Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just plugged in NBA Live 10 and received the patch. What's in the patch you ask? Read all about it, right here.

Make sure you post your impressions here.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 821 Ballatician @ 11/30/09 03:17 AM
I came in here to type the same thing lol. I'm getting to that point I was last year when I started to play Live 09 heavy. The other game is starting to feel like the same car with a new coat of paint again and I'm craving something different. I noticed the thread about the devs not being available anymore because they are working on next year's game. Is the second patch still coming out??

# 822 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/30/09 07:33 AM
Even with some of the issues Live has it's still a much more enjoyable game than the other NBA title as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if another patch is coming or not, but I'd rather them take their time and get it right then throw together something with more problems.

# 823 ataman5 @ 11/30/09 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Even with some of the issues Live has it's still a much more enjoyable game than the other NBA title as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if another patch is coming or not, but I'd rather them take their time and get it right then throw together something with more problems.
^^
Exactly i would rather have a patch mid january then to have more problems early.

That's what Football manager does every year releasing a final patch with nearly all the problems solved in february. Maybe for Nba it could be Trade deadline time etc.

# 824 ehh @ 11/30/09 10:26 AM
Saw this move for the first time, too bad I missed the shot.

# 825 Super Glock @ 11/30/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I came in here to type the same thing lol. I'm getting to that point I was last year when I started to play Live 09 heavy. The other game is starting to feel like the same car with a new coat of paint again and I'm craving something different. I noticed the thread about the devs not being available anymore because they are working on next year's game. Is the second patch still coming out??
Yes the patch is still coming out according to one of developers that pm me

# 826 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/30/09 12:43 PM
What did they say?

# 827 JVal3208 @ 11/30/09 12:53 PM
I really hope this patch comes soon. As much as i'm trying to like it, there are just too many issues. Until then, I'll be playing "the other game" as you guys like to say.

# 828 Ballatician @ 11/30/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Yes the patch is still coming out according to one of developers that pm me
Nice!

# 829 carnalnirvana @ 12/02/09 07:06 AM
i am at the breaking point with this game, when live is good i rather play it but blind loyalty is stupidity and college hoops is in full swing maybe time to bust out ch2k8...

i have edited every rating every dna category and still cant get a guy like boozer to post up consistentely, or howard. i dont know what to edit anymore the dna puts them in the right place but they dont follow any real life tendencies when in the right spots...

the damn fade aways are so annoying i have seen guys wide open doing fade aways or guys who have no jumper as soon as they feel some post contact doing fade aways its rediculous

i know the game is not rated well(IMO) and i have done my best to re rate teams but its not the ratings its bad coding,

making threads bashing the game and calling out EA is not my thing but i see why others have doing it and why other loyalists have jumped ship this game has so much potential and good ideas that are being implemented at a snails pace or in some cases just plain wrong

tyson chandler is not a spot up consistent jump shooter, what league yall watching..........

# 830 Super Glock @ 12/02/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
What did they say?
this was the pm from blackflash83 a few days ago "The second update is coming for sure but I don't have a concrete date since they're getting ready to submit the update to both Microsoft and Sony. When I have more info I'll be sure to let all of you know."

# 831 23 @ 12/02/09 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
What did they say?
There was a thread he started in ths forum some time ago. Just do a search for title update

# 832 23 @ 12/02/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i am at the breaking point with this game, when live is good i rather play it but blind loyalty is stupidity and college hoops is in full swing maybe time to bust out ch2k8...

i have edited every rating every dna category and still cant get a guy like boozer to post up consistentely, or howard. i dont know what to edit anymore the dna puts them in the right place but they dont follow any real life tendencies when in the right spots...

the damn fade aways are so annoying i have seen guys wide open doing fade aways or guys who have no jumper as soon as they feel some post contact doing fade aways its rediculous

i know the game is not rated well(IMO) and i have done my best to re rate teams but its not the ratings its bad coding,

making threads bashing the game and calling out EA is not my thing but i see why others have doing it and why other loyalists have jumped ship this game has so much potential and good ideas that are being implemented at a snails pace or in some cases just plain wrong

tyson chandler is not a spot up consistent jump shooter, what league yall watching..........

Its sad that this didnt work out for neither you nor playmakers

Just too bad because as is this game is a lost cause.

# 833 carnalnirvana @ 12/02/09 01:09 PM
i am now waiting for the 2nd patch, hopefully they tweak some gameplay aspects and not just the bugs....

i have fun with this game but i cant run a dynasty with the issues i am seeing

# 834 23 @ 12/02/09 02:07 PM
Same man, but im not playing it anymore. I cant get through long before it starts getting ridiculous.

# 835 goldisheavy @ 12/03/09 08:45 PM
At the end of the day, I've been had by EA's marketing efforts.

Its a sub par product.

# 836 brahmagoul @ 12/04/09 12:25 AM
I really want to sit down one night and play a few games because after work I usually find myself putting in 2K since the patches. A lot of the games are starting to feel the same to me. Anyone else feel like this?

# 837 richie923 @ 12/04/09 10:48 AM
Hey guys, I know this isn't impressions but a question...I didn't want to make a new thread.

I am considering getting this game for Christmas, but you guys keep saying this game is fun but has issues (I guess even after the patch).

What I want to know is what are the main issues you guys are having with this game? And, are they game killers?

I love the NBA and really would like to know if Live is worth getting this year. Thanks in advance. It is the PS3 version, if that makes any difference.

# 838 carnalnirvana @ 12/04/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
Hey guys, I know this isn't impressions but a question...I didn't want to make a new thread.

I am considering getting this game for Christmas, but you guys keep saying this game is fun but has issues (I guess even after the patch).

What I want to know is what are the main issues you guys are having with this game? And, are they game killers?

I love the NBA and really would like to know if Live is worth getting this year. Thanks in advance. It is the PS3 version, if that makes any difference.

well, gamekillers there is 1, the OT glitch it should be patched hopefully.

the game has issues that prevent it from being truly authentic nba action, if you are a nitpicking sim seeker like me then after 20 games you will feel the game has potential and is incomplete....

if you read my earlier post it can be misleading to the casual fan, the game is great if you are a casual baller, an example of something that bugs me is T. duncan's game. i would like his scoring to be varied such as 7 post up drives, 4 jumpers, 5 put backs just varied from game to game depending on how the flow is going BUT THIS game seems hardwired to make him spot up EVERYGAME or score off putbacks i mean 20 points off putting up off rebs, you dont get the dynamic gameplay of dealing with a guy with many offensive skills sets and tendencies

if this is not a huge factor to you then go ahead its a good game

# 839 Chairman7w @ 12/04/09 12:29 PM
Richie, I can only speak for myself, and frankly, I really, really, like this game.

I don't feel the issues people speak of are nearly as big a deal as they make them out to be. I'm not nearly as picky as some others.

I play on Pro Level with a few slider tweaks (I increase the CPU shooting, increase their rebouning a bit, turn down steals a bit, etc), and I'm having a blast with the game. (Note - I don't play online, so I can't comment on that)

The stars play like the stars (Wade and Beasley KILLED me last night in the Dynamic Season game agains Denver - I lost by 2 in OT), the playcallng is fantastic, graphics & sound are great, atmosphere is best of any sports game....

I could go on...

Is it perfect? No - but nothing is. I think it's great though.

# 840 carnalnirvana @ 12/04/09 12:40 PM
chairman, how is the cpu post game on pro for you, i lent out my copy until next week.

do they post up for extended time or its the dreded fadeaway as soon as contact is made

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.