Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

The NHL 2K10 patch list has been posted.

Quote:
GAMEPLAY
• Fixed soft crash with referee not dropping the puck when playing with slower speed settings.
• Retuned the default sliders to make gameplay faster.
• Retuned the speed for acceleration and launches, allowing the user to break out mid launch.
• Players can now speed burst during crossover animations.
• Pinning has now been made easier, and can be initiated with the check button at slower speeds.
• Stick sweeps and poke checks retuned to more accurately knock the puck away when hitting the puck or stick rather than the puckhandler.
• Retuned shot velocity on rebounds and loose pucks.
• Retuned one-timer animations so players closer to the net will now deflect the puck rather than take slap shots.
• One-timers are now more difficult and will be missed more often if the player isn’t in good position.
• Briefly disable loose shots when sweeping your stick without the puck and then gaining possession.
• Penalties are slightly reduced globally.
• Retuned how the AI clears the puck on Penalty Kills.
• Reduced the number of diving poke checks done by goalies.
• Retuned defensive AI related to blue line pressure and defensive zone play.
• AI will now better react to drop passes.
• Slightly increased the aggressiveness of the AI in their own offensive zone if they are on a penalty kill.
• More aggressive behaviors for offensive players after the puck enters the attacking zone.
• User should now have better control over the player when in a shot block animation.
• Players will now help out more in a pinning situation.
• AI is more aggressive on defense during odd man rushes.

• Fixed de-sync related to custom soundtracks in online games.
• Made default online difficulty harder in unranked games.
• Add ability to sign in to cooperative franchise games from the Team Select screen, allowing for multiple users to play from the same console.
• Fixed OT Losses not tracking correctly in online play.
• Allow custom sliders to be used in unranked matches.
• Fixed the bug where you will randomly gain control of the goalie in Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue so that users will always maintain the same color during Team Up mode.
• Fixed the issue with the speed burst bar / player icon flickering in Team Up mode.
• Fixed a disconnect issue that occasionally occurred while the server was down.
• Fixed an occasional disconnect problem in league games when line changes are made.
• Fixed an issue that would cause league games to sometimes abort at the end of the loading screen.
• Fixed an issue when the leader of a Pick-Up party leaves the party in the lobby.

GENERAL
• Reduced puck shadow size by 20%.
• In Reelmaker, added the ability to turn off the cursor like in replay (hit both bumpers simultaneously).
• Fantasy Drafts now reset all player glove colors to team color instead of custom.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Stormyhog @ 11/14/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Sounds like it is a Sony issue and not a 2K one.
Well NBA 2k10 is getting patched for the PS3. If it was a Sony problem then why would NBA 2K10 get a patch and not NHL 2K10 wouldn't it affect all 2K sports products if it was a Sony problem.

# 42 Stormyhog @ 11/14/09 09:45 PM
It seems as I was told by venom over at 2k.net that it is about cost of bandwidth for the PS3 not getting a patch. I still hold out hope that the PS3 version gets a patch as I still enjoy the game but I probably will pass on future versions of the game. If their not going to support the game then why should I.

# 43 kornsined @ 11/14/09 10:39 PM
Sounds like 2k is on it's last legs. No money for marketing, demo, and only scarce support for the game.

# 44 Jgainsey @ 11/14/09 10:48 PM
What a shame..

When I first heard news about the patch, I was definitely considering purchasing 2k10. I just haven't been very satisfied with the offline product from NHL 10. But if there's not going to be a patch for the PS3 version then I won't be buying the game. And when I think about it.. why would I buy any future NHL titles that 2k has to offer for the PS3? I certainly don't want to purchase a video game that doesn't have much of a chance to be patched.

# 45 superjew887 @ 11/14/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Nope, this all 2K. I don't understand what could be so hard about porting a patch from 360 to ps3. It's all the same code right? But what do I know I'm not a developer.

Here's what everyone is missing: On PS3 every developer gets 2 free patches to release through the PSN (Playstation Network). So being a "money issue" is completely wrong.

This is extremely upsetting (if true) and completely unheard of (but apparently not for 2k sports).

**This was clarified by Ian Cummings the devolper of Madden 10 on the Madden Forum**

# 46 mercalnd @ 11/14/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
I call BS. Besides this game and and NHL 2K8, I can't think of a single game I've owned that was patched on 360 but not on PS3. I only play sports games so I can't speak for other genres but just for the heck of it here's the list of games I have owned that were patched on both systems in the last 3 years (and I can assure you these were patched on PS3 since that's the system I was playing them on until June of thus year):

-NBA 2K8
-College Hoops 2K8
-Madden 08
-NCAA Football 08
-NHL 08
-FIFA 08
-NBA 2K9
-NASCAR 09
-Madden 09
-NCAA Football 09
-NHL 09
-FIFA 09
-PES 2009
-NBA Live 09
-NCAA Football 10
-Madden 10
-NBA Live 10
-FIFA 10
-NHL 10
-PES 2010

The only thing I can possibly see is that maybe Sony charges a fee for a patch if you want to patch a game that has sold less than X units (whatever X may be) and 2K may not be willing/not have the resources to pay that fee. But if that's the problem, isn't it 2K's fault that they haven't reached that sales number given their very weak marketing for this game?

# 47 PaddyOReilly @ 11/14/09 11:58 PM
Well I copied superjew's post over to the 2KHockey board and got moderated.

# 48 superjew887 @ 11/15/09 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyOReilly
lol i headed over there to check the post and saw that. The guy is wrong and i got my quote from a pretty reliable source. Unless things are different for madden on the PSN then 2K which I doubt. It's all FUBAR.

