout features in NBA Live 09 is its Dynamic DNA system, which takes data based on the real-world performance of individual NBA players and integrates it into the game. This means that in-game players benefit (or suffer, in some cases) from the performance of their real-life counterparts over the course of the actual NBA season, so if Kobe Bryant changes up his game and posts up more, taking fewer outside jumpers, then the in-game Kobe reflects that change. It's an interesting feature and one that's begging for greater integration in the NBA Live series, which is exactly what EA Sports is doing with NBA Live 10 and the new Dynamic Season mode. But the impetus for creating Dynamic Season also stems from watching how people play NBA Live. "Dynasty modes have been a part of sports games for a long time. We've found there's a percentage of people who play Dynasty mode and focus on year one, or focus on keeping their team up with real life," says Garreth Reeder, producer on NBA Live 10. "Our goal was to create a connected, solo mode that used the daily DNA feature and would allow you to play along with the real NBA season with an up-to-date, daily roster."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RubenDouglas @ 09/18/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The updates keep up with real life so your kobe wont be out the next game because of the constant RL updates.
good to know regarding injuries. thanks for that.

i still have questions about over achieving or under achieving players that I play with. I may pull down 20 rpg with Marc Gasol and those played games are creating new DNA data, right? SO If I take a day off with the grizzlies, all that data is lost as the game reflects real life, where he gets only 6rpg.

its a thin line, but why play games, if the results arent truly reflected in the game?

lets say I take the warriors and curry scores 25ppg in my games played with GSW. in RL, he is on the bench scoring 12. I never once have a chance for that potential and his ratings to increase due to ACTUAL games that I have played. Where is the incentive? It can also work in the other direction. Lets say SHAQ in my games played does NOTHING. in RL, he's an ALL STAR. Having played 90% of the cavs games that season, I'm not seeing an AS reflected back to me when I see shaq here.. If playoffs take into account the games played, why dont some stats and ratings?

Dynasty/Franchise mode covers all this and Im sure i'll like what this mode has to offer, but I' get like this when im interested in something... questions galore,

# 22 CMH @ 09/18/09 02:38 PM
You're asking for Dynasty features.

Guys using this mode aren't looking to have Stephen Curry improve because of how they play with him. They want Stephen Curry to improve based on his real life performances.

# 23 RubenDouglas @ 09/18/09 02:42 PM
I understand that. but I still can't grasp the concept of working and playing for no reward. Am I missing something?

to me, its saying, I can play with the spurs, do terrible for 20 straight PLAYED games, only for tim duncan to continually be rated high or HIGHER, as he performs well in RL.

how is this meshing of real and fake, any closer to the realism we strive for?

I'll definetly be floating from game to game and team to team since I know im not having any effect whatso ever on player ratings.

i just feel this mode isnt for those wanting to stick with their favorite team. my rule from day 1... one game a week per TEAM.

# 24 Stumbleweed @ 09/18/09 02:49 PM
Well you could play with one team and make a backup the leading scorer in the league if you can beat Kobe/Wade/Durant or whoever is at the top IRL. It's not improving your ratings or updating the DNA based on your play or anything, but your play affects both the game outcomes as well as the end of season awards and storylines.

# 25 CMH @ 09/18/09 02:50 PM
You get it and I think you're trying to make it deeper than people want it to be.

I can speak for myself. I just like playing with any team in exhibition mode. It's always been my favorite thing to do. Now, I can play "exhibition mode" in a season umbrella that takes into account real performances and flashes in-season stat overlays as they appear in real life (or for the most part as some stats will change if you have affected the outcome of a previous game).

If I have a bad game with LeBron James, then I have a bad game with him. It's one game to me. I just enjoyed playing that Cavs. vs. Celtics game that was on tv. I'm not looking to have guys affected by own performance. I'm just playing.

So, yea, there is no statistical reward. There's just enjoyment. That's my rewarding experience.

# 26 RubenDouglas @ 09/18/09 02:57 PM
well stats can be reflected, so thats cool. It's just a mindset I'll have to overcome.

for me, its very intriguing because for the past 5-6 years I have not completed a year in franchise mode, let alone through to the AS break. I always reverted back to exhibition mode games where key weekly or nightly matchups, I tried my best to emulate or even play along with. franchise mode died quickly for me as the season progressed and a bunch of wackiness occurs that throws you off.. essentially that same wackiness IM TRYING TO CREATE HERE. lol. Its a real catch 22 for me.

old habits will be thrown out. I just had to air out my initial concerns. stage 1 is complete.

