Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Here is a short video from our beta copy of NBA Live 10 with a few cutscenes included. Hope you guys enjoy the sneak peak.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Goffs @ 09/30/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
This might be the first time in 4 years that Live would be a first day purchase for me. Already, there are things that Live has that 2K doesn't such as being called for illegal screens and the massive playbook. Now this is not to say that 2K is not a good game BUT Live has made the effort to put out a SIM game and from the looks of it they have definitely turned the corner. This is not to say that I won't try 2K this year but for day one(or if I happen to get luck and get it before Oct 6) I'm going to get Live 10.
i....i...i might do the same...

# 122 Dice @ 09/30/09 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i....i...i might do the same...
Hey, I understand. 2K has been the no brainier purchase for me for a couple of years. BUT I'm in no way, shape or form a 2K fan boy. I'm just a fan of the best basketball game. And it looks like EA might have the better game this year.

# 123 Playmakers @ 09/30/09 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfinley
Your not alone man I've had my concerns about superstar players not taking over.

You just have to remember about 90% of people that play b-ball games only care about what they can do and not the CPU owning them.
Good i thought it was just me with concerns about the CPU.

It's pretty sad that everyone wants a sim game but they aren't concerned if the CPU can do what they do on the floor. It's like aslong as I can throw alley oop's or show case my ball handling skills it's all good.

I find it very disturbing that we've yet to see the CPU Wade show those same type of ball handling skills we've seen in these videos. My best bet is the CPU will be kinda conservative meaning they will just do basic things.

I'd like to see Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Paul or Roy break defenders down off the dribble in a manner in which we see in these videos because i'm pretty sure all of them will have very high ball handling skills but it won't transfer over to the CPU utilizing those same moves in a game.

That's been a major problem with NBA Live for years the AI gets assigned these ratings and yet the only one that can take advantage of the ratings is the Human controlled player. It pretty much makes having Chris Paul having a 99 dribble rating pointless because he won't do anything on the floor but basic dribbling moves.

# 124 Stumbleweed @ 09/30/09 01:48 PM
I don't know about you guys, but Kobe has busted my *** on several occasions with deft moves to get into the paint. The iso-drive is not as constant as would happen playing against most users, but I've had my share of "Ooh, Kobe did me dirty" moments... same with Jameer, dude will torch you if you get up on him too tight. Haven't really had an issue with that aspect of the game... it's better in that regard that both of last year's games IMO, so that's all I can really ask for. Seeing them blow past me and then kick it out for the open mid when the help comes is a thing of beauty.

But yeah, I'd wait until we see the final with all these other players before totally coming to a judgment on this. I've had plenty of games in the demo where Kobe totally took over and killed me and some where it was Gasol or just a very balanced attack... seemed to depend on who got going early and where my defense was being focused. Some standard gameplay videos would do a lot to solve this issue... Wade would probably be the best player to use since he controls the ball and isolates so much.

# 125 23 @ 09/30/09 02:17 PM
k

# 126 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/30/09 02:36 PM
^^^^

I've had R.Lewis and VC have done the same to me from time to time. I had VC iso me one time when Gasol was checking him at the top of the key. He hit me with a couple of crosses and then blew by him on his was to the rim. That was a WOW moment for me.

# 127 JkA3 @ 09/30/09 03:16 PM
cool.

# 128 Nephilim @ 09/30/09 03:36 PM
Guys that ares saying CPU is not good, or that the other game has better one are lying. If nothing else, you have to give Live AI advantage... They play good basketball. 2k still looks nicer to me but the way AI plays there, well that is not NBA ball... . Kobe can and does take over, Gasol is always in the right spot, they play triangle, they recognize mismatches... So you can stop preaching that to us. We can debate animations, commentary, presentation, but not AI behavior like that.

# 129 NINJAK2 @ 09/30/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
I don't know about you guys, but Kobe has busted my *** on several occasions with deft moves to get into the paint. The iso-drive is not as constant as would happen playing against most users, but I've had my share of "Ooh, Kobe did me dirty" moments... same with Jameer, dude will torch you if you get up on him too tight. Haven't really had an issue with that aspect of the game... it's better in that regard that both of last year's games IMO, so that's all I can really ask for. Seeing them blow past me and then kick it out for the open mid when the help comes is a thing of beauty.

But yeah, I'd wait until we see the final with all these other players before totally coming to a judgment on this. I've had plenty of games in the demo where Kobe totally took over and killed me and some where it was Gasol or just a very balanced attack... seemed to depend on who got going early and where my defense was being focused. Some standard gameplay videos would do a lot to solve this issue... Wade would probably be the best player to use since he controls the ball and isolates so much.
Co-sign Kobe. I think they nailed him. He is always doing size ups in the demo to get a lane.

# 130 i c u cant stop me @ 09/30/09 07:57 PM
I love what they did with the p.a guy sounds a lot more entergentic now....hell how long has he been the p.a guy for live? like 100 years? just kidding hes awsome! always brings back memories of the old live days.

# 131 donkey33 @ 09/30/09 10:15 PM
why don't people remember back to how Czar said they were fine.

Agree with the above though also. Kobe sizing and busting me plenty.

# 132 texasgmr @ 10/01/09 02:17 PM
Thanks for this! LIVE is looking god!

# 133 10yard-Fight @ 10/04/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Headbands? Headbands!?!

We talkin' 'bout Headbands?

Not the game, but Headbands!?!
i see what you did there... great flippage of a classic A.I. moment

"we talking bout practice?"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.