Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to quickly mention the NHL team here at Visual Concepts is currently working on a title update for NHL 2K10 to address some specific issues with the game, as well as ones reported here on the forums. Upon its release we will also be sure to post a list of all the changes made for the patch.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 savoie2006 @ 11/06/09 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
In case you didn't notice the gameplay comment was based on NBA 2K, not NHL.
..my bad... I misread what it said.

# 82 phillyfan23 @ 11/06/09 05:17 AM

# 83 savoie2006 @ 11/08/09 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
No offense or disrespect meant Shad, but seriously, you guys need to get on the same page between the dev team and the "PR team" if you could even call what Ronnie does PR because its flat out silly. This whole "news about news that may be news someday" garbage that keeps happening is pretty rediculous at this point.
Ronnie is just a community manager at 2KSports. He is somewhat like what Flyer is here, but much less reliable. Probably because Ronnie is a Basketball nut, not Hockey like Flyer.

# 84 phillyfan23 @ 11/08/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
No offense or disrespect meant Shad, but seriously, you guys need to get on the same page between the dev team and the "PR team" if you could even call what Ronnie does PR because its flat out silly. This whole "news about news that may be news someday" garbage that keeps happening is pretty rediculous at this point.
100 percent agree....

it just gives me the impression that the 2k hockey team just isn't very professional. We got "news" 2 weeks ago, that patch details will surface in 2 days. nothing.This past wednesday another 2 days deal end of the week. Nothing.

# 85 savoie2006 @ 11/08/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
100 percent agree....

it just gives me the impression that the 2k hockey team just isn't very professional. We got "news" 2 weeks ago, that patch details will surface in 2 days. nothing.This past wednesday another 2 days deal end of the week. Nothing.
Why should they tell you before they know? That isn't very professional. What if they tell us, something is fixed, but when the patch is released, it really isn't? Then it's a case of insert foot in mouth. The fact that they told us they were working on a patch...um, I thought that's what "we" wanted, communication from the developers. So now it's an exact time and what's included? Give me a break and be a little patient.

# 86 savoie2006 @ 11/08/09 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
You sure about that? When I went to that community day thing he was leading it. I think he is more than that. He was also at the New York day with A.O. He talked about just getting back that next day.
Well maybe he is, who really knows. In any case, his telling us, he'll have this and that hopefully by such and such time, then say nothing when he doesn't, is frustrating as Realm stated. VC shouldn't tell him squat.

# 87 phillyfan23 @ 11/08/09 11:58 PM
Quote:
Why should they tell you before they know? That isn't very professional. What if they tell us, something is fixed, but when the patch is released, it really isn't? Then it's a case of insert foot in mouth. The fact that they told us they were working on a patch...um, I thought that's what "we" wanted, communication from the developers. So now it's an exact time and what's included? Give me a break and be a little patient.
my opinion is that 2khockey jus't isn't professional enough. you obviously don't think so, and that's fine.

But their lack of quality going back from 2k6, lack of support, communication, puzzling marketing decisions, etc led me to that opinion.

And now with the patch and their famous practice of giving news about upcoming news about upcoming news.....it gives me more confirmation that they just lack something as a team.

and not ONE developper/PR guy even acknowledged about the gameplay flaws of this years game. Take your pick of the idiotic d-men, overdiving goalies, etc. The only reference for comparison is EA hockey . Their game isn't perfect, but Littman and co. makes it clear of the faults of their games and sets out to fix them. I don't see that with 2khockey.....

