Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 carnalnirvana @ 09/24/09 06:50 AM
well,

my area of interest was the man coverage the AFL mode wont be touched by me, so i dont have impressions about that

the man coverage:

they did fix the bump and run BUT that was it IMO for the positive fixes...

a LB for example if the TE ran an inside post 2 times the LB would back peddle and get beaten on the cut inside probably give up a catch the third time the LB will off the snap turn and run down field and some how swat the ball down while running( jogging) facing the opposite direction

NOW THIS IS NOT NEW but to really fix this have the LB jam the dude rough him up get a penalty something that obeys the laws of humanity( i hate the word realism on the boards).

same for DB's why are these dudes still back peddling for 20 yds I AM SORRY i want to be happy and positive in the fresh new impressions thread but what i was hoping for was not touched

# 22 J-Unit40 @ 09/24/09 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmonsta
just played some1 online. Didn't see patch. Is it out now?
I know for PS3 it is. It should be for 360 since so many have it this morning.

Take your game out of the console and put it back it. You should be prompted to download the 1.01 patch.

I love the amount of people downloading the patch before 7:00am. Dedication!

# 23 RedZoneD25 @ 09/24/09 06:58 AM
The broadcast cam is absolutely perfect. Only thing to do in M11 is tilt it down a little tiny bit so you can see the weakside WR

# 24 Kayotick @ 09/24/09 07:05 AM
I am still seeing the quick snap on XP and FG by the cpu. . . anybody else still seeing this?

# 25 warhorseballa06 @ 09/24/09 07:08 AM
i am actually seein the cpu take there time on xtra points..i pointed this out in another thread

# 26 sgtspit @ 09/24/09 07:11 AM
Made fatigue effect ratings more.....finally!!!!!!

# 27 Kayotick @ 09/24/09 07:14 AM
There are now 5 AFL Madden Moments. . . sorry not sure if this was known to be include.

# 28 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 07:30 AM
What the HELL happened to Trent Edwards with this patch/AFL update? When it shows him on the sidelines on the QB's phone, the whole top part of his head is a shadow like he's got a helmet on, but he doesn't have the helmet on. It looks crazy as hell..

# 29 carnalnirvana @ 09/24/09 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Fantastic patch so far.

I re-started my sliders and the cpu can run the ball now.

Anybody who says it is to easy to run the ball and is using old sliders needs to play on a higher diff level or make the sliders harder.

I see the cpu run with more holes to go through and I see my runner have better lanes and better run blocking by the line

Also the cpu defensive back aggression has been toned down therefore i must raise it again

great job on the slider affectivness....that was the most important to me..
in what ways do you see an improvement in DB play because to me its still bogus and cheap,

they still back peddle for 20 yds then turn in place and get to top speed all at the same time

i see no improvments

# 30 johnprestonevans @ 09/24/09 07:47 AM
For me personally patch #1 is mainly about the return of the broadcast camera. Been waiting for this to come back to the series since last-gen. It looks GREAT!. It has that careful balance between a great presentation upgrade (it looks much more TV authentic from this angle) and being a playable camera option (zoomed out enough to see most of the receivers).

Issues: this broadcast camera amplifies the need to address the cutscene and instant replay problems. If you want a real telecast style presentation then EA needs to fix the abreviated cutscenes and replay in-frequency. Slow things down and draw them out - or at least give the option to watch a game unfold. Right now the overall presentation feels like it's trapped in fast-forward. More replays (especially on ALL TDs and big/close plays) please.

# 31 King Gro23 @ 09/24/09 07:51 AM
Franchise stats?

# 32 carnalnirvana @ 09/24/09 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I dont know what sliders you use or what level you play on

but the cpu defenders no longer break before my receiver and that is about the only issue i have with the db play for the cpu.

now I am able to throw curl routes and deep post without the defender breaking before me

even deep balls you can get a step or 2 now

it was so bad before patch that i had to lower the cpu aggression slider from default and now i must raise it

I dont know how skilled you are or what sliders you use

skill has nothing to do with anything in this game. i can pass i know how to read the animations and breaks in routes but those are exploits this game is not about skill for me.....

its about if i call a streak unless the cpu bumps me my guy should be infront of him EVERYTIME and the Db's skill set such as his catch up speed and tackle or strip ability COMBINED with my QB acc and the place of the ball should determine the out come......

this patch does not deliver that or anything close to it....

to be honest i can rocket catch every ball ( that is skill)

i should not need SKILLS, to get this interaction to play out....

broadcast cam is sick, very refreshing take on gameplay, a nice addition ....

