Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted another NBA Developer Insights, this one covering NBA 2K10 defensive gameplay.

Quote:
"Double teams also received a complete re-write from last year. The mechanic itself has improved in order to give the user a more interactive approach. As you remember in 2K9, once the double team was initiated, it seemed like a full feature movie played out until a particular resolution was achieved. This year, we re-worked the mechanic to have completely independent and controllable actors within the double team animations, so that each controlled player can request a particular action independently of what the other player is doing. Last year, this was just a timing issue; but now, a steal attempt happens when you request it and not just when the code decides to resolve to one. All in all, the game now provides a much better experience in terms of response to being in a double team. As an offensive player, you can counter by dribbling out, splitting, passing and shooting. Some of these resolutions were available before, but never with the involvement we’ve added to it this year. Double teams can also be canceled, so you can fake the call and then send the defender back to his man by just hitting the DT button again (LB on Xbox 360, L1 on PS3)."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 noshun @ 09/23/09 07:41 PM
Thanks for the link. Reading now.

# 2 chrisc50 @ 09/23/09 07:42 PM
Nice find, wish they had vids

# 3 JSapida @ 09/23/09 07:44 PM
We've got gameplay videos coming real soon.

# 4 RubenDouglas @ 09/23/09 07:47 PM
Thanks JSapida

# 5 Rocboyz101 @ 09/23/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
Good lookin. Gotta show this in action man. Would be greatly appreciated.

# 6 Goffs @ 09/23/09 07:48 PM
Off to read!

Some strange reason whenever I see your name I see it as Jspida..

# 7 ffaacc03 @ 09/23/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
Is this kind of attention that I do appreciate from you guys, really ... thanks for inmediatly keep in touch with your OS comrades, bro ... the article was up just a few minutes ago ...

Extremly excited with the article but even more with your statement about gameplay videos ...

# 8 tanner99 @ 09/23/09 07:51 PM
sounds good

liking it so far.

# 9 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/23/09 07:51 PM
"Defense still hasn't been addressed in 2K10. There absolutely ZERO defense in this game."

Already pre-typed to save the folks who were planning on typing this the hassle from having to type it themselves. You can thank me later

# 10 XenoZograscope @ 09/23/09 07:56 PM
Having the ability to split/shoot out the double-team now hmmm I wonder how sucessful this will play out in 2K10.

# 11 RubenDouglas @ 09/23/09 07:59 PM
Help defense has got to be one of the hardest things to get right. Last years game had it to where a CPU teammate on your team would leave the man closest to the basket in favor of guarding the man thats open. they saw" open man on perimeter... MUST GET TO HIM." without any true thought that you just left kobe bryant wide open near the basket. Talk about a delicate balance.

Quote:
Passes like these should be very risky since the receiver is usually in heavy traffic. Defenders are now smarter in tipping or stealing this type of pass.
YES! youve told me almost everything I wanted to here.

Hype Meter is at a 8 right now and rising

# 12 ffaacc03 @ 09/23/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
"Defense still hasn't been addressed in 2K10. There absolutely ZERO defense in this game."

Already pre-typed to save the folks who were planning on typing this the hassle from having to type it themselves. You can thank me later
If the draft combine and the few gameplay videos are taken into account (apart from what this official article has stated and from Aaron & Chase impressions) ... They already have ...

... Thus, we would have to wait to experience into what extend ... Believe me, you will thank me later ... better, you will thank them later !

# 13 akiracy @ 09/23/09 08:02 PM
Good read. Sounds like the shading bar of lock down d is gone which is good, because moving from 1 area (to shade) to another was a robotic transition.

Quote:
Double teams can also be canceled, so you can fake the call and then send the defender back to his man by just hitting the DT button again (LB on Xbox 360, L1 on PS3).
Does this mean you can step out of the double team sequence anytime you want? or only being able to fake a double team by calling a teammate running over, then back to his man?

# 14 Tully @ 09/23/09 08:04 PM
Of course no video. Man 2k is lucky they have a loyal fan base.

# 15 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/23/09 08:04 PM
Derek Fisher is a great onball defender? The Lakers get killed by the pick ad roll unless they trap it which they do well. Fisher is a great team defender. He uses help well.

On the good front this read like it was a direct responce to my CH 2k8 comparison vid.

# 16 Rockafella2x @ 09/23/09 08:06 PM
cool more contact shots down low

# 17 Jano @ 09/23/09 08:08 PM
Great read now I want to see it with my own eyes.

# 18 NumberOneRB @ 09/23/09 08:09 PM
Very impressed with that article. Good read and I'm looking forward to seeing this game in action. Every time I read these insights, it seems to invalidate what I saw in that Lakers/Cavs video. I don't know what build that game was, but maybe we truly will see a more night and day appearance animation-wise compared to 2K9? In the last preview, the developer reiterated that they captured 9,000 animations for this game, so I'm hoping that should mean 2K10 should animate a LOT differently (in a good way) compared to last year.

# 19 akiracy @ 09/23/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apologize
2k fan base is getting slimmer bye the minute..I can tell u that..I for one..2k needs to step up off this 2k8 gameplay ..Few minor upgrades with the same game as 2k9..Get Real..Demo better show me something or I am getting Live for the first time..
You left out your opening sentence, "i've been a 2k fan since ........."

# 20 Rocboyz101 @ 09/23/09 08:13 PM
That sounded REALLLY good. Gotta see it to believe it.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.