# 88 phillyfan23 @ 11/09/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
You are entitled to your opinion. Even though I disagree with it. When I went to the Head Quarters they seemed pretty professional too me. And this is probably why they don't share anything, because they know there are always someone ready to jump down throats. I will say this. I really believe they are taking this patch serious if you guys don't believe that that is fine too. But I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt. And I think Ronnie is a cool dude that does a lot for 2k and even the big guys said that! So if you can't wait for a patch trade it in. If you feel cheated then don't buy next years game. Will the patch be perfect I doubt it, but or they trying to make it better I believe so. And that is all that matters too me. But I am having fun with the game, so it would have been good to me either way. This is what is great about having two good hockey games.
no point to trade it in....gonna get less than 10 bucks...so better to wait for the patch whenever that comes and whatever that fixes.

if the patch doesn't deliver, there is no way I will buy the game next year. gonna rent and evaluate. if it's good..then the buy.

I don't feel cheated,I've purchased much worse games for the same price. But I feel this way because I really do think 2khockey has the much bigger potential to deliver realistic and fun simulation of hockey. Their team just isn't as polished and professional as the EA team. it might be because of $$$ or just lack of competence, but whatever it is, it is of no concern to me. What does concern me is that it affects the game overall.

# 89 Shadow71 @ 11/09/09 02:27 PM
Quote:
I don't take any offense or disrespect to that comment, but at this point I can confidently say I am very much on the same page as Ronnie right now (we talk quite a bit). We both know the status of everything, but there just isn't always something to announce. The patch has been a long time coming so far, and you have to understand Ronnie just gets hounded for information all the time. His post was just a reassurance to those people that we'll have information soon.

No need to shoot the messenger (Ronnie), he just wanted to make sure we got the info out there to NHL 2K fans that there would be a patch the same way the NBA fans got the heads up and wanted to acknowledge the people asking for more information.

# 90 sharks @ 11/09/09 02:55 PM
Too bad Ronnie never specifies what how long "soon" is. Is it a few days? A few weeks? If he was more specific then that would definitely ease the wait.

# 91 Shadow71 @ 11/09/09 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks
Too bad Ronnie never specifies what how long "soon" is. Is it a few days? A few weeks? If he was more specific then that would definitely ease the wait.
If he's not specific then it means it's something he can't state with absolute certainty.

# 92 sharks @ 11/09/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow71
If he's not specific then it means it's something he can't state with absolute certainty.
Either way I really hope the patch comes out by December. As much as I like the game I just can't tolerate the issues any longer. Passive defense, unresponsive controls, the goalies, and freezes should get fixed.

# 93 plaidchuck @ 11/09/09 05:23 PM
I think if there was at least some kind of semi-official list of at least what was being CONSIDERED for fixing people would be pretty happy.. so far it's just been improving stick-collision issues (which does sound awesome)

# 94 Big Shmooz @ 11/10/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
ditto

This freeze is baffling.
It's because you probably play at a skating speed in your sliders at 51 or above. Try adjusting your slider to any number below 50 & you will start seeing the freeze happen. Your screen will be stuck in a pre drop the puck screen. The linesman will never drop the puck to start gameplay. Btw... the freeze happens on the PS3 as well as the 360. (not sure about the wii)

# 95 savoie2006 @ 11/10/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
People have explained the difference to you between both teams approaches more than once, and given valid reasons why they feel the way they do towards 2k's efforts the last couple cycles, yet you continue this nieve stance on it, and toss out the "EA Fanboy" card anytime someone mentions something you don't have a valid arguement for.

Defending an overall major lack of improvement since coming to next gen hasn't helped squat. Hell even Venom is starting to see that. 2k needs to actually DO what they say the're going to do. When WWTC makes a comment like putting the defensive awareness slider on 100 will make the cpu AI pressure you in the neutral zone pre release, then the game comes out and we find that the def AI is an absolute mess and that statement isn't anywhere near true, not to mention the game is already out that means not much info til 2 weeks before 2k11 hits. Well yeah I think people have a right to be a little teed off about it.

It's great that Shadow is at least attempting some communication though, even if its not the detailed info we'd like to see.
I think the Defensive AI is fine. Yeah the defensemen could be a bit more aggressive, but overall the AI on both sides of the Ice is fine for me. Definately not any worse than EA's. Cups has been chirping in, just not here.

