Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 demo has been out since Tuesday -- at least for Xbox 360 gamers -- and with the release of NBA 2K10 just days away, we felt it was time to roll out some thoughts on the demo.

Read More - NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ifriedrice @ 10/02/09 04:07 PM
Good write up. It's good to see different points of view. However, in the end, the only one that matters is the consumer's.

# 2 BroMontana82 @ 10/02/09 04:32 PM
I agree with ifriedrice and what will matter even more is the retail version of the game which we are already getting impressions of. both good and bad.

# 3 jyoung @ 10/02/09 04:37 PM
Yep, it is nice, though, that as consumers, we actually have two basketball demos this year to compare the games for ourselves.

The same cannot be said for this year's hockey games or any other sport where exclusivity is the norm.

It's sad that basketball and soccer are the only sports this year where we've got two companies going head-to-head with two separate demos.

# 4 DaChosenOne @ 10/02/09 05:33 PM
Cant wait 4 this game this is gunna be the best game

# 5 DaChosenOne @ 10/02/09 05:40 PM
I was just reading now i cant wait 4 this any longer 4 more Days!

# 6 hutch2355 @ 10/02/09 06:31 PM
I was a little turned off by how slow the players were. I also wonder, how hard is it to get the rim correct on a dunk. I personally have never seen dwight howard dunk the ball and the rim not move. When it does move it goes down like an inch. I know its petty, but when your playing a game you like the dunks to look correct. Live had the same problem a couple of years ago. The backboard moves but the rim didn't. Live feels a bit more arcade like as far as speed, but its just personal preference.

The AI seemed nice and tight, although I wonder if you have rashard lewis at pf, since they had brandon bass at pf, if he would be haning out at the three point line. In live he posts up gasol all the time. Lame. I also like the post up moves. I hate isomotion though, even though I have been a 2ker since dreamcast days, I hated when they added that. I like using the stick in live better.

All in all a good demo. I just think I will have more fun playing live than I will playing 2k, although I will probably get both like I did last year.

# 7 TheFiasco87 @ 10/02/09 07:51 PM
Playing a simple 2-3 defense stops most easy inside buckets, thats atleast what I've found.

# 8 NBAfan#109287322 @ 10/03/09 04:03 AM
well it's great that all the xbox360 users got the demo........guess all the ps3 users will just have to wait for the release day to play it......pfffft stupid!

# 9 NBAfan#109287322 @ 10/03/09 04:05 AM
sorry for the whinge but whats the point of a demo if u get it after the retail version is out

# 10 iltd @ 10/03/09 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#109287322
sorry for the whinge but whats the point of a demo if u get it after the retail version is out
If you are assuming that everybody buys a game when it comes out, then you have a valid point. Without that assumption, then a demo will still act as a demo, regardless if it is delayed or not.

# 11 RyDaddy215 @ 10/03/09 01:52 PM
the 2k10 demo is trash...they would have been better served not putting a demo out.

Sure they improved the graphics and presentation...but its pretty much a prettier 2k9...all the same in game flaws are still there.

2K has gotten pretty damn complacent and miss Mike Wang big time.
there reign has the BBall king is about to be over.

# 12 HiTEqMETHOD @ 10/03/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiasco87
Playing a simple 2-3 defense stops most easy inside buckets, thats atleast what I've found.
That and just staying in front of your man.... I like hearing about the different perspectives with these reviews/roundtables but I've honestly never had a problem with playing defense in 2k9. I control the man guarding the ball handler most of the time or switch between positions and rotate my man over manually. It is somewhat hard at first but once you get the muscle memory it should become second nature switching between 2-3 players in a few seconds to positions them in the correct area with your opponent driving the lane.

Maybe that's too hard for some people (it was for me at first) but since you technically can stop drives into the lane or people just going in for layups/dunks I don't see how it's a problem. Anyone who cares to learn can easily do so.

Now playing online via team up should be even easier because as long as you have a team set up that knows how to player b-ball (that's what my crew seems to be for) you don't even have to worry about switching between numerous players to play D seeing as how your user controlled teammates can do it for you.

I thought being able to switch between multiple defenders and position them before the cut man can make it to the rim was something that was common place amongst b-ball gamers, seeing as how the AI doesn't rotate correctly for you I thought this was a work a round that people used regularly, but I guess I was wrong.

# 13 jiggamayne03 @ 10/03/09 05:54 PM
well besides the "pistons parade in june" comment i thought this article was good. the demo is a nice teaser for what we'll see on tuesday. only thing i wish was that they focus on defense one year,defense was so difficult in 2K9 and it still is.

# 14 gtmizundastood @ 10/03/09 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I must be one of the few people who played good-great defense in 2k9, I would stop All action in my lane, no dunks at all, and I used many teams. 2K always does right by me. Nice write up, but somethings sell themselves, NBA2K10 is that. Live has no defense, no spacing, all dunks all the time, how anyone would want that...live10 doesn't compete. And gamers with both games know it. Gameplay rules.
I agree I had excellent defense human and AI in 2k9. I also love isomotion. I am very good with Isomotion. I also love the demo. I am able to hold the opposing Offense with the Lakers or the Magic to some fairly realistic shot percentages. Isomotion is nothing more than just doing the actual dribble moves with the stick. I was a Live head until the 360 hit the market. It just feels so arcade, and it should be absolute cheeser heaven.

# 15 toolified @ 10/03/09 10:53 PM
this year it's 2K that'll win out in the battle of b-ball games, but next year could be very tight in terms of gameplay if these roundtables are anything to go by. 2K's My Player mode, assuming that it's implemented well, is a big selling point this season, which definitely gives it a further edge over Live.

# 16 DustinT @ 10/04/09 12:51 AM
We all know that the retail version is better than the demo. I can't base my thoughts on it yet, because I think the demo is terrible, it just doesn't feel right.

# 17 rdlkilla2k @ 10/04/09 08:39 AM
Please listen to my comment! I have the actual game and played and speaking of a basketball fan THIS IS THE REALEST BBALL GAME EVER! The game has changed so much defensively and offensively and the graphics is sick in HDMI. They paid attention to the littlest detail... you can flop,walk the dog(roll the ball down court from out of bounds) ,Fake double teams, double block animation, better controlled isomotion, better playbooks. Intros are nice and you can customize your own music like 2k5. OMG i had a tear in my eye playing this game. And Kobe and Lebron is super sick!!!..........psssst......... U can lob it off the backboard to your teammate..(whistles) the facial animations are beautiful too. I cant wait for Live also...but i think both game are going to be good,,,,,i dont wanna compare em cause they both are different.

# 18 dstout22 @ 10/05/09 08:45 PM
A demo is a demo. To read all of these posts(this is a generalization i know) about huge complainers acting like it is the "END OF 2K" is amusing but... dumb, for a lack of better words. The demo is just a peek into what the game will really offer... and in no way is it a finished product. So for the bashers, you are like someone who critiques a painting before it is finished. Settle down and remember, these games are for fun.

# 19 emo_nerd73 @ 10/06/09 11:57 AM
nice article

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.