Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 07:22 PM
This could've been a fluke since it only happened one game, but I went into a 2-3 zone, and for those 2 minutes all Duke shots was 3s, and like 3 of them were fade-aways. I went on to crush them. Anyone else have this happen.

# 82 countryboy @ 11/05/09 07:28 PM
is the 2-3 zone too overly effective again this year?

# 83 ty5oke @ 11/05/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
This could've been a fluke since it only happened one game, but I went into a 2-3 zone, and for those 2 minutes all Duke shots was 3s, and like 3 of them were fade-aways. I went on to crush them. Anyone else have this happen.
They definitely take some questionable shots against the 2-3 zone.

# 84 warnerwlf98 @ 11/05/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfanatic1
I would wait; the same thing happened to me when I uploaded a longer video and it finally went through. Could you post a link here when it's processed?
I'm also posting to wegame.com right now to see if that works. I'll provide links when they're done.

# 85 htfdthewhale @ 11/05/09 07:45 PM
Are only a few people experiencing hiccups? I get 3-5 pretty solid (stopped, no sound, and completely throws off that play's rythm) hiccups a quarter.

# 86 countryboy @ 11/05/09 07:56 PM
when playing the 2-3 zone, are you guys getting too many pass intercepts? This was an issue last year and I'm hoping its been corrected.

# 87 IgotSyphillis @ 11/05/09 08:03 PM
So in last years game there was this glitch/bug/whatever you want to call it where any shot that was going in had a higher arc than any shot that was missing. After playing for a little while you were always able to tell if a shot was going in or missing right after the release. It ruined the game for me (not being a d-bag, it really did). I have a ps3 and wont see a demo till after release (because that makes sense) but my question to those who have the demo and noticed the bug last year: Is it still in the game?

# 88 green94 @ 11/05/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
when playing the 2-3 zone, are you guys getting too many pass intercepts? This was an issue last year and I'm hoping its been corrected.
Oh jesus, please say no. #1 reason why I got rid of this game last year. Terrible bug.

# 89 HustlinOwl @ 11/05/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
So in last years game there was this glitch/bug/whatever you want to call it where any shot that was going in had a higher arc than any shot that was missing. After playing for a little while you were always able to tell if a shot was going in or missing right after the release. It ruined the game for me (not being a d-bag, it really did). I have a ps3 and wont see a demo till after release (because that makes sense) but my question to those who have the demo and noticed the bug last year: Is it still in the game?
Jab said this has been fixed for 10

# 90 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/05/09 08:12 PM
I can't say that I'm overwhelmed by the demo from my first couple of games. It doesn't have the same polish that Live does. It seems like everyone on the floor moves quickly. I was running around with the centers from both teams and they didn't feel too much different from my other players. Commentary is garbage. If I cop this I'd have to turn it off like in Madden.

I play with baseline high in Live and they don't have that in this game. They have similar views but they are too far back. The one thing I do like about this game is how crisp the analog passing is. It seems to always hit your man on target. However, at this point that alone wouldn't be enough to make me pick this up. I'll have to give it some more burn later..

# 91 ty5oke @ 11/05/09 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Only played 2 games in a zone, didn't see anything out of the ordinary in regards to intercepting passes. Small sample though.

# 92 rockchisler @ 11/05/09 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Jab said this has been fixed for 10
it was in live 09 also but it was confirmed fixed like 9 months ago....

# 93 SageInfinite @ 11/05/09 08:56 PM
Same bs as live.

# 94 Flightwhite24 @ 11/05/09 09:31 PM
Not feeling this game at all. 2K10 will be my B-ball fix for this year. Very disappointed again.

# 95 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Not feeling this game at all. 2K10 will be my B-ball fix for this year. Very disappointed again.
haha didn't notice the great defense change? JK though. Thats your choice and I completely understand it.

The reason I am loving this game, is it lets me play defense the way I wanna play it. On the other game, I had to be the Center and stop all the cutters that were wide open since people went off to double team everybody. And there were no contact animations.

In this game, I can play off-ball and try and shut down their top scorer. I can try and deny ball and not worry too much about help D. If my man gets beat I will help, but I'm not going to double team because my CPU teammates can hold their own.

Also for the 2-3 zone thing, I have not seen tons of steals. But the CPU takes some questionable shots. I murdered the CPU with a zone, 15-3.

# 96 vanderbiltfan87 @ 11/05/09 10:22 PM
I'm liking the demo, even more so than Live. Like most, I'm awaiting dynasty details.

I think EA did a great job with the college atmosphere. Hopefully next year they will try to add a lot more of the gyms/arenas to make the atmosphere even better. Who doesn't want to go on a scoring run in their home gym and hear Gus go nuts?

# 97 AuburnAlumni @ 11/05/09 10:38 PM
So I played the demo.

The presentation is top notch. Very impressive.

It's fun...don't get me wrong...but something about EA sports attempts at animating Basketball moves just irks me.

The shooting animations pale in comparison to both NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k IMO. They just seem a tad jerky and "off" to me. Not as realistic looking as the 2k series.

I feel like a have very solid control over my players in the demo. Also...I played on All American and I don't think Duke missed a shot against me in 3 games.

Overall a fun demo...but the gameplay doesn't "wow" me near as much as the presentation does.

It will be interesting to see which BBall I play more of....my dynasty in EA NCAA BBall or my association in NBA 2k.

# 98 BlueNGold @ 11/05/09 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

It's fun...don't get me wrong...but something about EA sports attempts at animating Basketball moves just irks me.

The shooting animations pale in comparison to both NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k IMO. They just seem a tad jerky and "off" to me. Not as realistic looking as the 2k series.
This is definitely something that I've noticed and disliked about Live/NCAA. The animations just aren't on par with the other game's animations. They are getting better though.

One thing I have to say is automatic boxouts are kind of annoying.

# 99 Zeppelin8 @ 11/06/09 12:33 AM
I wonder if CPU takes bad shots against all zone schemes?

I understand that they do against 2-3. Even if the ''CPU against zone turnovers'' is fixed, we still can't play 2-3 zone because CPU takes bad shots ?

# 100 jcofor25 @ 11/06/09 01:09 AM
Along with BlueNGold & AuburnAlumni, I haven't really like EA's basketball animations. While they have improved drastically since MM08, its still not smooth enough. Its seems like there is a fluid animation then it goes back to programming. They have the presentation down packed, but the gameplay still needs some work.
EA has definitely raised the bar for sports games that are looking to encorporte networks graphics(aren't they the only one?). I really really really like the personal info overlay at the freethrow line. When it gets 4-5 years down the road in legacy, I really start to get to know the players on the team (hometown, first AND last names, and now major?!?).

I thought I would never ever hear two different sets on commentary in the same game. This helps keep you from hearing the same commentary over and over and over and over...(Madden 10 is notorious for this!!!!)
On the graphics side of the game its beautiful, but if your looking for a 2k CHoops replacement, you might want to keep this one on the bench until next year(no pun intended)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.