# 33 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 08:05 AM
good to see CPU rushing is better with improved slider effectiveness. can someone comment on how the pass rush is now? is it better for user controlled sacks? i was hoping the patch would help with this.

# 34 RGiles36 @ 09/24/09 08:07 AM
I didn't have much time to gauge the gameplay; I only played for a total of 10-15 mins this morning.

But the broadcast cam is brilliant(!) for CPU vs. CPU games. The lack of replays still hurts, but I can already see the fun once I start putting my stamp on the Cowboys in franchise mode and watching how they play on the field.

# 35 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 08:07 AM
I definitely don't agree with CPU rushing being better. I've played 3 games now and they've not had 1 10+ yard rush yet and usually end up with about 15 rushes for 20-30 yards.

# 36 drae2 @ 09/24/09 08:13 AM
I just downloaded it for the 360 and it took less than 10 seconds. Anybody else download it that fast?

# 37 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
I just downloaded it for the 360 and it took less than 10 seconds. Anybody else download it that fast?
The patch itself is very small, most likely it's just a bunch of code rewrite, so obviously a bunch of text changes isn't going to be huge.

The AFL Legacy Pack is around 180 MB.

# 38 DakkoN @ 09/24/09 08:19 AM
I may be imagining this, but I think the amount of hard hits from the hit stick have been greatly reduced, at least on kick returns. There's been a couple times now when I've had a dead on hit on a guy on a kick return, and it just ends up going into a normal tackle animation. Doesn't bother me any if it's true, I actually like it, because there seemed to be a few too many fumbles on kick returns.

# 39 frankrizzo380 @ 09/24/09 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
You want my impression? On the dumbing down of the R-stick left or right hot routed backs out of the backfield? Horrible.

I'm all in favor of cutting down the angle that the back can come out of the backfield which they have done. Now they have to go further up field before they make their cut. But what's with slowing down of the back for the first ten yards before he can make his cut like he's walking in freakin' molasses? This is the "solution" they came up with to backs coming out of the backfield in the flats being open?

NOT making the defensive AI smarter so they recognize them coming out of the backfield sooner, oh no...

But actually slowing down the speed of the backs coming out of the backfield like they all just pulled a hamstring or something, then speeding up to make the cut, then actually slowing down again just to be sure sure the AI DB has time to recover and catch him?

Wow. I have to do some more experimenting, but I am NOT happy with this change. This is just plain stupid and a lazy solution if you ask me. Just take out the R-stick left or right hot route altogether if you're going to do this to it. Ridiculous.
dont feel bad bro, they did the same thing with ncaa 10 in the first patch too,i play with the saints, so u can imagine my pain, oh well

well i 've had to play on normal speed setting, because though the game is much much smoother, its beginning to feel as though if the ai's team is wayyyyyy faster thanmy team, it seems even kiel on normal.
the a.i. also seems to have alot more time in the pocket(esp. when its formed correctly) it may be because a. im playing with the saints, and b. im scared to bring the heat on "D" because of how the cpu uses the fb/hb/flatscomboas a saftey net 100% of the time, dont worry though, this has been toned down alot
im forgetting something but im cool with the "Patch" so far
now where is that roster update
and show my saints some love esp the o-line!!!!!!!!!!!

# 40 frankrizzo380 @ 09/24/09 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I definitely don't agree with CPU rushing being better. I've played 3 games now and they've not had 1 10+ yard rush yet and usually end up with about 15 rushes for 20-30 yards.
ditto sir, ditto

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.