Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 countryboy @ 11/15/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I attempted a few bank shots in the pregame shoot around, but it was very inconsistent. Is it like NBA Live where you have to move the LS in any direction while shooting the ball?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
What do we hit for banks shots?
yep blackngold...thats how its done.

Stevedrum...to do a bank shot, press the L stick in any direction while releasing the shot to attempt a bank shot.

# 302 countryboy @ 11/15/09 07:12 PM
has anyone had an illegal screen called? I'm hoping this was brought over from Live.

# 303 countryboy @ 11/15/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Hey thanks for the instruction on the bank shots, I was not quite sure how to do them.

I have played alot of games on the demo and I have not seen an illegal screen called, maybe its in the game and not the demo?
n/p...I will warn you that the bank shots feel a little "inconsistent" meaning that it doesn't always seem to work although I think I'm doing it correctly.

And I'm hoping they are in. The one thing that I want in basketball games is more off the ball fouls. Rarely do you have to manage foul trouble because every foul is on the ball. Over the back, blocking players in motion, holding, riding out in the post, etc....are fouls that I would love to see be added.

Hockey games are the best games in my opinion of actually portraying the vast array of penalties the sport includes.

# 304 shindiana @ 11/15/09 07:21 PM
Quote:
This game last year was a mess with dynasty progression, recruiting, and base rosters. I am waiting to find out how this is improved. I spent hours tying to adjust the rosters last year in my dynasty, not going through that again. I recall one incident in which I recruited the number one player in the country, and Maryland Baltimore county had a junior on their roster that had higher ratings in almost every category.
Wow, thats brutal.
I hate to bring CH2K8 but I loved how recruiting was balanced in this game. I mean, you didn't have 5 stars center coming into your dynasty every year for example. I wish they have the same approach for NCAA B 10.

# 305 countryboy @ 11/15/09 07:30 PM
Quote:
I agree too, Anything to add more realism to the game is a plus in my book. I would like sometimes to have foul trouble to test my teams depth and to cause my coach to have to adjust my substitution patterns.
I know last year you could adjust the number of fouls it took to foul a player out, but I didn't adjust it. I may experiment with it this year as I name rosters, just to see if 4 fouls would force teams to have to use their depth and manage their roster beyond fatigue.

# 306 ehh @ 11/15/09 10:55 PM
Freestyle passing seems so much more accurate in this game than Live.

And I did some testing with the 2-3 zone, if EA could ever get the CPU's offense to read the D vs man-to-man like they read it against the zone in this game then this game would take a huge step forward.

# 307 eamuscatuli15 @ 11/16/09 12:17 PM
WILL U B ABLE TO PLAY ALL GAMES OR JUST USER CONTROLLED TEAMS GAMES WITHIN DYNASTY MODE???

# 308 countryboy @ 11/16/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamuscatuli15
WILL U B ABLE TO PLAY ALL GAMES OR JUST USER CONTROLLED TEAMS GAMES WITHIN DYNASTY MODE???
you can only play as 1 team during dynasty mode.

# 309 VTPack919 @ 11/16/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamuscatuli15
I DN'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABT!!!

# 310 23 @ 11/16/09 06:24 PM
Taking the sticky down since release is tomrrow

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.