Home
Forza Motorsport 3 News Post

The Forza Motorsport 3 demo is available on the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

Forza Motorsport 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Forza Motorsport 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Forza Motorsport 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CM Hooe @ 09/24/09 09:58 PM
I'm not normally won over easily by graphics, but about this game's graphics:

Driving is fun too. Me likey.

# 22 Artman22 @ 09/24/09 10:10 PM
Since I'm a true hardcore sim fan. This is a first day purchase for me. The demo was tight. I can't wait for this game.

# 23 garnettrules21 @ 09/24/09 10:56 PM
Bought a racing wheel for this game a while back, tried it with test drive unlimited and need for speed most wanted, and couldnt control the car for my life. almost regretted getting it. played with the wheel tonight with forza 3, man am i glad i kept it, handles perfectly, even got to where i could go manual transmission. i dont even do that with a controller. game plays great, looks really good, love all the replay options, i just wish there was a "cycle" replay that used them all. The "replay" camera uses the same camera angles at the same spots every time which is unfortunate. Playing with VGA cables on 720p and looks really smooth hardly any jaggies at all on my end which surprised me as people have really been complaining about them.

# 24 canes21 @ 09/24/09 11:25 PM
I. LOVE. THIS. GAME! Seriously, I can't wait to buy this. I forgot it was coming out, hopped on the ole' box and had a message from a friend telling me the demo was out. Downloaded it, raced two races, went to a soccer game. Got in a fight with the other teams coach. Came home, raced some more and I couldn't stop.

The cockpit view made me jizz in my pants. This game is GOTY right now for me, Madden 10 is close too. Its funny because I just happened to get a sum of money in the past week too, its a sign I need this game and women.

Speaking of women, I hit on some earlier after the fight. Good night to all!

# 25 sportsdude @ 09/24/09 11:33 PM
well the demo just confirms what I already knew, and that is I'll be getting this on day one. I spent a lot of time in Forza 2 and this looks improved in every way. I wish I still had my old Forza 2 disc so I could compare the two.

# 26 kerosene31 @ 09/25/09 09:28 AM
Wow... that's all I can say. 60 fps and great graphics.

The driving feels much improved. Rear wheel drive cars don't feel nearly as squirrelly as they were in 2.

I didn't even spent much time in the demo. Once I took the first turn I knew it was a must buy.

# 27 jms493 @ 09/25/09 09:42 AM
What i want to know is when I first started the game I ran hotlaps with any of the other cars. I ran like 10 laps with the Lancer.......now I can't figure how to do that again.

Game is great....the driving feels awesome as usual!

# 28 Kruza @ 09/25/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
B class and up was fun.
D and C were not.

Overall it's a lot better than the other 2 Forza games,those were just bad.
Probably not worth suffering through D & C classes to get to the fun stuff. We should probably be past this starting at the bottom stuff by now anyway. DiRT 2 did a good job of it. I know there's always gonna be new players so it's needed but can't it be like..."We've detected 15 racing games on your profile,would you like to start in class B?"

Agreed. The D- and C-class cars aren't worth my time, period. I hate being forced to race in them in the first two Forza games, and I'm skipping them all the moment I fire up the full version of Forza 3.

Kruza

# 29 lnin0 @ 09/25/09 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
What i want to know is when I first started the game I ran hotlaps with any of the other cars. I ran like 10 laps with the Lancer.......now I can't figure how to do that again.

Game is great....the driving feels awesome as usual!
Don't race. Go to leaderboards, pick a time with a paperclipped ghost and race against it. Unlimited laps.

# 30 Phobia @ 09/25/09 10:56 AM
I LOVE the demo. I love Forza 2 though. I still race online multiple times a week.

First thing I noticed is how much better the tire physics are. You seem more planted onto the pavement. Rather than sliding around the track like in forza 2 with the rear wheel cars. Like the new feel alot.

Next would be the terrain detail is greatly improved and makes a world of a difference in feeling like you are driving in a real place. The detailed cockpit is also just as great as I knew it would be. Really draws you in and makes you feel apart of the car more.

Last and my biggest compliment would be the excellent AI. They are much more realistic. They make mistakes, take bad lines, battle each other. Try and prevent you from passing. I tried to cut down low on the first place guy last night and he dove down low to prevent me. Catching me across my front passenger wheel. Sending me into the wall. If I would of remained patient and drafted off of him on the straight I would of had him. But I got greedy and tried a tough pass and paid the price.

It was a first day buy before i even tried it. This just cements my view that Forza is the greatest Sim racing series. GT has nothing on Forza.

# 31 CarryTheWeight @ 09/25/09 07:00 PM
Great demo. I prefer FM3's graphics to FM2 and GT5: Prologue. Just so much detail crammed into those car models. Cockpit views are also amazing. Turn the HUD off and it's probably the most immersive perspective in racing games today...I even prefer it to DIRT 2, Midnight Club and Prologue's great in-car views, thanks, in part, to the great self-shadowing.

Apart from the car models, the actual racing seems smoother and faster than it did in previous Forzas. The sense of speed is definitely there, as many before me have said.

