Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the 360. Please post all your impressions here.

The PS3 patch will be released at a later date.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 eNgIeS @ 11/06/09 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Can someone make a mental note about assist #'s and how they are rewarded? 2K said they were toning them down.
got an achievement for over 30 assists in my game with a game score 97 and hardly any free throw pts. is that bad?

# 62 toneloc103 @ 11/06/09 08:19 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can save your settings online now? Or if you make a roster change in an online league does it keep your save now?

# 63 BSull532 @ 11/06/09 08:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is any way to upload the patch if your XBox is not connected to the internet?

# 64 eNgIeS @ 11/06/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Pretty sure you're up a creek without a paddle
I noticed a file called "Game Data" in my system directory for nba 2k10. Could that possible be the patch

Anyway i dont see how people cant just hook it up to there net u just need a silver acc to get it people

# 65 Rockafella2x @ 11/06/09 08:25 AM
anyone else xbox freeze whenever they try to start a myplayer gm?
also when trying a pick up game when it shows 'exhanging data' my xbox freezes

I was in the middle of a playoff gm when i downloaded the patch went into the gm finished it and now I cant start another one

# 66 kgbrolic @ 11/06/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Cash
Im loving this **** right now, I hopped straight into a ranked game and off rip the dude I was playing tried the lead pass on 4 straight posessions, it did not work once, so I quickly bounced to a 21-4 lead, starting the 2nd quarter dude was still trying the lead pass until I was up 30, dude quit about halfway through the 2nd and sent me a message saying "so your system is modded", lol, this ***** thought my ststem was modded cause hge could not cheat the game no more, I went on to check dudes record, he was 36 and 7, mostlikely won all them games off the lead pass. Its a wrap now, **** is finally SIM, holla back fellas, im bout to get it in.

YES!!! Cheesers BEWARE! I bet the top 10 players drop down in ranks immediately...probably tonight!

# 67 LastEncore @ 11/06/09 08:37 AM
Crew Matches.

Just Played four of them. 4-0.

Alley Oops are near impossible if any man is attached to you. You must be clear to put them up now.

Inside Scoring is much better. Every time there was contact all over the inside neutral zone scorer. A 6'8 SF Blocked a 7'5 Cheeser. Amazing it was.

The overall Framerate is much better. Each game played much smoother. All four seemed to have similar speeds. My jumpshot seemed to match up much more closely instead of having to do it from memory. I can visually shoot it now. At any rate. It's much better.

Also, Pick-Up games do work. Sorta. And I was able to play those 4 matches in a row without a disconnect at the start.

On the 5th game though I was disconnected but my teammates were able to go on without me. I was disconnected before the tip off. Network error. But every thing else seemed fine.

My player.

I received all my lost drills. 17 Popped up randomly. Added that to much needed speed and 3pt shooting. Overall the mode is much improved although I ran into a glitch that allowed me to control the entire team... overall this is the game they should have released...

# 68 BSull532 @ 11/06/09 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Pretty sure you're up a creek without a paddle
What if I brought my hard drive and disc to a buddy's who is on the net, do you think that would work?

# 69 Perfect23 @ 11/06/09 08:44 AM
Is 2KShare still freezing?

# 70 franzis @ 11/06/09 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNgIeS
The CPU was attempting Alley Oops or passes inside, thank god the defense actually doesnt play as dumb and intercepts them, but still concerned it still attempted to do them a number of times. Its like they didnt reduce the alley oop attempts as much as they just made it easier to intercept
I'm fine with this. Reducing alley success rate was addressed for online play. For CPU, you still have the alley ferquency slider

Quote:
The computer still scored pretty easy in the post, in fact Boris Diaw scored 10 of the bobcats first points from gliding or backing down into the post on thomas and despite several double teams still making it
I'm not fine with this. Anyone else can confirm?

# 71 kingofdasouf14 @ 11/06/09 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
i know this may be unimportant to many and it wasnt mentioned in the list of fixes but was anything done with the socks?

can someone check to see if sock color is editable again and if long socks glitch to black still?

also is red still pink?
Socks are still black....

