Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

New World-Class Fighters and Commentary Team Also Announced

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - November 6, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that STRIKEFORCE, a world-class mixed martial arts fight promotion, will be featured as a premier league in the upcoming EA SPORTS™ MMA video game. In addition, Brett Rogers and Jake Shields, both of whom will be competing in the STRIKEFORCE and M-1 Global co-promoted fight on November 7 (broadcasted live by CBS), join the EA SPORTS MMA roster of fighters.

With this partnership, the STRIKEFORCE cage and the league’s commentary team of Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo, as well as ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr., will be incorporated into the game. Legendary mixed martial arts referee “Big John” McCarthy will preside over the in-ring action and bring his knowledge and experience in MMA to help deliver a truly authentic MMA experience.

"We are honored that EA SPORTS has selected STRIKEFORCE to serve as a premier league in its forthcoming MMA title,” said STRIKEFORCE President Scott Coker. “EA SPORTS has long been recognized by gamers as a highly innovative, ground breaking provider of sports gaming entertainment. We are confident that EA SPORTS MMA will function as a great ambassador for STRIKEFORCE's fighters and effectively promote our sport to a new audience as well as to longtime fight fans."

“We are very excited to be working with STRIKEFORCE and feature them as a premier league in our game,” said Executive Producer Dale Jackson. “They have a wealth of mixed martial arts expertise, put on great shows and have a great stable of top-notch fighters. Together we look forward to growing the sport and delivering an immersive interactive gaming experience.”

Tomorrow night’s STRIKEFORCE fight, to be broadcast on national network television by CBS, will undoubtedly be one of the most watched mixed martial arts fights in history. EA SPORTS MMA fighter roster will feature four of the main card’s fighters, including Fedor Emelianenko, Brett Rogers, Jake Shields and Jason Miller.

Brett Rogers is preparing for the biggest fight of his career as he gets set to take on Fedor Emelianenko tomorrow night. A 6’5”, 265 pound heavyweight, Brett is currently undefeated and holds a record of 10-0-0. In his last fight, he knocked out Andrei Arlovski in just 22 seconds in the first round of action.

Jake Shields, a native Californian, will be taking on Jason “Mayhem” Miller for the STRIKEFORCE middleweight title. This 5’11”, 170 pound fighter, holds a current record of 23-4-1 and comes into tomorrow night’s middleweight title bout with a 12-fight winning streak. He is also the first and last Elite XC Welterweight champion and holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Also slated to appear on the fighter roster for EA SPORTS MMA are STRIKEFORCE stars Jason “Mayhem” Miller and Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal. Miller and Lawal were announced via a video last month during their visit to the development studio.

EA SPORTS MMA will feature the most authentic, intense and broad mixed martial arts experience to date – complete with a vast array of top fighters and fighting styles from around the world. EA SPORTS MMA will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in 2010.

For more information about EA SPORTS MMA, visit www.easportsmma.com or follow the game on Twitter at www.twitter.com/easportsmma and Facebook at www.facebook.com/easportsmma.

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Stumbleweed @ 11/06/09 02:26 PM
Seemed inevitable. Dana will be pissed and hopefully that will translate into an even better UFC game for next year. Once again, competition breeds good games -- hope the EA game is solid.

# 2 DTX3 @ 11/06/09 02:57 PM
Totally agree with you, 'weed. Hopefully EA doesn't pull thier bitch move and buy out THQ.

# 3 aholbert32 @ 11/06/09 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Seemed inevitable. Dana will be pissed and hopefully that will translate into an even better UFC game for next year. Once again, competition breeds good games -- hope the EA game is solid.

I dont think Dana is pissed yet. Now if EA's game sells a ton, thats different. Its going to be tough sledding for EA especially since this game will release around the same time as UFC Undisputed 2.

# 4 Heelfan71 @ 11/07/09 10:30 AM
UFC game really raised the bar. I don't have any faith that EA can top that.

# 5 Scoop_Brady @ 11/07/09 12:16 PM
I like this news. Hopefully they add Dream as well given the relationship between Strikeforce and Dream. I'm all for having 2 MMA games.

# 6 aholbert32 @ 11/07/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I like this news. Hopefully they add Dream as well given the relationship between Strikeforce and Dream. I'm all for having 2 MMA games.
Me too. I watch Strikeforece and Dream so I would love to play their game.

# 7 superstarshad @ 11/07/09 07:12 PM
Dana better hope EA's mma tanks. EAsports carry a lot of weight. If their title sells more than thq's, it could damage the credibility of the UFC. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it is what it is. I guarantee you see a huge spike in popularity for strike force and dream!

# 8 judgejudy @ 11/08/09 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibe3zy
Wow. I like NbaLive and Madden NFL, but this is clearly EA being money grubbing bastards.....smh
how are they money grubbing bastards based on this game?

# 9 sb24 @ 11/09/09 12:54 PM
All that matters is gameplay. Assuming thq fixes their obvious issues, ea will have a lot of ground to cover. If their video is at all true to the gameplay, they may be on their way. im glad this will lite a fire under thq/ufc and you know Dana white really is going to push/invest to make sure they produce the best game. Competition is best

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.