Home
Madden 2010 News Post

According to Ian, patch #2 details for Madden NFL 10 will be announced next week.

Quote:
"We are wrapping up the 2nd title update for Madden 10 - lots of good improvements, additions, fixes. Look for a list of stuff next week."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TreyIM2 @ 10/11/09 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
No one said that EA has to put out or RUSH OUT Madden every year! They could've supported 09, taken the year off to assure they wouldn't have these issues, and in 2012 they could go out with a bang! This is not the case. The developers have taken a laid back approach because they didn't have to worry about any other game. Now it may be their own arrogance that costs them. They learned nothing form 09, and I'm guessing they will learn nothing from this year. From micro transactions to ripped out incomplete features Madden 10 is just in shambles. The first patch caused more problems than it fixed, and I'm seriously thinking that it will take more than 2 to address them all.

Is it easy to put out an annual release, most deffinetly not, but when you have the better part of 10 years to refine a product, most companies don't have that luxury. Imagine an antivirus company putting out a product as bug ridden as Madden 10... they would not exist next year. Firewall developer... gone if it didn't do what it promised. The game is good, but didn't deliver as promised!
Oh, good, TreFacTor, u picked on me. Been a long time since someone tried to start something with me, and this one time, in band camp...
Anyway, nah, I get where you're coming from but u ALSO have to consider the transition from generation to generation and each different console. Dude, the PS3 version of Madden 08 had me actually trading it BACK in to get ANOTHER PS2 version of Madden 08 although I had originally purchased the PS2 version on the day of release and traded it in with my PS2 to help get my PS3. THAT was an abomination when I had already played the smoother than Starsky and Hutch version for the 360. Now, was it the best game, ever, even on the 360? To many, no, but at least it ran and looked smoooooovvve unlike the PS3 version yet I say all this to point out that I understood that the PS3 was still proving to be a difficult for them to handle, at the time, even though it was there SECOND Madden on the PS3.

To wrap that - I had understanding...even though I did have the option to go back to a better playing last gen version, imo...but I wanted a good playing PS3 Madden!!! Lol...

There are always going to be a ton of bumps and bruises in dealing with new systems, trying to port code and try new things and all that, and if these current gen systems stick around for another 5-6yrs or more, hell, Madden COULD finally turn out to be THAT football game that everyone always wanted...but then we may get the next gen consoles and be sent back 6 yrs. Lol.

As for the devs taking it easy and/or "being lazy"? I wouldn't go there, my friend. You can't speak on that. Again, u are only seeing fruits of labor, at the end of the day, not what goes into getting those fruits together. That is subjective and assuming things you don't have a clue about but you can bet that they have pre-production, many meetings, alpha deadlines, beta deadlines, demo deadlines, testing, final code deadlines yada and all the other headaches that go along with creating a video game and not necessarily in that order. There is a LOT going on that you don't see but, I, myself, am fairly aware of. It ain't easy. This is also why I don't blow my stack about games not quite being to my liking and I take an overall account as to what's been done.

Anyway, got my SAME Madden Moment on pause that I've been trying to beat. Maybe I will, today?? Ha...

# 122 ch46647 @ 10/11/09 10:32 AM
Dave, I have no idea if the Browns pants are in, however the patch does include the Sehawks "green" uniforms. Ian posted on his twitter that they would be included in patch 2 and even showed a picture of them in the uniform selection screen.

# 123 carnalnirvana @ 10/11/09 11:20 AM
i know to each his own but, what good is uniforms if the gameplay is still broken.

its so dissappointing that they actually spent a minute of patch development time fixing unis, because if coverage or blocking is still broken then this game is useless.....how do you get unis wrong

thats why shooters have completely abandoned the offline aspects such as bots and focus totally on online.....

this game is marginally playable only in head to head. offline games are completely stupid and flawed AI rinse and repeat tactics are old in just 2 months

# 124 glitch3d @ 10/11/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Let's not kid ourselves, what game hasn't...
Any FIFA game

# 125 carnalnirvana @ 10/11/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
Any FIFA game
i'll never defend madden 10 but you could not be serious

fifa needs 10 patches to be even playable to footballers that want slow paced build up football, dont get me started compared to fifa madden is great

off topic but a quick example, imagine if in madden the cpu thow a pass and you have to manually EVERYTIME take control of the defensive player to make the tackle or else it would be a touch down every time WELL thats the case with fifa ou dont swithc and make a tackle or pressure the cpu your IDIOTIC teammates watch them move on your goal and shoot while they just back away with NO sense of intelligence.....

lets stick to madden, fifa is another form to trash in its own way

check the sig

# 126 roadman @ 10/11/09 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Maddens a pretty good game. But like most of you, im getting a little sick of EA and their patches. They have to use the patch route too often.

