Home
Madden 2010 News Post

According to Ian, patch #2 details for Madden NFL 10 will be announced next week.

Quote:
"We are wrapping up the 2nd title update for Madden 10 - lots of good improvements, additions, fixes. Look for a list of stuff next week."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 drae2 @ 10/14/09 01:32 PM
I wonder why all of the old school unis weren't added, and whether they can be added in a later patch, or for downloadable content? For example, the Eagles white helmets, the Bears blue helmets with the white "C", the rams helmets with the white horns, the Titans/Oilers baby blue unis, and the Browns brown pants are all missing. Might be a small gripe, but just wondering why were they not added?

# 262 johnkorean @ 10/14/09 01:50 PM
When it comes to Madden, it looks like there's 3 kinds of people: the people who take it, the people who leave it, and the people who take it because they don't have the balls to leave it.

It's that last group of people who seem to do the most complaining. Apparently they can't imagine a world without the latest version of Madden, so they keep buying it even though it's "unplayable."

# 263 A Brisk Breeze @ 10/14/09 01:54 PM
Where ARE the Patch Details? lol.

# 264 bkrich83 @ 10/14/09 01:55 PM
Why are we talking bout 2k in a thread about a Madden patch? What does 2k have to do with the patch details?

# 265 roadman @ 10/14/09 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
pimp, have u played 2K5 at all? Because if u have, then u know that 2K5 do things better then madden10 at this point ..especially the presentation and challenge system. Those are the facts, not fiction at all. Constructive Criticism is a must in these forums, and people have the right to do so. Since madden is the only NFL title. We will be here, whether people like it or not.
It's always good to have constructive criticism, but when people start getting personal with developers, that's crossing the line. Hate the game, not the developers.

# 266 CM Hooe @ 10/14/09 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingfan84
Patches? A video game should be patched before it's released.
You must have a problem with effectively every video game ever released in the internet era of video games, then, because patches to fix minor errors is becoming the norm in video games, as it has been for other deployed software development projects for years.

# 267 yankeesgiants @ 10/14/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmonsta
All i gotta say is if u dont like it, dont play it. Its that simple.
Dont argue with them. All your doing by doing that is upping the chances the tread will be locked. Simply hit that little triangle and report them.

# 268 Wolverine3 @ 10/14/09 04:51 PM
Okay. Well I've been playing madden for years and I love it. Yes there are major issues that make it almost impossible to play. But between Monday-Saturday theres no football on T.V, so I want to play football. Whether it's with my buddies or on a video game, it doesn't matter. I would love to see a "simulation football game" but if all you got is an arcade game, then deal with it. Stop crying. I know you guys are gonna bag on me but trust me... I don't think Madden is perfect... at all,

Example 1) whens the last time you saw two Offensive Linemen block one Defensive Linemen in Madden 10? Never. One guy doesn't block Albert Haynesworth or Shaun Rogers.

Example 2) is it possible to block a kick? i mean i know its possible in Madden but I've never gotten one. Usually I don't even try. (I haven't play NCAA Football since 2008, and it was for the PS2; but I got a blocked kick every game... now I don't want that to happen. But if I got 1-2 block kicks a year, that'd be great!)

Example 3) ya ever throw a pass, then get intercepted by a linebacker who can jump about 84 inches? (exaggeration) the physics just aren't there. I know that it is too hard to make it look like the real world, but fix the ridiculous stuff.

I could go on but why? You guys are gonna read this and either say "wow i totally agree with that guy" or "wow that guy is a moron, i am completely right about everything i say."

so please, jump on my balls for saying that. i know you want to.

p.s. I think I played a 2k football once. Was 2k5 the one with Terrelle Owens (on the Eagles) on the cover?

# 269 RedZoneD25 @ 10/14/09 04:57 PM
Yes. That was 2k5.

# 270 19 @ 10/14/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
Dont argue with them. All your doing by doing that is upping the chances the tread will be locked. Simply hit that little triangle and report them.
IMO this thread should be locked until the actual details for said patch are released. Having 34 pages of nothing seems a little silly.

