Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out this week's blog on LIVE Run. I know you guys have been wanting to see this:

http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv...didas-live-run

I'll be back on later to talk it up with you guys. Peace.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RayDog253 @ 09/25/09 07:43 PM
Thanks, off to read.

Sounds great.... 1 question though: Is there anything like a quick game option, or an unranked option? Say I haven't joined a squad but I want to try this mode out, will I still be able to play? Or will I have to play regular OTP?

# 2 23 @ 09/25/09 07:57 PM
You guys should think about adding the mode single player in Dynasty for next year after going through off season training drills or whatever to practice with the new skills the player may have learned...just sayin

# 3 23 @ 09/25/09 07:57 PM
Now, can you kick an un-cooperative player off the squad?

# 4 navyboy09 @ 09/25/09 08:02 PM
sounds good and im loving that commercial.

# 5 Challenge24 @ 09/25/09 08:36 PM
so club games with nba teams are gone, only unranked will offer that option?

# 6 Behindshadows @ 09/25/09 08:42 PM
That commercial was good stuff! Can't wait until next week to get my hands on this feature.

# 7 blackflash83 @ 09/25/09 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Now, can you kick an un-cooperative player off the squad?
I'll have to look into that as I don't remember. I'll get to you on that.

# 8 blackflash83 @ 09/25/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenge24
so club games with nba teams are gone, only unranked will offer that option?
Yes that's how it is this year. One of the biggest problems with OTP clubs with NBA teams was everyone was racing to play with a team's superstar player. With LIVE Run that problem has been alleviated and you can play a clubs' games with your favorite NBA superstar.

Regular OTP with NBA teams is still in LIVE 10 but NBA teams will not be featured in clubs this year.

# 9 blackflash83 @ 09/25/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Is there an offline mode for this?
There is no offline mode for this, it's strictly online squad based this year.

# 10 Rob. D @ 09/25/09 08:59 PM
Im really feeling this mode although I wish you could do this with created players... this is tight. Love the squad records and awards and how the season re-ups every month. Thank you for the rooms within squads because that annoyed me in nhl 09 especially if you are in a big club. Web support is nice, adding players to your team and viewing stats and highlights is tight. Now I know customizing is tied to Adidas players aka (Adidas live run) but it would be nice to have unlockables for the top teams at the end of the current season to use the next season. Things like shoes, jerseys, and accessories (DLC would be sick for this to). Stupid licensing issues lmao......But Yea im on this day one...I just hope all nba players are included and not just stars . I wanna run with my boy Mike Miller lol.

# 11 Tengo Juego @ 09/25/09 09:13 PM
DEFINITELY want a "Be A Pro" type offline mode. PLEASE consider a mode like that for 11.

I really want to see something in Live like the EASHL in NHL. Creating your very own player, editing his look, size, appearance, position, etc... Ranking him up through games by earning EXP or a similar rating points distribution system. Throw in some team creation where you can select the logo for your team and edit its color and select the style of jersey your team wears...

This mode sounds great. Hopefully, its not a nightmare with ball hogs and unsportsmanlike players. I really hope you guys build on it for 11.

# 12 Challenge24 @ 09/25/09 09:24 PM
IS there gonna be any limits on how many players per squad?

# 13 DW3 @ 09/25/09 09:31 PM
That feature is looking fantastic. It should add alot of replay value.

# 14 Rob. D @ 09/25/09 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
DEFINITELY want a "Be A Pro" type offline mode. PLEASE consider a mode like that for 11.

I really want to see something in Live like the EASHL in NHL. Creating your very own player, editing his look, size, appearance, position, etc... Ranking him up through games by earning EXP or a similar rating points distribution system. Throw in some team creation where you can select the logo for your team and edit its color and select the style of jersey your team wears...

