Home
NHL 10 News Post

EA Sports posted the NHL 10 title update details.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Rammer here. I want to start by thanking everybody for all the great feedback that we've been receiving via the NHL 10 forums and the NHL 10 twitter feed. Just recently, we talked about our first roster update as well as our new tuner sets that allow us to tune over 2000 variables in gameplay on a nightly basis if we wanted to. We will continue to listen to feedback and tweak gameplay as needed but unfortunately, these tuner sets do not extend outside of gameplay.

So, I want to let you know that we have a Title Update that is currently being tested by Sony and Microsoft. Once we get the final go ahead from them, the update will be made live for you to download. We are hoping both console updates will be available to you by November 5th but the way things work at times, it may be sooner (or potentially later). As I get a more solid confirmation of when the TU will be available, I'll post the info on twitter."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PORTUGESEPIKACHU @ 10/21/09 12:14 AM
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...e-details.aspx

I suggest adding this to the thread:

Quote:
Hey everyone, Rammer here. I want to start by thanking everybody for all the great feedback that we've been receiving via the NHL 10 forums and the NHL 10 twitter feed. Just recently, we talked about our first roster update as well as our new tuner sets that allow us to tune over 2000 variables in gameplay on a nightly basis if we wanted to. We will continue to listen to feedback and tweak gameplay as needed but unfortunately, these tuner sets do not extend outside of gameplay.
So, I want to let you know that we have a Title Update that is currently being tested by Sony and Microsoft. Once we get the final go ahead from them, the update will be made live for you to download. We are hoping both console updates will be available to you by November 5th but the way things work at times, it may be sooner (or potentially later). As I get a more solid confirmation of when the TU will be available, I'll post the info on twitter.
Here are a couple of the key fixes that we've made in the Title Update:
Fixed the exploit to slap-shot a 5-hole goal from below the face-off circle.
  • Although our goalies are much improved in NHL 10, there was an exploit when shooting from below the face-off circle that resulted in a goal more often than not. The goalies are now tuned to better handle shots from this area.
Increased speed of passes with Manual passing on.
  • This year we added Hardcore Passing (manual passing) that gave you total control of your pass speed and direction. Overall, the new passing was well received but the consensus was that you should be able to pass the puck harder and that the bottom-end speed was too slow. We've increased the bottom-end speed so the passes are crisper and also increased the top-end slightly as well.
Reduced the ability to boardplay players who are far away from you.
  • It was a little unrealistic being able to 'suck' a player into boardplay as he was skating away from you so we've made it much harder to pin a player that is skating away. The further he is from you, the less likely you'll be able to boardplay him.
Tuning of trade logic.
  • Too many superstars were being offered up for trades so we've dialed this back along with reducing how often players are repeatedly offered up for trade.
Added the ability for a user to apply boost slots to authentic helmets.
  • We've added the ability to apply boost slots to an authentic helmet so users can get the benefit of the boosts without having to wear a helmet with a design on it.
Here are some of the other main fixes that will be in the Title Update:
  • Fixed the bug that would make a player sometimes exit pass blocking (L1/LT) when they got close to their goalie.
  • Fixed the bug that would prevent offline Be a Pro player from getting ice-time in some situations.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen on delayed penalty shots.
  • Improved logic for how fighting affects teamplay scores in Be a Pro.
  • Prevent L1/LT from allowing players to bypass stumble animations.
  • Improvements to goalies to reduce 5-hole goals in some contexts.
  • Tuned thresholds for injuries from hard shots.
  • Added the ability to escape a prefight circle by pressing L2/LB.
  • Fixed the bug that made it possible to "shoot" a puck slowly out of the one-handed animation such that nobody could pick it up.
  • Improved goalie aggressiveness when poking the puck on cross-crease passes.
  • Improved the ability of defencemen are able to do puck pickups behind them to help defend cross-crease passes.
  • Reduced the ability to stuff the puck through the goalie by running into him without shooting (most common on wraparounds and reaching puck pickups).
  • Reduced accidental interference in front of net.
  • Fixed the offline Be a Pro line-change bug where the player is stuck at the bench.
  • Prevent slap passes from being deflected at large angles.
  • Fixed the bug where the goalie does not react to a shot if he's banging his stick on the ice to signal the end of a penalty.
  • Fixed the bug that makes flip dumps to the middle of the offensive zone go over the glass frequently.
  • Fixed the bug that makes CPU center win draws to the the same side all of the time.
  • Fixed the bug in the stat tracking of passing.
  • Prevent accidental saucer passes after receiving the puck while trying to poke check (because both actions are on R1/RT).
  • Tuning to reduce occurrence of tripping penalties when the player being tripped is stationary or moving slowly.
  • Tuning to game logic to make it a little easier to stay up on the NHL team during 4-game trial in BAP.
  • Many other changes to improve our ability to refine the gameplay tuning with via tuner sets.
That's it for now. Join some of the developers and I during next week's NHL 10 Community Playdate where we will also have a Live Chat set up to discuss this and anything else NHL 10 related. Look out for more details on that soon!
I want to wrap up by wishing good luck to the all the EASHL teams that are battling it out for supremacy this October season. September was a great start and October is looking to be pretty exciting finish right to the end of the month!
Sean

# 2 Myloman @ 10/21/09 12:18 AM
Quote:
Reduced the ability to boardplay players who are far away from you.
  • It was a little unrealistic being able to 'suck' a player into boardplay as he was skating away from you so we've made it much harder to pin a player that is skating away. The further he is from you, the less likely you'll be able to boardplay him.

