Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted another NBA Developer Insights, this one covering NBA 2K10 defensive gameplay.

Quote:
"Double teams also received a complete re-write from last year. The mechanic itself has improved in order to give the user a more interactive approach. As you remember in 2K9, once the double team was initiated, it seemed like a full feature movie played out until a particular resolution was achieved. This year, we re-worked the mechanic to have completely independent and controllable actors within the double team animations, so that each controlled player can request a particular action independently of what the other player is doing. Last year, this was just a timing issue; but now, a steal attempt happens when you request it and not just when the code decides to resolve to one. All in all, the game now provides a much better experience in terms of response to being in a double team. As an offensive player, you can counter by dribbling out, splitting, passing and shooting. Some of these resolutions were available before, but never with the involvement we’ve added to it this year. Double teams can also be canceled, so you can fake the call and then send the defender back to his man by just hitting the DT button again (LB on Xbox 360, L1 on PS3)."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CoHouse2814 @ 09/23/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Yeah this is something that should have been implemented a long time ago..
we have to be playing two different games cause you can challenge shot without hitting the block button. if you close enough to the offensive player and tries to shot over you he put his hands up on his face. its automatic, and sometimes doesnt work but the implementation is there

# 62 rrenn001 @ 09/23/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
You could do this in 2K7. I doesn't happen often but it definitely isn't anything new
NBA 2k8 was the official year I said no to LIVE and converted to 2K....I'm a much happier guy now. I keep hearing about how good 2k7 was, but I just missed out. As for the D in the Combine...If scrubs played decent D then I can't wait for the pros to lock down...

# 63 DC @ 09/23/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
we have to be playing two different games cause you can challenge shot without hitting the block button. if you close enough to the offensive player and tries to shot over you he put his hands up on his face. its automatic, and sometimes doesnt work but the implementation is there
Again, we need a MANUAL way to challenge shots without jumping.

# 64 Rocboyz101 @ 09/23/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Ya know, me and you think alike...

# 65 aholbert32 @ 09/23/09 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC

Cant you put your hands up by using the right stick in the combine?

# 66 DC @ 09/23/09 09:51 PM
Man that right stick put your hands up mess doesn't work Ahol.

It is just a cosmetic thing. It doesn't challenge a shot

# 67 videobastard @ 09/23/09 09:51 PM
Good read, these b ball games definitely need improved defense. But enough with the talking and start speaking with action already.

# 68 rrenn001 @ 09/23/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just mentioned you could 12 or so posts ago...I got the block without jumping and it was beautiful, but you can't move while putting your hands up...

# 69 CoHouse2814 @ 09/23/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
guess they want with one hand instead of two....lol. hilarious forums sometimes. somehow features dont get used so they are not there and ask it get put in there when its already been there for years

# 70 magicman32 @ 09/23/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
It's in 2k9. Contesting is fine in 2k9. There are other issues on defense and contesting isn't one of them. Link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxy7PXZIb0

You can also use the hands up method.

# 71 tanner99 @ 09/23/09 09:54 PM
the videos will probably come out the same time as the demo

# 72 DC @ 09/23/09 09:55 PM
Man I know about that. That isn't accurate and it doesn't work on command.

We need a MANUAL way to challenge shots without jumping at the shooter. I don't understand why this is too much to ask for.

# 73 Rocboyz101 @ 09/23/09 09:56 PM
Yeah the hands up thing is like telling your dude to drive by you..it hardly affects the shot that much either. Contesting more then likely will be improved for 2k10 though.

# 74 magicman32 @ 09/23/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Man I know about that. That isn't accurate and it doesn't work on command.

We need a MANUAL way to challenge shots without jumping at the shooter. I don't understand why this is too much to ask for.
contesting shots is not a problem in 2k9. We must be playing 2 different games.

# 75 DC @ 09/23/09 09:58 PM
Yea we must be playing two different games then.

How about you hop online and challenge my shots on command

# 76 magicman32 @ 09/23/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea we must be playing two different games then.

How about you hop online and challenge my shots on command
I guess that's the problem. You are right we are playing 2 different games then. I don't play online buddy. Lag may be effecting your defense. Not much you can do about playing over the network. And sometimes being out of position will effect the manual contest. But Online...NO THANKS!!!! Like I said contesting in 2k9 is fine. Under the basket defense...NOT FINE. Good day sir.

# 77 DC @ 09/23/09 10:08 PM
So because I asked you to get online, that just means I don't play offline? Come on now. THAT is the problem right? You are seriously reaching

It doesn't work on command ON or OFFLINE.

Contesting in 2K9 is NOT fine. You can NOT do it on command whenever you want. It is sporadic.

# 78 DC @ 09/23/09 10:18 PM
And it would be nice if we could have our collision detection slider back that was stolen from us for whatever reason

# 79 DC @ 09/23/09 10:27 PM
Ok don't produce a game then. Simple solution

# 80 TombSong @ 09/23/09 10:28 PM
One thing I have noticed in the combine that I did not see anyone talk about is when you are on defense, if you pull the right stick down and you are in the vicinity of the man you are guarding, the player you are controlling will body up on the man you are guarding.

Once contact is made, you dont have to keep following the man you are guarding manually. He will auto body up till the man he is guarding trys to get away. I LOVE the way this works. Good stuff.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.