# 96 savoie2006 @ 11/10/09 12:59 AM
Quote:
Yeah the defensemen could be a bit more aggressive
Apparently you missed the part. The goalie head first dive is annoying, but can be controlled somewhat, by lowering the rebound slider. So you sacrafice one part of unrealistic play for another, but at least it gives up fewer easy goals for the Cpu. Complain all you want about 2K's lack of D intelligence, but don't forget, EA's game has its share of unresponsive teammates as well and I don't see you griping so loud about that on the EA forums. I know though, you just like to argue, but we'll just have to disagree.

# 97 phillyfan23 @ 11/10/09 03:42 AM
Quote:
I think the Defensive AI is fine. Yeah the defensemen could be a bit more aggressive, but overall the AI on both sides of the Ice is fine for me. Definately not any worse than EA's. Cups has been chirping in, just not here.
no way it is fine. The cpu d-men in NHL 10 is fine. Not great, but they don't make fundamental flaws like the d-men in 2k do.

What;s weird is that MOST of the times the 2k d-men play great, and realistically aggressive ( better than EA's) but 20 percent of the time, they play like pee-wee hockey d-men.

EA plays consistently decent...never awesome, but for the most part does its job. 2k's d-men errors just kill the game. Check out venom's thread of the d-men flaws at 2khockey forums.

IF and it's a big if, the patch fixes this in 2k10, the d-men play WILL be better than EA's......

if not then the game is unplayable for me.

# 98 savoie2006 @ 11/10/09 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
no way it is fine. The cpu d-men in NHL 10 is fine. Not great, but they don't make fundamental flaws like the d-men in 2k do.

What;s weird is that MOST of the times the 2k d-men play great, and realistically aggressive ( better than EA's) but 20 percent of the time, they play like pee-wee hockey d-men.

EA plays consistently decent...never awesome, but for the most part does its job. 2k's d-men errors just kill the game. Check out venom's thread of the d-men flaws at 2khockey forums.

IF and it's a big if, the patch fixes this in 2k10, the d-men play WILL be better than EA's......

if not then the game is unplayable for me.
I've read it. I didn't say they were perfect, I said that the AI in general is fine by me. It's passable in my books. Does that mean I don't think it needs adjusting? Of course it does and hopefully the patch makes those adjustments. If so, the AI is all the better. Since I've played 2K and EA Hockey and seen much worse Cpu AI, I don't think of 2K10's as all that awful or bad.

# 99 superjew887 @ 11/10/09 11:04 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and giving shadow and the 2k team the benefit of the doubt that this lengthy patch release is due in part because the patch is going to be of great quality.

Unlike EA who released a patch right away and left players wondering "what exactly changed?", I believe this patch is going to have us feeling right from the get-go, "wow! this game is totally revamped".

I'd rather wait out a patch and actually have it be flawless and address a lot of issues then be a quick fix. Hopefully my gut is right on this one. Don't let me down 2k!

# 100 Keirik @ 11/10/09 12:19 PM
i'll still never understand for the life of me why anytime someone has a complaint about THIS game, the first response is always about EA

Who gives a crap what EA is doing. The threads here are about 2K, not EA so enough already. In the EA forum there are very few threads that discuss issues with THAT game turning into something to do with 2k's game, unless it's someone specifically making a thread to say they are giving up on that game and going to try 2k instead.

Some of you guys are hindering the progress of THIS game with that kind of attitude. Keep on going with the "at least it's not like EA doing blah blah blah" nonsense and you give the devs of 2k even more of an excuse to be lackluster in their approach to fix this game. Don't accept poor game flaws in design A because you don't like the competition's design B. Does not make any sense whatsoever.

It's like having a massive leak in your water heater for your own house and responding with "well, at least we're not like the neighbor's house with subpar plumbing so let it leak".

never ceases to amaze me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.