Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has just posted another NBA Developer Insights, this one covering NBA 2K10 defensive gameplay.

Quote:
"Double teams also received a complete re-write from last year. The mechanic itself has improved in order to give the user a more interactive approach. As you remember in 2K9, once the double team was initiated, it seemed like a full feature movie played out until a particular resolution was achieved. This year, we re-worked the mechanic to have completely independent and controllable actors within the double team animations, so that each controlled player can request a particular action independently of what the other player is doing. Last year, this was just a timing issue; but now, a steal attempt happens when you request it and not just when the code decides to resolve to one. All in all, the game now provides a much better experience in terms of response to being in a double team. As an offensive player, you can counter by dribbling out, splitting, passing and shooting. Some of these resolutions were available before, but never with the involvement we’ve added to it this year. Double teams can also be canceled, so you can fake the call and then send the defender back to his man by just hitting the DT button again (LB on Xbox 360, L1 on PS3)."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RayDog253 @ 09/24/09 02:01 AM
Great Insight, getting real excited for Oct. 6th.

# 102 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/24/09 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Man I know about that. That isn't accurate and it doesn't work on command.

We need a MANUAL way to challenge shots without jumping at the shooter. I don't understand why this is too much to ask for.
I'm with you. Man that video doesnt work online for a whole host of reasons and offline it doesnt trigger everytime either. We need something that happens on command like the steal button and something that will reduce a three point shot to the point where you cant take a decent three point shooter and live off of pump fakes.

# 103 Bornindamecca @ 09/24/09 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Can we finally challenge a shot without jumping is the question
I agree but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Lock on does NOT challenge the shot every single time.
yeah it does. If you're in position, it works every single time. Once I figured out the space and timing of this, defense got way easier in 2k9. I still wouldn't mind a Y button or R-stick solution, but the lock on D challenges whenever you're in position.

Insight sounds good. Can't wait to see it in action.

# 104 Remarqable-1 @ 09/24/09 04:37 AM
This is of the topic but here is new video trailer. Check it out.

http://2ksports.com

# 105 ocat @ 09/24/09 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remarqable-1

http://2ksports.com
Not really new, that momentous trailer #3. There's a whole other thread for discussion on that

# 106 Remarqable-1 @ 09/24/09 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Not really new, that momentous trailer #3. There's a whole other thread for discussion on that
where is the thread?????

# 107 ocat @ 09/24/09 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remarqable-1
where is the thread?????
The thread with the title "New Momentous Trailer", not hard to miss

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...9-24-09-a.html

# 108 Peninc @ 09/24/09 11:35 AM
This article was the perfect read. It seems everything I had a problem with in 2k9 has been addressed and special emphasis has been made to get these aspects of the game right. One can only wait and see if what they say is what I play.

# 109 elprez98 @ 09/24/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Help defense has got to be one of the hardest things to get right. Last years game had it to where a CPU teammate on your team would leave the man closest to the basket in favor of guarding the man thats open. they saw" open man on perimeter... MUST GET TO HIM." without any true thought that you just left kobe bryant wide open near the basket. Talk about a delicate balance.

YES! youve told me almost everything I wanted to here.

Hype Meter is at a 8 right now and rising
Cosign.

# 110 VDusen04 @ 09/24/09 11:50 AM
I remember reading about the custom gaits of Shaq, Nene, and Yao but I cannot look back at the article at this moment for reference. My question is, will other bigs have altered running and moving form as well (sluggish fellers like Jerome James as well as medium movers like Mehmet Okur and swiftish-for-a-big-guy like Jason Maxiell)? Or, after the customs, will most of it be based on a players' speed rating?

# 111 Pared @ 09/24/09 12:10 PM
Give me my defense, baby! This was a great read. Love all the (apparent) on-ball defensive options.

# 112 Remarqable-1 @ 09/24/09 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
New Momentous Trailer (09/24/09)posted at 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM

09/24/09 08:37 AM
dang i think u r over reacting.

# 113 NELL86 @ 09/24/09 03:20 PM
Man now im excited and after watchin that new trailer im past excited im ready for Oct 6

# 114 NINJAK2 @ 09/24/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
ive played against some skilled players that can contest shots easily while playing on ball defense. Its a skill that not everyone can do and it takes ALOT of practice . I was forced to learn this in 2k7 and it works great and easier in 2k9. The key is knowing your oppenents players shot releases and looking for little animations they do before their feet leave the ground. Its a skill that only great on ball defenders possess. From playing the DC it works even better in the paint during post moves. Play the ALL AMERICAN TRAINING in CH2k8 it will let you practice contesting shots all day.

looks as though people that are excellent at on ball D and shot contest timing will dominate this game
co-sign Teebone. There were some great on ball contesters on line in 2k9. I met my fair share of them.

# 115 HMcCoy @ 09/28/09 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Lock on does NOT challenge the shot every single time.
I went in and practiced this the other night. I'm able to get the hand in the face contest to fire off pretty consistently, but you are right, its tough to get it to fire "every single time".

You have to be in perfect "locked-in close" (you know how there are three locked on distances?), and its damn hard to get into that position on the fly.

Like Born mentioned, it can be done regularly, but the system is VERY picky with the spacing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.