Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their first look at EA Sports MMA.

Quote:
"And judging from the limited amount I've seen of "EA Sports MMA" so far, I'd have to agree with Jackson as the sharpness of the character models is striking at first, and the more I stared at the real photos and compared them to the fighters on screen, I was left stunned by the likeness.

Jackson then showed a teaser of things to come, flashing a few never-before seen scenes of various fighting locations throughout the game, including a shot from Brazil, a Thai gym, and a dojo in Japan.

"The international nature of MMA is huge to us, and you learn different things training in places where different martial arts are more focused on, and that's part of this game," explains Jackson, who then immediately clams up when pressed for more detail. "This is just a taste of things to come."

One thing Jackson would talk about, however, is the inclusion of Photo Game Face for when gamers are creating themselves in career mode. "Putting you in the game is a big part of this game. It's important that you feel like a fighter, and we're going to make sure we give you that experience."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheShizNo1 @ 11/11/09 11:08 AM
Was Undisputed hyped up this much?

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/11/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Yeah it was. There's room for both games, so hopefully we get some quality titles next year.

# 3 Wet Bandit @ 11/11/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Nope. There were major blogs that didn't even mention when the Undisputed demo came out. And yet every little piece of EASMMA news that comes out, it's all over every blog. I'm pretty sure when something from EA Sports hits the inbox of various reporters, the email flashes bright red to let them know it's a priority to get the news out.

Not that this is a bad thing, mind you, more public awareness and acceptance of the sport can't be bad.

But in terms of coverage, yeah, the disparity has been pretty striking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.