Heres a concept, release a game thats done right the first time.
Really, what sports game on NG hasn't had patches? All the sports games that I own have patches.

Shouldn't we jump on their backsides as well, or is it only convenient to rip on EA.

And CN, they have people that concentrate on gameplay, a different team that concentrates on game art, another franchise mode team, etc...... No reason why they can't reach out to those specific areas.

# 127 NYBorn81 @ 10/11/09 03:46 PM
No matter how good Madden gets, these same people are going to complain year in and year out, most of them don't have valid arguments, they just state what they feel needs to be fixed.

And almost demand a patch, and bring up the "Golden Days of Good ol' gaming" when you can just pop in Madden 01 - 06 and enjoy a great game that "didn't need to be patched". But yet forget to bring up the fact, that no games where being patched on any of those systems.

So Trust Me, they needed to be patched, they just couldn't be done at the time.

We can all agree, well most of us that this years Madden is the best yet of the next generation. Sure they made some mistakes, but they are fudging trying to fix it by giving us patches and people complain that they're tired of Maddens patches and they don't deserve to put out patches because the game should be perfect out of the plastic.

To you people I say, STFU!. Sorry, but I mean it, none of you say these things about NBA LIVE, NBA 2K, EA NHL, 2K NHL, MLB: The Show, 2K MLB, or any other game on the market, so what makes it ok to do it to Madden?

Every game needs to be patched, that is a fact, so get over it, and keep your thoughts to yourself, or create a pastrapadre type of deal where you can vent out your frustration whenever you want, because honestly, you do nothing but cause those who enjoy this game a heap of frustration with your asinine rants about nothing.

I'm Finished now. =-)

# 128 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/11/09 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docile Joint
Hey, Ian, I have a questions: are the cleveland browns' browns pants are in the new patch? Could you at least answer that? I know that the hawks green jersey are in? If the browns pants STILL aren't in, then that's a big big oversight on your part.
I remember a couple of years ago when they put them in and everyone was hating on EA for added them. Fastforward a couple of years later and here we go again...

# 129 johnkorean @ 10/11/09 04:12 PM
If you don't like the game, go create a better product. There's nothing in the Constitution entitling you to an NFL simulation game.

If you think $60 is too much to pay for this product, then stop paying for it. Based on sales, the market says that this product is worth $60; otherwise, people wouldn't buy it.

If you think it's not fair to have to invest $60 before finding flaws and are prohibited from returning it, rent it first.

A lot of you have to eventually face cold reality: the world is not here to solve your problems for you.

# 130 SoxFan01605 @ 10/11/09 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
^^^^^^but in those cases, the wives can have affairs with younger guys. Madden's the only game in town, unless we settle for having an affair with "granny"-----2k5.
"Granny" is still pretty darn hot though.

Jokes aside, if it's really so bad, then I don't see why people STILL go out and buy it each year. I'm sure they'll blame hype, or Ian, or Ian's hype, etc.

It's substantially improved IMO and headed in the right direction. I can see how that might not be enough for a lot of people given the cumulative efforts on "next-gen", but by that same token, I don't know why those people ran out and bought it knowing how much this series needed.

I'm sure to be in the minority with this, but I'm actually hopeful for the direction of this series. Since Ian took over at the end of 09's cycle, I think the right focus has been there. I think it's merely a case of expectations not being fully rooted in realty, based on the history.

# 131 RyanMoody21 @ 10/11/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
If you don't like the game, go create a better product. There's nothing in the Constitution entitling you to an NFL simulation game.

A lot of you have to eventually face cold reality: the world is not here to solve your problems for you.
You do realize that the exclusive NFL license prohibits anybody from creating a NFL based or themed game.

"Go make your own game then",

"It sells at $60, so it must be worth it".

I mean really? Thats how you go about defending it from people who question the quality of this game. I guess you wanna ignore the "truth" that the majority of those copies are sold to parents buying them for children. Children who could care less about simulation football and only want fancy graphics combined with a game they can easily win.

Im not sure how you can go from proving your point about video games by using the Constitution and then talking about other peoples reality.

EA has everything at its fingertips to build a world class game, but they dont. You realize the library of NFL footage they have to draw from must be mind numbing?

Go find some non-video game playing people. Show the 2k5 or APF and compare just the animations and nothing else to M10. Then ask them which game was build using one of the largest state of the art motion capture studios in the world.

# 132 ABR173rd @ 10/11/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
Yeah guys crack me up,..you come the board and blast the game everyday and yet every year you keep buying the game....LOL!! You remind me of those middle aged house wives that always complain about their husbands, and yet they continue to be married to them.
Well obviously those people aren't buying the game every year or else Madden sales over the last couple years would be up not down as with EA's stock which was trading at well above $50.00 4 years ago which is now trading at around $20.00........

