Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to quickly mention the NHL team here at Visual Concepts is currently working on a title update for NHL 2K10 to address some specific issues with the game, as well as ones reported here on the forums. Upon its release we will also be sure to post a list of all the changes made for the patch.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 norml @ 10/16/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I'm selling NHL 10 .
I actually bought NHL10 first. Had for about a week and traded it in on 2K10. Now with them actually releasing a patch, I'm even happier about my decision.

# 22 Vechi8 @ 10/17/09 01:02 AM
I miss the Duracel cooper stopper replays!!!!!!! Bring back 2k8 goalies!

# 23 FlyingFinn @ 10/17/09 01:11 AM
This game sucks... Nothing works correctly. Better to play NHL 10 arcade hockey then to deal with the constant freezing in this game!

# 24 JT30 @ 10/17/09 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
This game sucks... Nothing works correctly. Better to play NHL 10 arcade hockey then to deal with the constant freezing in this game!
lmao

# 25 braves40 @ 10/17/09 10:37 AM
i have a ps3...i heard that they dont have the issue of freezing.

# 26 mooseontheloose @ 10/17/09 10:48 AM
I haven't had a single freeze (360), so I dunno.

# 27 original6 @ 10/17/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseontheloose
I haven't had a single freeze (360), so I dunno.
ditto

This freeze is baffling.

# 28 sharks @ 10/17/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
NHL 10 is not an arcade game!

# 29 plaidchuck @ 10/18/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaStar911
keep telling yourself that sharks. Its very arcade and the cpu ai cheats.
LOL does it pick on you too and call you names?

# 30 adayinthelife @ 10/18/09 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaStar911
keep telling yourself that sharks. Its very arcade and the cpu ai cheats.
If NHL 10 is "arcade" then what is 2k10?

# 31 original6 @ 10/18/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
If NHL 10 is "arcade" then what is 2k10?
2k10 is just as much arcade as NHL 10. Both games do different things more "sim" than the other, as well as more "arcade".

# 32 mooseontheloose @ 10/18/09 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Ooo ooo I know this one! pseudo sim! with its tape to tape passing, lack of boardplay and rocket shots!

In all seriousness no, neither game is 100% sim, but 10 is a whole hell of alot closer to providing a sim like game this year.
By boardplay do you mean pinning? lol if you think that's sim.

# 33 mooseontheloose @ 10/19/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
I do, because I see it happen in just about every battle for the puck in the corners in every single regular season game I've seen thus far..ever. Even more so in the playoffs. You guys that want to sit there and pretend guys don't get pinned ever and that its somehow "unrealistic" the way EA has implimented it honestly make me roll my eyes and chuckle on a regular basis.
lol please, you have no idea wtf you're talking about. The other night I even specifically looked for 'pinning' and, just as I thought, it was minimal. I could count the amount of real pins on one hand. Yes players get rubbed out along the board or pressed against it for a second, but a true pin is incredibly rare. Not only that but the ease with which you can pin at any time you want in NHL 10 is completely unrealistic given that making a pin in the NHL takes timing, positioning, angle, etc., all of which can be negated by the person you're trying to pin.

Sorry, I get that you're an EA homer but there is simply no way to argue that boardplay in NHL 10 is accurate. Neither game does boardplay properly, but a true sim representation would be somewhere in between (ie. limited 'pinning' combined with incidental contact and the ability to battle for position when going for the puck).

You're actually one of the few I've seen who claims to have watched for pinning in the NHL and actually claims it exists as represented in EA. I'm not shocked though.

Oh, and as usual your proclamation of NHL 10 being the better sim game is limited only to on-ice gameplay, as usual. Obviously you're not a sim player/franciser, otherwise you would understand that bad trade logic and a weak sim engine are just as game-breaking for a sim experience as magnetic pucks.

# 34 Knight165 @ 10/19/09 02:10 AM
Quote:
I mean the whole idea is to PLAY the game isn't it? Not just sim seasons?
Yes...the idea is to play YOUR games.
But at the very same time...the rest of the league is simming and 10 has some truly ugly warts in multiple areas of that part of the game. From stats through trades.
If you are going to play single games....10 is definitely ahead overall.
If you want to zoom out a bit and look at the whole picture......

M.K.
Knight165

# 35 mooseontheloose @ 10/19/09 07:40 AM
Quote:
I mean the whole idea is to PLAY the game isn't it? Not just sim seasons?
From your perspective, yes. From mine and other people who enjoy producing sim franchises, not necessarily.

I've said it before, but - a game loses all of its appeal to me (and other sim guys) if the sim experience ends when the final buzzer sounds. Obviously you care about gameplay enough to have that direct your decisions regarding these two games, but you fail to realize that everyone does not fit that mold. I'm not sure if you play Madden or NCAA but if you do, and read these forums, you'll realize that off-field sim experience is just as vital as 'fun' gameplay.

10 might be more polished, or even more fun, but that has nothing to do with being more sim. Neither is fully sim, but NHL 10 is not more sim as an overall franchise package. Given that you clearly don't care about achieving a true sim franchise experience, I'm not sure why you even care.

# 36 tabulaRasa @ 10/19/09 09:07 AM
Hockey rules! Buy both

# 37 mooseontheloose @ 10/19/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Hockey rules! Buy both
Or this

# 38 BIG CAROLINA @ 10/19/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Swell.... more EA vs 2K crap. How enjoyable.
Seriously man, it's getting boring coming in here. it's either that or you have the guys that say BOTH games are good over and over again.

Mods hardly ever come in here and regulate.

# 39 mooseontheloose @ 10/19/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Eh we agree to disagree. 10's a better game period imo, and is much closer to representing the sport the way things are implimented, but hey enjoy your simming, I'm sure thats a ton of fun.
Simming? You again completely miss the point, but there is clearly no point in arguing with you.

Hopefully we get word on the exact details soon, would be nice to know what exactly they're looking at.

# 40 plaidchuck @ 10/19/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseontheloose
Simming? You again completely miss the point, but there is clearly no point in arguing with you.

Hopefully we get word on the exact details soon, would be nice to know what exactly they're looking at.
At best from a gameplay perspective they'll fix the goalie angles and the poke checking, along with the other game breaker freezes (although i've never experienced them on the PS3)

I think everyone will be 100x happier if they fix the goalies.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.