# 72 Kully @ 11/06/09 08:55 AM
Still having a few issues with pickup games, but I was at least able to play a few this time.

# 73 DubTrey1 @ 11/06/09 08:58 AM
D is absolutely better than prior to the patch. The rotations off of double teams and PnR's is the first thing I tried and is noticeable. Also more passes on fast breaks by the CPU are batted and caught instead of completely rolling out of bounds for an automatic turnover....

# 74 Gmoney2002 @ 11/06/09 09:01 AM
Game plays much better for sure.
Sliders are all at default:

One thing I noticed right away were that players were not fatiguing(THREE bars or less) as quickly as they did prepatch. It took almost until the end of the quarter before my players began to fatigue(THREE bars or less). Similar to 2k9. I had no problems with this turbo/fatigue system prepatch but I guess a lot of community did.

Will need a larger sample size before I consider this confirmed though.

Mentioned already but I love how almost every shot in the paint, if an opposing player is there, triggers contact animations. Again it's been mentioned but shooting sliders will still require tweaking post patch but minor tweaks.

Speaking of animations, I also noticed that the "blow by after a pump fake" and "low dribble pass a defender" animations have been removed. I'm wondering if they're only triggered by high-rated players or they've been removed completely.

# 75 DC @ 11/06/09 09:03 AM
Quote:
got an achievement for over 30 assists in my game with a game score 97 and hardly any free throw pts. is that bad?
More interested in the assist/fg ratio

# 76 DW3 @ 11/06/09 09:04 AM
Like my man man Clark Kellog says, "This Game Is Much In The Clutch"! What a difference a patch makes! If the game would have shipped like the post patch plays, this game wouldve been crowned the best simulation ever! I am very pleased with the fixes.

Control is like night and day before and after the patch.

Pick and roll defense(CPU) is definitely smarter. I played an NBA Today game, Heat vs Nuggets, every time i ran a pick n roll with dwade, the hedged(showed) to prevent me from going over the top of the screen!

Shooting % are alot realisticin the paint! Shooting in general feels tighter. Not a tight as 2k9, but still a huge improvement over prepatch 2k10.

Defensive rotations are waaaaaaay better!

Post up game with no lag..........amazing!

Im ready to start my chise now! Thanks 2k! All joking aside, this is the most complete, NBA game i have played. Its still a video game as we all know, but every game i feel like i get sucked in more and more! I cannot go to sleep at night without playing "just one more game"!

Like Kanye's song says: "Its Amazing, So Amazing"!!

# 77 triballeo @ 11/06/09 09:07 AM
I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to download the patch. Can anyone who was having severe framerate/lag issues tell me whether 2k cam is fixed in the laggiest stadiums (Dallas, LA)?

It'd be much appreciated!

PS. The impressions thread at 2ksports is really sad, don't bother going over there if you need any kind of helpful information.

# 78 DubTrey1 @ 11/06/09 09:10 AM
The low post moves now seem on point - You can really draw contact for fouls now.... Did not see this at all before the patch. Both Off. and Def. fouls seem more tuned when trying to work moves in the post. i was Al Jefferson up against U.Haslem and got him on an up and under one possession - On the next, I tried it and I got called for a charge. He switched positions mid shake and I caught him with too much body

This game is shaping up nicely.

# 79 BroMontana82 @ 11/06/09 09:15 AM
1. Has the Auto-Double Team disaster been fixed?
2. Do players still pass out of drives to the lane way too often?
3. I see that people are saying defensive rotations are better. Does this apply to AI players on user controlled teams?
4. Can someone elaborate on physical play and animations in the paint? Does this just occur a lot more often?
5. Are assists being counted more realistically now?

# 80 drewbaby1414 @ 11/06/09 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Can someone make a mental note about assist #'s and how they are rewarded? 2K said they were toning them down.

Still a problem...played 10 min game on all-star and the computer was dropping dimes like crazy.....38 assistis on 44 field goals made. They definilty did not get this one in the patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.