Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 K_rob11 @ 10/09/09 10:55 PM
I haven't posted here in a while and I just stumbled across this video. I haven't even been keeping up on what was going to be new with NCAA Basketball this year. I really enjoyed '09. I really logged on to read up on some user reviews for NBA 2k10 and NBA Live 10 so I can make up my mind on which to buy........but after seeing that vid, I know which basketball game I want now!! I can wait a few weeks for this one! Great job EA, I'm sold on this already!

# 122 soxnut1018 @ 10/10/09 12:34 AM
I see that they have most of Gus's signature lines but do they also have "ONIONS!"?

# 123 andybaseball2005 @ 10/10/09 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Is it either/or? Or is there still EA generic presentation.

I dig what your doing but I play as Wright State in the Horizon League. They are never going to be on CBS and may be on ESPN during rivalry/championship week.

So is there still a generic for small schools?
I would think the layout would be generic. Last year for the small schools i believe they only had the PA announcer.

# 124 green94 @ 10/10/09 07:18 PM
I can't stop watching these videos, I can't believe the game I'm most hyped about right now is NCAA Basketball. I bought the game last year but was underwhelmed. Funny thing is, I could have the exact same game as last year but with this presentation it would be a whole different ball game.

Amazing what a little presentation does to a video game. So ridiculously hyped right now for this game.

# 125 EvanRG @ 10/11/09 12:57 AM
After watching the ESPN and CBS videos does this mean BOTH commentary are in the game with both different stat overlays?

If this is true I may be dead and in heaven... or either one is fine, but I'm confused after seeing both Dick and Brad and Gus and Bill...

Both? Only one? Different systems?

# 126 AuburnAlumni @ 10/11/09 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
After watching the ESPN and CBS videos does this mean BOTH commentary are in the game with both different stat overlays?

If this is true I may be dead and in heaven... or either one is fine, but I'm confused after seeing both Dick and Brad and Gus and Bill...

Both? Only one? Different systems?
Both.

That's the reason that all of us have basically gone bonkers when we saw this.

You'll get your weekday games with ESPN broadcasts, and your Saturday and March Madness games with the CBS guys.

Unfreakingbelievable, ground breaking advancements in atmosphere. I'm in awe.

# 127 warnerwlf98 @ 10/11/09 09:18 AM
. . . and in one of these threads, Jab_step noted that if you play a quick game, you can select either CBS or ESPN presentation, much like you can select regular season, or a playoff atmosphere in Live 10.

# 128 CM Hooe @ 10/11/09 10:23 AM
This game was not even on my radar until I saw the two presentation videos. OMG that looks incredible! I'm gonna have to find a way to get this game now.

# 129 The Gamer @ 10/13/09 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
As a 3 year vet of playing College Hoops 2k8 over buying an EA Basketball game.

And as a long time 2k lover and EA ***** when it comes to the game of basketball I will simply say...

DEAR SWEET TINY BABY JESUS THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!

I will be buying this on launch day.

Unfreakingbelievable. I mean...GOOD GOD.

You guys have finally taken your presentation to unreal levels. Kudos to you sir.

If the gameplay is even halfway decent, this will be the first time in 10 years that I've bought an EA Bball game, and the first in 3 that I will not be playing College Hoops 2k8 for my College BBall fix.
I definitely relate to this post. Its me in a nutshell. My antenna is officially raised.

# 130 RubenDouglas @ 10/13/09 02:33 AM
I wish I had an ounce of everyones excitment.. The nba games have presentation but time and time again, for me personally, im drawn to a game that plays the sport of basketball better. authentic arenas? who cares when the gameplay sucks. custom music? who cares when stuff is broken.

ive always given games their fair share, so we shall see.. hopes are not raised on my end though. they really need to match this great presentation and atmosphere with gameplay

# 131 Motown @ 10/13/09 12:55 PM
Just...Daaaaamn

# 132 KG @ 10/13/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I wish I had an ounce of everyones excitment.. The nba games have presentation but time and time again, for me personally, im drawn to a game that plays the sport of basketball better. authentic arenas? who cares when the gameplay sucks. custom music? who cares when stuff is broken.

ive always given games their fair share, so we shall see.. hopes are not raised on my end though. they really need to match this great presentation and atmosphere with gameplay
We're all excited Ruben but us diehard CH2K8 guys know that it all comes down to dynasty mode & gameplay.

The presentation is groundbreaking though and college hoops is much more emotional than the NBA. I guess as they start releasing more info we will hopefully see some gameplay enhancements.

# 133 ty5oke @ 10/13/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas

I agree. I can't consider this a must buy yet, I really love what they are doing with the presentation and having two different broadcast crews. I need to see a dynasty worth playing more than one year and gameplay improvement.

I really hope it is the real-deal because I would like a nice change from playing Choops as my basketball fix the past few years.

# 134 AuburnAlumni @ 10/13/09 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
We're all excited Ruben but us diehard CH2K8 guys know that it all comes down to dynasty mode & gameplay.

The presentation is groundbreaking though and college hoops is much more emotional than the NBA. I guess as they start releasing more info we will hopefully see some gameplay enhancements.
If the gameplay is solid..this isn't even a question for me. Plus, I would imagine that with that kind of a jump in presentation, dynasty improvements are close to the same...at least i hope so.

Regardless....I am completely blown away by this and will most likely be buying an EA Basketball game for the first time in 11 years. That's saying something.

# 135 rckabillyRaider @ 10/14/09 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Wow, that is awesome. The exact CBS presentation/overlays/music from real life. That music gets you so pumped at the start of every game IRL.

BTW, it's hilarious that EA has had the ESPN license for what, five years now, and when they finally pull off an awesome feat like this it's with CBS integration. Been waiting for something like this for a long time.
Honestly, I think they have somewhat of a dislike for ESPN deep down inside because of 2K. Just my .02

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.