This mode sounds great. Hopefully, its not a nightmare with ball hogs and unsportsmanlike players. I really hope you guys build on it for 11.
Same thing I was hoping for but.....Gameplay really needed an overhall I hope they look out for us in 11' and I still aint picked up my NHL 10....but yea we need a NBA League...drop the adidas license have customizable home courts and a huge creation system.

# 15 chia @ 09/25/09 10:03 PM
like me preface this with saying I AM going to buy the game BUT

This mode looks terrible.. it should be renamed "Ball Hog Live"

But!!!!

Dynamic Season is going to keep me playing with a smile

# 16 RipCity71252 @ 09/25/09 10:20 PM
This sound like a fun mode if you can find the right guys to team-up with.

# 17 blues rocker @ 09/26/09 12:31 AM
This player choosing option is a good idea, but I hate how "arcade" the gameplay is. It doesn't look like there's any skill or strategy involved - looks like a dunk fest and a non-stop scoring race. lame. if you could adjust the settings to play more sim if you want, that would be ideal, but I don't like how it forces you to play in this unrealistic dunk-fest style.

Chia commented above that this mode should be called "ball hog live" which sounds about right - looks like a bunch of dunk-happy cheesers trying to score as soon as they get the ball - no strategy, no plays, no picks - just scoring...I don't feel like I would be proud to be the top team because it's not based on skill or strategy. I just have no interest in the gameplay style of this mode at all. I could see how a bunch of 12-year-olds would like this mode because it encourages non-stop dunking and a lack of intelligence, but for an adult like me this mode doesn't offer much.

# 18 chia @ 09/26/09 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
This player choosing option is a good idea, but I hate how "arcade" the gameplay is. It doesn't look like there's any skill or strategy involved - looks like a dunk fest and a non-stop scoring race. lame. if you could adjust the settings to play more sim if you want, that would be ideal, but I don't like how it forces you to play in this unrealistic dunk-fest style.

Chia commented above that this mode should be called "ball hog live" which sounds about right - looks like a bunch of dunk-happy cheesers trying to score as soon as they get the ball - no strategy, no plays, no picks - just scoring...I don't feel like I would be proud to be the top team because it's not based on skill or strategy. I just have no interest in the gameplay style of this mode at all. I could see how a bunch of 12-year-olds would like this mode because it encourages non-stop dunking and a lack of intelligence, but for an adult like me this mode doesn't offer much.
I liked it better when it was called NBA Jam and it was 2v2 lol

I'll stick to just ranked games... at least this will get rid of some of the kids that JUST pick the Lakers so they can try to do everything with Kobe

SWEET JESUS IN A BIRCHBARK CANOE GIVE US PROGRESSIVE FATIGUE FOR ONLINE PLAY SO THAT WE HAVE TO PLAY BENCH PLAYERS

# 19 rockman2k2 @ 09/26/09 02:21 AM
For the type of "pick-up" game mentality it's trying to recreate, it doesn't sound out of place to have people ball hog. I mean, unless you go to the park or gym with 5 guys you're always going to get on teams where people will hog / and or never run any offense. However, there is a "squad" based mechanic which allows you to play with people you know.

Basically I see nothing wrong with those videos, because that's pretty much how those type of games go. You're always going to see ball hogging or 1 on 1 action in gyms and parks, so why wouldn't that happen in this mode. If you don't like that approach then find 4 other good guys that like to run offensive sets, or set pick and rolls, etc...

All, I'm saying is this mode has that type of atmosphere, which I think is fine, but usually teams that don't run offenses at the park get beat by those that play together or understand basketball more. Honestly it's no different than playing a FPS online, because when you play with randoms many times you'll lose to a clan or a group of guys that went into match making together and call things out.

I can't wait to try this out with people I know. First time I'm getting live this generation. Oct 6th can't come soon enough.

# 20 TMagic @ 09/26/09 02:44 AM
So will this inevitably lead to teams having pretty much the same Exact team in the different squads?

PG- Paul
SG- Wade
SF- Kobe
PF- Bron
C- Dwight

Or did I miss something?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.