Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo is now available at the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The One @ 09/29/09 07:25 AM
Overall Great Demo. You will not get a good Vibe at first since it looks kinda like 2k9. Then you try to do things like you would do in 2k9 and they don't working properly making the game feel sluggish. Main thing will be the isomotion. In previous games the turbo trigger(Right Trigger) was also the basic isomotion with the other trigger being the modifier. Because they added a turbo meter for this game, that control scheme had to change; so they switch controls so that the turbo trigger will be the Advance isomotion modifier thus preventing us from depleting the turbo meter while just trying to do a basic crossover.

# 62 tanner99 @ 09/29/09 07:25 AM
what a disappointment. felt way too similar to 2k9.

ill probably just end up getting 2k10 in a few months.

# 63 goon @ 09/29/09 07:27 AM
I think there has been improvement in all the departments...the AI is much better on fast break and the alley oop is easier but fun cos it blows you away. This game is going to be big thank God i pre ordered and save like £10 on it!lol

# 64 Tha_Kid @ 09/29/09 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Is it confirmed that there are not plays ? also all kidding aside can someone tell me if their players are moving on their own defensively. Once I get my man in position if i don't move the stick he will move on his own. can someone verify that for me. I think It may just be my controller.

Edit it occurs when playing off ball defense.

Only played one game so far so no impressions just wanted to check on the plays and control. Presentation is TOP notch
Yep, no plays and the defender does move on his own. As the lakers, the magic players like to hang around the perimeter and if i move kobe closer to carter then let go of the stick, kobe slumps back to his regular distance.

I was taken aback a bit at first by the demo, but its just a learning curve. Isomotion alone used to allow you to get by your man, now you have to set him up ala NBA Live, and get by with the LS. The Isomotion moves are secondary, its really actually kind of similar to the way Live's works. On defense you have to learn when to body up your man, again its kind of like the live demo on the perimeter except there is a body up button.

Demo issues include Dwight always winning the tip (unless you play as the magic and let Bynum have it) and alleyoops to the trailing big man are pretty easy. Dwight had a putback dunk in each game i played against the magic. Also didn't like the lack of switching when I called a double team, so that might have to be done manually

Also:

Magic rain 3s.
Lakers run something resembling the triangle.
Kobe & VC's dunks are great, only had one questionable dunk with Kobe but it wasn't impossible and made sense given the situation.

Really another stripped down demo from 2K. Lacks all of the polish the final game has.

# 65 jerry0211 @ 09/29/09 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One
Nice Demo. You will not get a good Vibe at first since it looks kinda like 2k9. Then you try to do things like you would do in 2k9 and they don't working properly making the game feel sluggish. Main thing will be the isomotion. In previous games the turbo trigger(Right Trigger) was also the basic isomotion with the other trigger being the modifier. Because they added a turbo meter for this game, that control scheme had to change; so they switch controls so that the turbo trigger will be the Advance isomotion modifier thus preventing us from depleting are turbo meter while just trying to do a basic crossover.
Played 4 games and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bad, meaning exactly like 2k9. The models and movement are pretty much the same, but you can tell 2K focused a lot on atmosphere in tis game. I played another game of the Live demo after playing the 4 games of 2k and saw that the ball and off the ball movement looked a lot better in 2k10.

Big thing for me, and this is only a personal opinion, is that for some reason I had more fun playing Live. It may only be because Live is so much different than in previous years that it feels the freshest. 2K is still the best put together game as a whole, but fun factor goes to Live IMO. I am not a Live fan boy or whatever internet geeks call them, but Live actually plays like a sim this year and is also fun.

# 66 Tha_Kid @ 09/29/09 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0211
Big thing for me, and this is only a personal opinion, is that for some reason I had more fun playing Live. It may only be because Live is so much different than in previous years that it feels the freshest. 2K is still the best put together game as a whole, but fun factor goes to Live IMO. I am not a Live fan boy or whatever internet geeks call them, but Live actually plays like a sim this year and is also fun.
I have a feeling a lot of people will feel this way. I have 2K coming from yourfree360games.com but if I was dropping $60 i'm not so sure I wouldn't go in with Live.

# 67 tanner99 @ 09/29/09 07:39 AM
i think i was expecting too much after playing the live demo.

ill make sure to play more games after school.

# 68 portlandblazer @ 09/29/09 07:41 AM
i took it hard baseline to the rack with vince and pau jumped over to take the charge but didnt get his feet out of the restricted area and i barreled him over. he injured his *** lol. he sat there holding his tailbone with this painful look on his face, looked just like gasol, i was lovin it. i only wish though that teammates and the team trainer etc... would have come to his aid, woulda been a nice addition to the realism rather than players getting injured and than everyone ignores him. maybe next year. anyway i got the and one and took gas hole out of the game.

im lovin the demo. looks smoother than 2k9, animations look great. i think kobes shot looks good, people whining are upset cause they are missing shots probably, not because it doesnt look like his shot. crowd and atmosphere are on point. cant wait to get my hands on the real deal.

# 69 ZoneBlitz @ 09/29/09 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
i like people who say that 2k ruined kobe's shot, when he mo-capped it himself. btw i dont see the demo, im in the east coast
Exactly. Kobe came in and did some serious motion capture for 2k. So, if you don't his shot, blame it on Kobe - LOL!!! Tell Kobe he has his shot wrong.

