Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Czar has checked in again with another Czarisode. This one featuring NBA 2K10's new post game.

Quote:
"It's big Czar live from Sim Citi bringing you the low down on 2K's new post game for NBA 2K10."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vast @ 10/16/09 07:25 PM
great work czar! help these dudes out. i was having trouble with the up and under myself.

# 22 INVALID @ 10/16/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
great work czar! help these dudes out. i was having trouble with the up and under myself.

You were!? I thought everyone was. I've been killing myself just to be able to do something outside a dang hook or fadeaway Hopefully this will help. Trying it out soon as 'Ville is over.

# 23 youvalss @ 10/16/09 08:22 PM
WOW! The best tutorials ever!!! It's 100 times better than the in-game tutorials. I wish I could watch it while I'm playing, but I play on the PC so...

Thank you so much!

# 24 BlackRome @ 10/16/09 09:22 PM
granddogg: I guarantee you he's not talking about sim players or offline. . He's talking about online.
In the NBA most of the shots are taken outside the paint. Take a look at a real NBA shot chart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=280608002

Online you will find yourself playing 2-3 zone a lot because it's to easy to score in the post. You basically have to sit your center under the rim. They have to make it harder to score in the paint online.

There is no balance in the paint. I played a guy who had 55 of his 65 in the paint in a 5 min game. It's basically unstoppable if that's there mission. In the NBA that would never happen. It's not that easy to score in the paint.
Yet online everyone is rushing to the paint.

That's what made 2k7 and 2k8 great. You couldn't score a ton of points in the paint. Hopefully once they patch the game, tighten up the settings and reduce the lag the game will be fine.

# 25 sirjam @ 10/16/09 09:27 PM
is this on youtube yet? I can't view any vids that aren't on youtube.

# 26 INVALID @ 10/16/09 09:51 PM
Thanks to the poster of this link and creator of the videos. Two days of fadeaway and jump hook and I've finally got something else. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
is this on youtube yet? I can't view any vids that aren't on youtube.

Look all the way through the post, he already posted a Youtube video of this.

# 27 trobinson97 @ 10/16/09 10:49 PM
Wooo, good stuff Czar. Props man. Without you and HMcCoy I'd still be lost right about now.

# 28 marcoyk @ 10/16/09 11:32 PM
You're such a G, Czar. Thanks a lot.

# 29 Bornindamecca @ 10/17/09 01:13 AM
Great stuff, CZ. I haven't even practiced the post up game, because my 19 year old My Player project hasn't refined those skills yet, haha. Good to have this guide as a cheat sheet though. Your vids brought me to OS, and you keep on giving, man.

# 30 sirjam @ 10/17/09 02:12 AM
I went to youtube an couldn't find the video. also I can't see the link that czar put on this thread either. can someone help?

# 31 eDotd @ 10/17/09 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I went to youtube an couldn't find the video. also I can't see the link that czar put on this thread either. can someone help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB7hZyr1MmM

# 32 Keaton @ 10/17/09 06:31 AM
Great Vid Czar, as always. Hope there is more to come on 2k10.

Post game is really great...if only the CPU wouldnt double any post player after a second I could try it outside of training but oh well...

# 33 10yard-Fight @ 10/17/09 12:26 PM
good vid... my post game has been looking pretty solid but you showed me a couple variations i haven't used yet

# 34 sirjam @ 10/17/09 05:05 PM
thanks for the link Mo.

# 35 Sovartus @ 10/17/09 10:40 PM
I'm not impressed fellas. I would need more time with the post but I don't see anything new. I actually see less moves than there was in 2K8. There was just so much more you could do. I think the biggest issue with the "new" post game is that it is so hard to actually initiate the back down sequence due to the lack of control you have over your players. (animation heavy presentation)

I'm not trying to be a party poop but I don't really see much about the post game "improvements" that wasn't already in Live last year. I think there are more animations but it looks like 2K patterned what they are doing after the stuff that EA has already.

# 36 Sovartus @ 10/17/09 11:03 PM
Great video as always Czar. Love your work homie.

# 37 Po Pimp @ 10/17/09 11:31 PM
I really don't see the difference between this year's post game and last year's. All I know is that it's less responsive, not as guaranteed, and that you can do multiple fakes by holding the L trigger. They even took away the ability to raise the ball above your head.

# 38 luv_mist @ 10/18/09 01:43 AM
Haven't gotten in the game like I wanted to but I definitely will be checking this video out again before I hit the training joint. Been so busy since I've gotten 2K10. The game plays so nice. Definitely looking forward to opening up even more opportunities to My Player when the time is right. Man, the foot planting.......

# 39 The 24th Letter @ 10/18/09 02:00 AM
If these post tools were in prior 2k's id LOVE to see it lol

awesome video Czar, post game has OPTIONS, I love it

# 40 VUUAASSHHH! @ 10/18/09 02:05 AM
Nice video, my ninja!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.