Can't wait for October 27th...

# 32 Behindshadows @ 09/25/09 07:18 PM
Love the demo, this game is a must buy, I might spend the next couple of weeks trying to complete Forza 2 before I start this one up, overall love the car selection on the demo. 1 track kind of sucks but overall it's beautiful and it control great. Cockpit is going to be my friend. In the Audi and Ferrari the view is perfect.

# 33 NINJAK2 @ 09/25/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Great demo. I prefer FM3's graphics to FM2 and GT5: Prologue. Just so much detail crammed into those car models. Cockpit views are also amazing. Turn the HUD off and it's probably the most immersive perspective in racing games today...I even prefer it to DIRT 2, Midnight Club and Prologue's great in-car views, thanks, in part, to the great self-shadowing.

Apart from the car models, the actual racing seems smoother and faster than it did in previous Forzas. The sense of speed is definitely there, as many before me have said.

Can't wait for October 27th...
Carry, BS, etc.

How does the cockpit view hold up to the PGR3/4 models in your opinion? Is it as detailed as PGR's?

# 34 CarryTheWeight @ 09/25/09 07:52 PM
I haven't played either next-gen PGR in a long while, NINJAK, so I'm not sure how much of a difference I'm going to make. Obviously, you won't see PGR4's amazing rain/snow effects on your windshield in FM3, but the self-shadowing on the cockpit view is realistic and very well-done. It's awesome to see various aspects of the car well-lit and other parts of the car in shadow while you're driving. Not sure if PGR had something like this because I haven't played 3 or 4 in a long time.

There are a few "little details" on the FM3 dashboards that aren't in PGR, such as certain car dashes displaying what lap you're on, working gas gauges and time displays. Awesome little touches do a lot to immerse you.

I'll say it again, FM3 may just be the first racing title I play without a HUD. It's that impressive with the in-car view.

# 35 NINJAK2 @ 09/25/09 08:28 PM
Cool. Thanks CTW. I'll download the demo this weekend

# 36 Behindshadows @ 09/25/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Carry, BS, etc.

How does the cockpit view hold up to the PGR3/4 models in your opinion? Is it as detailed as PGR's?
I will show you real soon!

# 37 FlyBri @ 09/25/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
1-2-3-GO! They have added a few new wrinkles and smoothed down some corners but overall the game lives and dies by the same praise and shortcomings as past itterations. Forza 3 is an incremental update not an evolutionary change. While it will always hold the physics crown among console races many of its other features are starting to feel dated.

Note to the guy above - driving a car ISN'T that hard. Look at how many idiots have licenses now days. Yeah, driving one at the edge is hard but in Shift driving a Cobalt at 30 mph in a straight line is crazy difficult. So don't think difficulty equates to reality. In reality not many people would have issues making a safe lap on one of these tracks. There is no such thing as a safe lap in Shift because the cars are unstable at any speed.
Driving a car isn't that hard for people who have the skill -- for people who don't, it's not so easy. Just because someone has a license does not mean they can drive a car that well (and not at the "edge" either) -- trust me, I see plenty of people every day who shouldn't have the right to be behind the wheel. And driving 30mph in a straight line in Shift is difficult? No such thing as a safe lap in Shift? No offense, but if that is how it is for you, ok, but for me it's not an issue. I've been driving for over 10 years, and have driven cars like the Lotus Elise (at the "edge") and Porsche 911 Turbo S, and in Forza 3 (at least the demo) it's just too easy to drive perfect lines at speed. While more difficult doesn't mean more realistic, Shift's physics overall, in the end, feel a lot more realistic. And yes, I know Shift doesn't go all out on having perfect physics for a completely PERFECT sim, but it can be argued that the basis of the physics engine is better than Forza, or GT5 for that matter (again, look who developed the game), thus creating more realistic physics overall.

# 38 videobastard @ 09/27/09 09:48 AM
The demo was fun to play. But the cars have a more cartoon look to them then realistic. The graphics were overhyped from the developers.

# 39 berad88 @ 09/28/09 06:07 PM
I totally agree but it is possible the graphics could be beefed up in the final version. From screen shots comparing forza 2 to forza 3 I expected the graphics to be more amazing. While satisfied with what I saw in the demo I was not as blown away graphically as I expected to be. We will have to wait and see.

# 40 Flawless @ 09/28/09 07:01 PM
Forza 2 is an ugly game in comparison. I download the demo to compare and Forza 3 is a huge leap in tech. Lighting is no longer flat, reflections are now 60fps, much higher poly count on cars, greater LOD with tracks having much more depth and detail, sharper road and trackside texturing and better filtering, modeled interiors, and visible tire deformation. Shaders for non-metallic paints are still off (looks like matte plastic) have been since Forza 1. I think it's a great looking game. Could it be better? Sure, I think even Turn 10 would say they could achieve more. Forza 3 is just about on par with the best looking racers that have been released so far this generation, and it runs at 60fps, is doing more with physics than most other console racers, and those physics run at 360fps. Tradeoffs have to made, not everybody can be wizards like Polyphony Digital.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.