# 271 XxB0MBTHREATxX @ 10/14/09 05:09 PM
Has it been 7 days? No, why does this thread have 30+ pages again?

# 272 maademperor @ 10/14/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
IMO this thread should be locked until the actual details for said patch are released. Having 34 pages of nothing seems a little silly.
the only useful post in this whole thread, even more useful than Ian's really...

# 273 Moegames @ 10/14/09 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingfan84
Patches? A video game should be patched before it's released..
Well go tell that to the thousands of other game company's and developers... you should be thankful we have the ability for patches now days unlike last generation. Something the PC platform has had for many moons ...

So if your gonna try and make the game look bad..try harder

And i find it hilarious how people keep bringing up 2k in this thread..lol

# 274 Artman22 @ 10/14/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
It certainly isn't the communities fault, no matter what. Either EA knows what NFL football is or don't. Why would they let the community decide what a NFL football game is, when football is....football? Of course we like handtowels (because they're a part of NFL football). Of course we like competent blocking (because it's a part of NFL football). Of course we don't like Robo QB (because it's not a part of NFL football). You either know the game, or you don't. Who really playtests this game, and says "yep, WE see that on sunday!"? That 2-in-1 tackle?! NOONE sees that on sunday!
Common sense should tell EA, of course we want certain things. We want everything a part of NFL football! Duh. But, what football devs would really make handtowels higher priority over gameplay. 2K5 didn't, and is considered by most on this board as still the best. So, EA is doing this to themselves. They can take advice from whomever they wish (even OSers), but, it's gonna bite them in the ***. It's a not a lose lose situation IF they just focus on football and not sales.
That's why Madden 10 is the last madden game I will ever buy. People are so used to having trash football for 5 years on next gen so because Madden 10 is decent, they think it's a great game. I sold my game a week ago because I feel this game is trash. EA and IAN fooled me into getting Madden 10 with all the hype and galore. I had 09 and got 10 because of all the hype. You achieved your goal EA you deceived Football fans once again with madden 10. Madden 11?? I don't even care for it and won't get it. I'm tired of EA giving us this terrible game they call madden.

# 275 K_GUN @ 10/14/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That's why Madden 10 is the last madden game I will ever buy. People are so used to having trash football for 5 years on next gen so because Madden 10 is decent, they think it's a great game. I sold my game a week ago because I feel this game is trash. EA and IAN fooled me into getting Madden 10 with all the hype and galore. I had 09 and got 10 because of all the hype. You achieved your goal EA you deceived Football fans once again with madden 10. Madden 11?? I don't even care for it and won't get it. I'm tired of EA giving us this terrible game they call madden.

at some point YOU the consumer must take responsibility.....you know what you're in store for when you buy the product yet you keep buying the game.

time to 'man up' Art

don't go through life being the victim

# 276 SoxFan01605 @ 10/14/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Pastapadre reports the 2nd patch hasn't even been submitted yet:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/10/14...den-10-patch-2

"Per Ian Cummings on Twitter the second patch is still being worked on...."
Yeah, someone posted the twitter info earlier in this thread, I believe.

Can't possibly imagine how you could have missed it. /sarcasm

# 277 RumbleCard @ 10/14/09 06:05 PM
Quote:

Lets hope that's a sign that they'll be addressing a full scope of issues. Not just a few band aids.

# 278 roadman @ 10/14/09 06:06 PM
Quote:

Old news. Except for the Pasta part, the second part was posted last night in this thread via Ian's twitter.

# 279 ACardAttack @ 10/14/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
You must have a problem with effectively every video game ever released in the internet era of video games, then, because patches to fix minor errors is becoming the norm in video games, as it has been for other deployed software development projects for years.
Sure most games can use patches, but most of them (at least good ones) dont have the major glaring issues like Madden, flats, angle pursuit, blocking logic, stat issues, etc

# 280 Jackdog @ 10/14/09 07:56 PM
Will be opened when 2nd patch drops.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.