# 133 Blue Jacket @ 10/11/09 05:51 PM
So the details are going to be released, but is there any set date for the actual release of the patch? I know updating titles is a much quicker process for the PS3 than it is for 360. I'll be fairly happy if they were able to fix the stats for franchises. If this patch doesn't satisfy me it may be another decade until I purchase a Madden game again.

# 134 countryboy @ 10/11/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jacket
So the details are going to be released, but is there any set date for the actual release of the patch? I know updating titles is a much quicker process for the PS3 than it is for 360. I'll be fairly happy if they were able to fix the stats for franchises. If this patch doesn't satisfy me it may be another decade until I purchase a Madden game again.
Well, Ian has already commented to the fact that he won't disclose the patch details until he sees them in the game for himself, meaning that he won't say anything until the patch has been approved by both MS and Sony. Therefore, I would expect the patch to drop either later this week or next week.

And franchise stats were addressed in the 2nd patch.

# 135 ACardAttack @ 10/11/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Let's not kid ourselves, what game hasn't...
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Mass Effect
Halo 3 ODST
Far Cry 2
Orange Box
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
would you like me to go on? Sure there are things that can be fixed, but not nearly as glaring as what is in Madden

# 136 countryboy @ 10/11/09 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Mass Effect
Halo 3 ODST
Far Cry 2
Orange Box
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
would you like me to go on? Sure there are things that can be fixed, but not nearly as glaring as what is in Madden
How about naming a game that is on a one year development cycle like Madden.

# 137 countryboy @ 10/11/09 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley roper
franchise stats as in assisted tackles being counted as tackles? If not, then it's not even worthwhile.
There was a thread that Josh Looman started talking about all the franchise stat tweaks that were taking place.

# 138 savoie2006 @ 10/11/09 07:07 PM
People, most software needs patched. It's virtually impossible to release a bug free game or program. From Sports games to computer Operating Systems, patches are usually needed. How you can knock the Madden team for showing support for their game is far beyond me.

# 139 johnkorean @ 10/11/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
You do realize that the exclusive NFL license prohibits anybody from creating a NFL based or themed game.

"Go make your own game then",

"It sells at $60, so it must be worth it".

I mean really? Thats how you go about defending it from people who question the quality of this game. I guess you wanna ignore the "truth" that the majority of those copies are sold to parents buying them for children. Children who could care less about simulation football and only want fancy graphics combined with a game they can easily win.

Im not sure how you can go from proving your point about video games by using the Constitution and then talking about other peoples reality.

EA has everything at its fingertips to build a world class game, but they dont. You realize the library of NFL footage they have to draw from must be mind numbing?

Go find some non-video game playing people. Show the 2k5 or APF and compare just the animations and nothing else to M10. Then ask them which game was build using one of the largest state of the art motion capture studios in the world.
Yes, I do realize that there is an exclusive license to NFL-based games. I also realize that there is no exclusive license to the game of football generally (See Blitz: The League), and I also realize that just because I want something doesn't mean that I'm entitled to having other people make it for me while I sit back and contribute nothing.

Yes, you pay $60 for it, but that doesn't create a legal or moral obligation for EA to make the game the way you want it, especially when the majority of consumers (parents of bratty children, as you yourself suggest) are perfectly happy paying $60 for the product as is. They put out a product; you buy it; end of transaction.

If you're looking for a perfect NFL sim game and the only product on the market is imperfect, then why are you wasting your money on a product you don't want and then complaining about it? You knew what you were getting into, and if you didn't test it before you bought it, that's your fault.

For the record, I am not an EA fanboy; I hate EA and the stupid exclusive license. But I also recognize that while this product is not perfect, it's worth $60, especially with free patches that can address a number of problems (many of which don't affect me since I don't play online). It's certainly cheaper than the alternative of developing a competing product, and I'm against the position that many on these forums have taken ("do more work for me and increase your expenses in order to accommodate a niche market that has already paid for the product, but charge the same price as you do currently. Otherwise, I'll buy next year's version and complain about that one too.")

Imagine the following scenario: you go into a restaurant and order the top selling dish on the menu. You summon the head chef and tell him that the dish should be perfect and complain that it lacks black truffle shavings and caviar. You tell him the next time you come to his restaurant you expect to see these changes made, and you expect to pay the same price. How realistic does that sound?

# 140 johnkorean @ 10/11/09 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Mass Effect
Halo 3 ODST
Far Cry 2
Orange Box
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
Was Oblivion a joke? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/oblivionatch

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.