# 27 23 @ 09/18/09 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I understand that. but I still can't grasp the concept of working and playing for no reward. Am I missing something?

to me, its saying, I can play with the spurs, do terrible for 20 straight PLAYED games, only for tim duncan to continually be rated high or HIGHER, as he performs well in RL.

how is this meshing of real and fake, any closer to the realism we strive for?

I'll definetly be floating from game to game and team to team since I know im not having any effect whatso ever on player ratings.

i just feel this mode isnt for those wanting to stick with their favorite team. my rule from day 1... one game a week per TEAM.

The blog comes out later today then you can get all of your questions answered when iminurbase comes in

# 28 LB23 @ 09/18/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Here are a few in game photos! Now do these really look like cartoon graphics to you guys!

UH,YEAH...

# 29 POOPEH @ 09/18/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
"There are people who really like to be the GM, do drafts, sim ahead, and do all of these things," he adds. "But there's a huge part of our consumer base that are solely focused on the real NBA season. They're either following their team or just the NBA in general. That's who we're targeting with this mode."
Does this mean they've removed regular dynasty mode? Do you have to have Online to play it? I dont have online, but this seems like a feature you'd need online for. I'd be mad if after waiting all year for this game/supporting Live for years, I end up not getting it because they took out Dynasty.

# 30 iminurbase @ 09/18/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by POOPEH
Does this mean they've removed regular dynasty mode? Do you have to have Online to play it? I dont have online, but this seems like a feature you'd need online for. I'd be mad if after waiting all year for this game/supporting Live for years, I end up not getting it because they took out Dynasty.
Of course we still have Dynasty.

You do need online (at least silver) to use Dynamic Season.

# 31 P21J @ 09/18/09 07:32 PM
Did any one notice that the players are less shiny in this video?
It makes me wonder if the shiny players in the demo were just a demo bug.
Anyways, I'll definitely be putting 60 bucks down for this game.
The video and the article have me sold!

# 32 Jano @ 09/18/09 07:36 PM
The "shiny" players are due to different lighting in each arena. The hangar has natural light pouring in so thats why they look a lot brighter then in an arena.

Same thing for the vid the Lighting in the Q is probably different from the one found in the Magic home arena.

# 33 RayDog253 @ 09/18/09 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag

I'M OUT!
lol, You should make that your sig.......or do they allow it?

# 34 inkpimp007 @ 09/18/09 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
good to know regarding injuries. thanks for that.

i still have questions about over achieving or under achieving players that I play with. I may pull down 20 rpg with Marc Gasol and those played games are creating new DNA data, right? SO If I take a day off with the grizzlies, all that data is lost as the game reflects real life, where he gets only 6rpg.

its a thin line, but why play games, if the results arent truly reflected in the game?

lets say I take the warriors and curry scores 25ppg in my games played with GSW. in RL, he is on the bench scoring 12. I never once have a chance for that potential and his ratings to increase due to ACTUAL games that I have played. Where is the incentive? It can also work in the other direction. Lets say SHAQ in my games played does NOTHING. in RL, he's an ALL STAR. Having played 90% of the cavs games that season, I'm not seeing an AS reflected back to me when I see shaq here.. If playoffs take into account the games played, why dont some stats and ratings?

Dynasty/Franchise mode covers all this and Im sure i'll like what this mode has to offer, but I' get like this when im interested in something... questions galore,
You aren't creating new DNA Data. The DNA Data is just the engine so to speak, you have to steer the car, get what I'm saying. The DNA data is coming from real life, so I take it as it would be driven by the most current performances (since dna has to be collected from some where).

I really like this mode because DNA means nothing unless you understand how to take advantage of it.

I think you're kind of missing the point of the mode a bit. The good thing is you can still play dynasty mode. I think Dynamic season will be a hit with the die hard sim head like myself. I'm not so much driven by dynasty mode anymore the one season anyway, I like the realism of dynamic season.

At any rate they got you covered with the two modes, no what i mean.

# 35 YoungG @ 09/19/09 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
lol, You should make that your sig.......or do they allow it?
LMAO i so agree, that picture is hilarious

# 36 ahorton100 @ 09/21/09 04:18 PM
Will this game allow multiple players to play in dynasty mode? If not, Dynasty mode is a real big disappointment. NBA Live has allowed multiple owners in dynasty mode in the past........this seems not to be a lot to ask.....Madden does it....Why not NBA Live?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.