Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 weezydakidd11 @ 09/24/09 01:29 PM
do we have to restart our franchise

# 162 UMiami @ 09/24/09 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezydakidd11
Everyone keeps saying no.. however, I continued my franchise and saw ZERO difference after the patch was installed.

# 163 BroMontana82 @ 09/24/09 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezydakidd11
nope

# 164 TMagic @ 09/24/09 01:36 PM
So can someone tell me when Patch #2 coming out and what is it suppose to address?

# 165 DenverBronco26 @ 09/24/09 01:41 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet and I don't have the time to go through 20 pages, but in franchise mode with a franchise started pre patch and now playing the same one post patch, ive noticed that alot of the madden made draft classed use retired players stats. I found one that was in the league 1 year and had Walt Harris's entire career stats.

# 166 LionsFanNJ @ 09/24/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
So can someone tell me when Patch #2 coming out and what is it suppose to address?
nothing is set in stone for either, but probably a month or so. Right now the franchise stats issue is the only thing we know for sure is in. Most everything else we assume is gameplay fixes via Ian. We had a thread a while ago adembroski started to list gameplay fixes for the second one.

# 167 Comet21 @ 09/24/09 01:44 PM
Yeah I just downloaded the AFL Pack, and career stats were there for Vick and Favre. I am wondering if the people complaining about not seeing a difference, do we have to actually "pay" for this patch.

# 168 TMagic @ 09/24/09 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
nothing is set in stone for either, but probably a month or so. Right now the franchise stats issue is the only thing we know for sure is in. Most everything else we assume is gameplay fixes via Ian. We had a thread a while ago adembroski started to list gameplay fixes for the second one.
Alright, cool. Thanks man.

# 169 RyanMoody21 @ 09/24/09 01:50 PM
The ball , rather than going through a defender now seems to bounce off his chest. This usually gives them a second shot at an interception. The ball should not be hitting a players chest and bouncing up into his hands.

This is a fix to prevent the ball going through players, which we were told could never happen to begin with.

# 170 NYG_Meth @ 09/24/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
The running game has been VASTLY improved and is now a real factor in online games. I just ran for over 100 with Jacobs for the first time online.
Status update: In my second online game, I have already run for over 100 and the first half isn't even over lol.

# 171 LionsFanNJ @ 09/24/09 01:51 PM
AM i the only one noticing big backs don't go down so easy anymore? Playing Bills Vs Oilers(Titans) and Lynch just keeps trucking most of their corners when he's outside..pretty good. Going to really put this to the test with the Giants. Lets see if the Brandon the Tank will do the same.

# 172 droopizzle34 @ 09/24/09 01:53 PM
I like the broadcast camera.Its a little hard to cypher through your players to pick the one to control,but I like it. I hope they fix the super speed vs. the cpu in OF in patch 2,or maybe they can do that on the server.

# 173 Tri-State Killa @ 09/24/09 02:04 PM
I got the update this morning for 360 and then I went to check out how the game plays online and I noticed this patch does not effect online play because ranked matches were still 5 minute quarters.

Anyone else noticing this???

# 174 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 09/24/09 02:12 PM
have you guys notice you can hear the crowd now and the replays dont cut anymore. good job on the patch guys. now wait for the roster update and franchise here we come

# 175 DeuceZeroz @ 09/24/09 02:14 PM
[quote=SA1NT401;2040223094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
patch is a let down. the patriots helmets are screwed up now. the broadcast cam is from the cheap seats. the sliders have to be all adjusted now.quote]

What the hell do you mean the PATS helmets are screwed up now??
On the default helmets, at least for me and celg35, there were these hideous blue squares where the numbers should be on the back

# 176 Flightwhite24 @ 09/24/09 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
The running game has been VASTLY improved and is now a real factor in online games. I just ran for over 100 with Jacobs for the first time online.
I jst played against the Giants online and Jacobs is pretty much unstoppable.

# 177 glitch3d @ 09/24/09 02:18 PM
Well, they do give 2 options for the cowboys stadium which are open and closed.. Soo, yeah it shouldn't rain inside

# 178 bukktown @ 09/24/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-State Killa
I got the update this morning for 360 and then I went to check out how the game plays online and I noticed this patch does not effect online play because ranked matches were still 5 minute quarters.

Anyone else noticing this???
I just played a game online and it was 7 minute quarters

# 179 Hughey2k @ 09/24/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
how do i get rid of this f'ing patch? thanks EA for f.ing up again. i love the running in place on drag routes......
The link below may help?? It will clear your cache. I have used it in the past. Just make sure that you are aware of all that it clears..... This is for 360...

http://www.carolsvault.com/xbox-360-...keep-updating/

# 180 teewee @ 09/24/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't watch the computer play each other, so the broadcast cam is pretty worthless. Looks decent enough, but you can't see down the field. I couldn't ever see myself playing with that view.
what people fail to realize is that is the very challenge of the view that you cant see everything. no player on the field can see everything. its another challenge to conquer instead of same old view behind QB sick of that crap. wish they make view just like tecmo bowl that would be sweet!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.