Added the ability for a user to apply boost slots to authentic helmets.
  • We've added the ability to apply boost slots to an authentic helmet so users can get the benefit of the boosts without having to wear a helmet with a design on it.
Those are the two best things in my opinion.

# 3 Panther84 @ 10/21/09 12:51 AM
Guess a custom goal horn slot might make it next year...still some good changes in the patch

# 4 mkharsh33 @ 10/21/09 01:02 AM
wonder if they are aware of the kane / toews free agency issue (just to name a couple players)? we've got another thread on this...

# 5 BlueNGold @ 10/21/09 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
wonder if they are aware of the kane / toews free agency issue (just to name a couple players)? we've got another thread on this...
I really hope they fixed that. Glad they fixed the trade logic though.

# 6 Johan @ 10/21/09 01:47 AM
Maybe a little off-topic but, do you have to start a new franchise for the patch to have effect?

# 7 Steven547 @ 10/21/09 02:02 AM
Wonder if they are even going to address the sim engine?

# 8 Vikes1 @ 10/21/09 03:40 AM
Great to hear their still refining the game.

Tuning the trade logic is a big one. Thanks for the info.

# 9 phillyfan23 @ 10/21/09 05:56 AM
even with the new patch...simmed STANDINGS will be messed up. Really disappointing.....

I guess we have to get used to seeing the Islanders and the Blue Jackets be the division leaders in dynasty mode.

# 10 savoie2006 @ 10/21/09 07:08 AM
I would love to see the Cpu Aggressiveness on Offense tuned up a bit in the future. I think they spend too much time skating around in the neutral zone if pressured at all. Also the back and forth passing could be toned down if possible. Good to see the changes they have made however. It's nice that we are getting these kind of updates for the game. It keeps me on board that's for sure.

# 11 Splitter77 @ 10/21/09 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
How about real sliders that work all of the time and how about toning down cpu beserker mode on All star or higher .
Or at least a option to have game based on sliders and not just forced on and off AI or better yet a option to play with 09 sliders .
there is no beserker mode. I think you just suck at the game.

# 12 Fiddy @ 10/21/09 08:15 AM
finally, will be able to wear regular helmets online.

# 13 savoie2006 @ 10/21/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
there is no beserker mode. I think you just suck at the game.
100% not necessary. There are points during games where you kinda feel helpless in stopping the Cpu, especially if you play on Superstar Difficulty. A point where you just kind have to sit back and hope they don't score. Yeah, it's just the Cpu cranking up the pressure, but it seems alot of times when this happens it's near impossible to get the puck out of your zone.

# 14 Qb @ 10/21/09 08:32 AM
First of all, dorismary, please stop filling thread after thread with the same stuff about cheating AI and beserker mode. I have no interest in debating whether or not it's there, but the dead horse has been beaten enough, you (and others) have made your point.

Quote:
Increased speed of passes with Manual passing on.

* This year we added Hardcore Passing (manual passing) that gave you total control of your pass speed and direction. Overall, the new passing was well received but the consensus was that you should be able to pass the puck harder and that the bottom-end speed was too slow. We've increased the bottom-end speed so the passes are crisper and also increased the top-end slightly as well.
Excited to see this one, as I really enjoy manual passing offline. I love being able to put a nice soft slow pass into someone's wheelhouse for a one-timer on the umbrella PP. Hopefully now we'll be able to make a good hard pass as well.

As for the other stuff, the helmet boost slots is good, if for no other reason than matching colors. Also glad to see reduction in tripping of stationary players (that's pretty damn hard to do IRL if you're not trying to) and something to address the bad angle slap-pass deflections. This one has me scratching my head:

Quote:
Improved the ability of defencemen are able to do puck pickups behind them to help defend cross-crease passes.
Obviously a typo there, but even beyond that, I wonder exactly how "puck pickups behind them" is going to work. Seems like this situation should trigger an auto-poke/deflection of the puck rather than a defender gaining control of it.

Anyways, good to see some concrete details and continued post-release support by the dev team.

# 15 Splitter77 @ 10/21/09 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
100% not necessary. There are points during games where you kinda feel helpless in stopping the Cpu, especially if you play on Superstar Difficulty. A point where you just kind have to sit back and hope they don't score. Yeah, it's just the Cpu cranking up the pressure, but it seems alot of times when this happens it's near impossible to get the puck out of your zone.
That happens in the NHL as well.
Besides- I was more making it a point because he posts that in every thread.

# 16 matt8204 @ 10/21/09 10:14 AM
Hopefully the goal variety online is addressed. Everyone looks for cross-crease one-timers and fat rebounds because it's very difficult to score on clean wrist shots and slap shots. Makes the game pretty boring when people are doing the same thing constantly.

# 17 Lenkbron @ 10/21/09 10:30 AM
If Redshirt is following this thread, i really like what the patch does, but did the problem i told you about got fixed, the problem with Camera "Home Up"/"Away Up"? It doesn't work when playing with 2 uder controlled teams on the same console, it's still alternating.

# 18 plaidchuck @ 10/21/09 12:26 PM
How about CPU offensive variety and goal variety.

I'm tired of the yawn fest of the CPU mageticly hugging the boards passing it back and forth to the point.

Make goalie sliders and attribute effect sliders more effective, at the same time less of the ridiculous rebounds on the blocker side.

# 19 tyler289 @ 10/21/09 12:30 PM
The only issue that wasn't listed that concerns me is CPU free agency that we've discussed at length in another thread. Hopefully, the trade logic has some kind of effect. It's doubtful, but whatever.

Love the other changes.

# 20 jyoung @ 10/21/09 01:00 PM
Looks like another good patch from the NHL team.

Now if we can just get those CPU goalies tweaked to let in a few more clean shots, we'll be in business.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.