Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

I and a few others were lucky enough to attend the NBA 2K10 launch party here in NYC.

We were given full copies of the game and are willing to answer questions.

The only thing I'm going to tell you guys right now:

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT RATINGS. We already post them in the NBA 2K10 screenshots section.

Ok, let the madness begin.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 chance @ 09/25/09 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
2k's howard does indeed look better than his live counterpart.

I see Patrick Chewing in the background
Yea thats crazy. Wonders if that means if we can sign them as HC down the line?

# 82 ZB9 @ 09/25/09 03:28 AM
can big men like Yao and Dampier do crossovers and ball handle without turning it over or falling down? Hopefully not

thx

# 83 Rockafella2x @ 09/25/09 03:29 AM
do they have the new Houston and Dallas alternate jerseys?

# 84 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/25/09 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Question: Which player gets the NBA Shootout 2004 award for looking nothing like himself?

^Thats not Martin Luther King Jr. Its Tmac. Unfortunately.

# 85 Pared @ 09/25/09 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
thanks Pared. thats one thing I spent hours trying to fix for 2k9.

Last question as you play more games. How are rotations and defensive assignments? In 2k9, I could leave my assignment for just a brief second, and a CPU teammate will rotate towards him leaving HIS assignment open. In essence, His assignment was usually either in scoring position, or a better rated player that should NEVER left open. All sorts of chaos ensuing. The CPU had a one track mind " player is not being "guarded", let me help" meanwhile the help he's providing means nothing as the CPU player cuts to the basket and receives the lead pass for the score. That example is a true tie in for both the lead passes and defensive assignments.. Basically once that help from the cpu teammate arrived, the CPU player was programmed to cut to the basket. In theory the logic is correct, but the execution was off on the human teams end.

sorry to get so technical. just something to think about as you play
Not seeing this at all. They will attack the basket if I leave them open for a good amount of time. In fact, I just tried it and Delonte West crossed me over, so Matt Barnes came over to help and West passed it from inside the key to an open Moon for a 3. Basically the CPU gave up the drive and kicked it out for an open shot, which is good because Lewis was coming over from the strong side block (Barnes was weakside wing).

So they are certainly collapsing and opening up the perimeter.

# 86 Illadelph83 @ 09/25/09 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic

Light show was ending

Reds do seem to be off. Thought it might've been the TV but these are straight caps from the system.

I can go to sleep a happy man, bout to start calling mom and pop stores to see when they getting copies.

# 87 Pared @ 09/25/09 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
can big men like Yao and Dampier do crossovers and ball handle without turning it over or falling down? Hopefully not

thx
No the few I've seen have high, exaggerated dribbles. Nothing at all like last year. They haven't lost the ball though... not sure if they can be stripped more easily, I'd have to see that in a 2 player game.

# 88 Hotobu @ 09/25/09 03:38 AM
I haven't read the thread it's too much to sift through. I'd just like to know to what extent are stadium sounds editable this year?

# 89 infam0us @ 09/25/09 03:38 AM
Are the high socks the same as the combine or were they fixed? Did they change the calf sleeve to the way they were in the combine(where it was shorter but no sock) or previous 2k games where it took up the entire leg?

Can home jerseys be worn on road and vice versa?

# 90 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/25/09 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Sounds are INCREDIBLE. You can close your eyes and it sounds like a real game.

My biggest beef is that damn overhead two handed pass animation. It really throws the look of everything else off. It needs to go!

One awesome thing... if you take a 3 in front of the away teams bench, they will scream at you.

OH! Vince Carter has a new shot too. Very nice and lazy, he doesn't kick that leg up anymore.
Whoa! Thanks Pared! Sounds really authentic!! CAN"T WAIT!!!

# 91 Pared @ 09/25/09 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
I haven't read the thread it's too much to sift through. I'd just like to know to what extent are stadium sounds editable this year?
WOW! You can make is specific in the following areas for seemingly EVERY SINGLE STADIUM.

Tipoff
Long
Home Up Court
Away Up Court
Chant Defense
Chant Team
Highlight
Halftime
Player of the Game
Replay

BTW, it's Knicks Arena, not MSG.

# 92 DubTrey1 @ 09/25/09 03:43 AM
The frame rate stuttering has me worried. Can you confirm it for all camera angles? How is the 2K Cam?

# 93 eDotd @ 09/25/09 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica
brandon jennings and jonny flynn thanks.wonder if bj3 got the hawk in it

Alright, just did a little testing..to Ray and anyone else interested, you cannot go into CAP mode and change the acc. colors from a color picker or anything like that, you can only choose white, black, team and 2nd team. The color will change depending on the jersey you pick, I only tested sleeves but I assume it works the same for all accessories. I threw this together real quick so you have an idea:

# 94 Pared @ 09/25/09 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Can home jerseys be worn on road and vice versa?
No.

LOL Playing a game at "MSG" now and Harrington chucks up a 3 to start the game.

If you're a Knicks fan, you'd know that's PERFECT. Oh, and those complaining about Nate not doing his behind the back FT Routine can stop. It's in there.

# 95 demencia_total @ 09/25/09 03:46 AM
Not sure if it was asked as I zipped through the thread but, do the players move by themselves as in the DC? It seemed like at times they were forced into a certain position automatically.

As always, thanks for the effort.

# 96 Altimus @ 09/25/09 03:47 AM
I need to ban myself from this forum till October. Wow oh wow.

# 97 shadio5 @ 09/25/09 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
The frame rate stuttering has me worried. Can you confirm it for all camera angles? How is the 2K Cam?

BINGO!!!......there go's your online hopes for a LAG free experience people..lol... Online will be the centerfold of 2k10 complaints for another year, but hey, im not saying anything new now am i..

blessings to par & mo for the answers...again, thank you

2k10 baby...and another one

VC/2k sports fan

# 98 infam0us @ 09/25/09 03:50 AM
Done with my question, don't want to distract you two from enjoying the game. Thanks for answering my questions and maybe someday we'll all be playing a team up game in 2k10.

# 99 Hotobu @ 09/25/09 03:50 AM
Thank you (both) for answering my question.

# 100 LA_All_Day @ 09/25/09 03:51 AM
is that stupid hesitation step back that sucks defenders in still overeffect or has it been toned down?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.