# 70 Tully @ 09/29/09 07:42 AM
I just played the demo and let me just say to the people who haven't played it yet. Wait
until you play it yourself before taking comments already posted in this thread seriously.
I thought it was going to be terrible after reading this thread.

But I don't know what game some of these people are playing. It doesn't feel like 2k9 at all. It's much
smoother and fluid. I'm impressed. But I will say for the first time in a long time, Its
a legit debate between Live and 2K

# 71 cam21224 @ 09/29/09 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
I just played the demo and let me just say to the people who haven't played it yet. Wait
until you play it yourself before taking comments already posted in this thread seriously.
I thought it was going to be terrible after reading this thread.

But I don't know what game some of these people are playing. It doesn't feel like 2k9 at all. It's much
smoother and fluid. I'm impressed. But I will say for the first time in a long time, Its
a legit debate between Live and 2K
Exactly how I'm feeling.

I love how I thought that if I got doubled I could just kick it out to the open man, boy was I wrong.

Got doubled down in the post, twice.

First time, I saw Vince in the corner decided to swing it his way straight out of bounds the ball went.

Second time, I see Jameer open right side of the ft line try to get him the ball, lil sneaky Derek Fisher jumps in the passing lane, steals the ball, Lakers get a easy duece via fastbreak.

I'm loving it right now, even though I can't roll with my team(no plays to run).

# 72 jlmjlm @ 09/29/09 07:55 AM
general impression to this is good job to 2k10 and live needs to catch up once again. but they had good improvements tho... commentary on 2k10 is excellent..even tho it doesnt have it on demo... makes live looks like ***** lol

# 73 SeaNNyT @ 09/29/09 07:55 AM
It plays really well, moves more fluid than last year, and plays closer to basketball than ever before.

Also they finally fixed the small numbers on back of jerseys and I have noticed zero blur on center court or any part of the court for that matter.

# 74 videobastard @ 09/29/09 07:55 AM
I like how the right stick is for fakes in the post. Graphics look sharp, the emotion engine is funny to watch. The lakers commited a foul and the cam panned to phil jackson's mug... It was classic.

The isomotion is still sluggish. I would want to drive after doing some moves but it still was not finishing its dribbling anitmations. The players feel like there on a treadmill sometimes when dribbling around defenders. The spin move is back. I hope they wont let you map that to a button for abuse.

I did not notice anyway to change the difficulty so the pick n rolls, and lead passes worked too easy. I did not like how on missed shots the defense looks slower then the offense to get back. Its turns the game into too many fast break opportunities. I would of liked to have tested these things on a higher difficulty.

For the most part auto post up worked once you wear near the paint. But on the perimeter it did not seem to kick in when i wanted it.

Not feeling the alley oop plays. The cpu kept lobbing nelson to howard like it was the and 1 tour. Then when im on offense trying to isomotion pass a defender i would automatically i guess by accident alley oop when i was not intending to do so. Hopefully on the harder difficulties the alley oop play will not be so succesful.

After the 7th time hearing the hey oh! it was tired already. I already heard it in other arena's from the videos posted. I would hope that some arena's have a different chant. The organs, and crowd do not sound as crisp, or authentic as the other b ball game.

Im still not sold on the game because of not being able to try the harder difficulties. Im going to rent the game first to see how the game plays on harder settings, and be able to use the play calling system.

# 75 Da_Czar @ 09/29/09 07:56 AM
Ohh the post game is feeling indignant ( awesome). I don't have the controls down yet but I just faked left and then hit Kobe's fadeaway. Very nice. I need another quarter man so I can play. just when i get it going the quarter ends.

The auto def movement is causing me to fight a bit more than i like for control off ball.

I am a big playbook guy too so I wish we had a few plays. I feel so unsim LOL.... love the post game so far though. auto post up is not my favorite in either game but I will give the 2k mechanic some time just like I did the other game before officially declaring my dislike for their autopost up. may just take some getting used to.

I kinda like Kobe's jumper... I guess I'm in the minority there.

# 76 Rockafella2x @ 09/29/09 08:00 AM
i'm sad they they removed RB+RT for last man back on defense I guesss it will be easier or me when I can use my 2k cam

I love how you can actually shoot in front of the cpu and not get blocked 90% of the time like 2k9

# 77 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 08:01 AM
2k needs a serious look at oops man....other then that i played the game yesterday and enjoyed so no new impressions but oops DEFINITELY should be looked at...

# 78 The 24th Letter @ 09/29/09 08:07 AM
i love the way artest plays d in comparison w other players..nice

# 79 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/29/09 08:11 AM
Honestly, I do not think I am going to buy this. Still undecided. If this game was last years, game, I think I would be anticipating 2k10 more..but this year, Im just not.

I'll probably be on the fence, right up until release day...and I walk into gamestop. Post some impressions later.

# 80 Checmate101 @ 09/29/09 08:15 AM
Got my feet wet a little bit with this demo.. Like what I played. Like Czar said, need another Q, once you get going, it's over.

To me it's still alot of shots in the paint by the cpu, or it could just be my defense

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.