Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Eurogamer has posted their first look at EA Sports MMA.

Quote:
"MMA builds on the physics platform of Fight Night Round 4: pre-canned animations are out, and punches and kicks - and the damage they inflict - are calculated on the fly. On top of that, EA's been extensively mo-capping the game's stars to make sure everything is as authentic as possible.

"The fighters would come in for mo-cap, and we wouldn't just capture them," says Rivero. "We'd sit down, talk to them, take notes, find out what they were really all about. And we take feedback. Jason Mayhem Miller said, 'Oh, when you go in for the catch-kick, you've got to still be able to deliver a punch,' so boom! It's in there, it's in the game." (Does anyone know if the producers get tipped for using EA's catchphrase?)"

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 xprodigy89 @ 12/09/09 06:31 PM
i really hope this game is better then ufc 2010, really dont like that game especially the ground game, looking forward to seeing what ea does with it, but this news gives me the impression they know what they are doing

# 2 Phobia @ 12/10/09 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
The greater game itself will allow for either stick or face button controls as with Fight Night
Current biggest concern put down.
As long as the stamina system works it would not be a problem.

# 3 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/13/09 11:31 PM
Is Jeff Monson in Strikeforce?. In my Gamestop there's an article about the game and it shows his picture. Not sure if he's always been in Strikeforce or if they're contracting a lot of guys outside of the organization as well.

# 4 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/14/09 01:27 AM
Last I read they contracting any and everybody that isnt in the UFC

# 5 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/14/09 02:23 AM
Nice. This game could have a pretty good roster then.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.