# 49 Stormyhog @ 11/15/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
[/b]

I understand this thinking, but this is one of the reason way they can't afford patches. You might support it, but a lot of people don't. But in the end it is all about marketing and for once I agree with the people that said they need to market it better.
It seems like 2K is a sinking ship with only the NBA 2K10 franchise keeping it afloat. If they want to compete with EA they better get their marketing in check and if they can't or don't want to than fold and save everyone the aggravation.

# 50 Stormyhog @ 11/15/09 01:04 AM
Quote:
Yeah I seen they locked the thread as I was going to comment. What a joke if they can't give a straight answer to the situation then they have to expect rumor and speculation from the community. You brought this upon yourself 2K Sports now deal with the backlash.

# 51 18 eighty 5 @ 11/15/09 02:39 AM
Oh my goodness, I just read the news. No way!

I own both systems but since I live in Auatralia I have to order the ps3 version internationally because it is region free. I have bought 2k9 and 2k10 on ps3 for this reason given that 2k have stopped selling the game directly in my country. I am so dissapointed.

# 52 18 eighty 5 @ 11/15/09 02:56 AM
The following emboldened I cut and pasted from a post Savoie submitted on the last page. It is not his, he is quoting We Want the Cup on 2k Forums:

"To those of you who think that since PS3 owners cannot have a patch that we shouldn't do one for 360... What if the success of a 360 patch allows us to do a PS3 patch in the future? Something to think about."

Look, I can understand what you are trying to say and perhaps it creates a catch 22 for the ps3 customer. I am in no way interested in preventing 360 owners from getting teh patch. Good luck to them. But seriously this comment just feels like hopeful spin to keep ps3 customers onboard.

This is not directed at you WWtC, insert 2k boss (because I feel like venting): At the very least, if this is the confirmed truth that the ps3 version won't be patched you should have been upfront with this as soon as you made mention of the patch. Its just a shoddy way to go about things and it makes me feel ripped off because news of the patch and looking over the fix list got me excited. At the very least it would have been bloody decent and downright honest just to tell us of this decision from the start, it would have made a difference! Instead, all the silence about it makes you guys look shady.

Now, if the patch is good, I have to hear all about what I am missing out on and here is the thing...I bloody well paid good money including extra to air freight your product out here just to discover that partiality comprises your customer support! I can appreciate the argument for a lack of funds and decisions being made at the top but this is precisely why honesty should have been the policy. Can I ask you to compensate me for the inconvenience for a lack of customer support?

If this is going to be your company policy indefinitely then sell the non supported product at a further discounted price from the get go to create some parity and be upfront about it!

Having said all that, I hope 2k hockey continues to grow and produce good titles. I am interested in them because I love hockey so much. I just feel bummed for both not getting the patch but especially for being left in the dark.

# 53 eeyor @ 11/15/09 04:38 AM
To keep it straight. The real problem for me is, that I paid exactly the same amount of money for my copy of the game than the xbox people...so I feel that im obliged to get the same treatment. It is easy as that

# 54 savoie2006 @ 11/15/09 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I call BS. Besides this game and and NHL 2K8, I can't think of a single game I've owned that was patched on 360 but not on PS3. I only play sports games so I can't speak for other genres but just for the heck of it here's the list of games I have owned that were patched on both systems in the last 3 years (and I can assure you these were patched on PS3 since that's the system I was playing them on until June of thus year):

-NBA 2K8
-College Hoops 2K8
-Madden 08
-NCAA Football 08
-NHL 08
-FIFA 08
-NBA 2K9
-NASCAR 09
-Madden 09
-NCAA Football 09
-NHL 09
-FIFA 09
-PES 2009
-NBA Live 09
-NCAA Football 10
-Madden 10
-NBA Live 10
-FIFA 10
-NHL 10
-PES 2010

The only thing I can possibly see is that maybe Sony charges a fee for a patch if you want to patch a game that has sold less than X units (whatever X may be) and 2K may not be willing/not have the resources to pay that fee. But if that's the problem, isn't it 2K's fault that they haven't reached that sales number given their very weak marketing for this game?
Notice that most all of those games were made by EA and the couple done by 2K were their Basketball titles, which are their strength.

# 55 savoie2006 @ 11/15/09 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Yeah I seen they locked the thread as I was going to comment. What a joke if they can't give a straight answer to the situation then they have to expect rumor and speculation from the community. You brought this upon yourself 2K Sports now deal with the backlash.
Any forum will lock such threads that are nothing but out of control. 2KHockey.net is NOT directly linked to 2K with the exception of having a couple of former regulars that are now developers with VC. That is it. They are simply a forum for 2K Hockey fans to go and talk about the games. They have NO responsibilty or obligation to keep such "bash" threads open.

# 56 eeyor @ 11/15/09 06:43 AM
To quote WWTC in the 2khockey forums
Quote:
The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.
The conclusion I draw from that is that for a customer it will be not feasible to support 2k's games on the PS3 anymore, as the PS3 customers are no feasible target for 2k.
All the issues with Sony asside, as a software developer you have to have an obligation to your customers, even if they are fewer in numbers. If you think about Customer Lifetime Value, such a decision will put you way behind your competition and I personally don't think that this will be a positive profit devestment.
Most of the next - gen 2k buyers, like me, have been loyal customers even in times, when the game, and the support was lacking. 2k promised us that 2k10 would turn things around on the behalf of support but apparently, it is more feasible to upset 5-6k loyal customers than to try anything to keep the few people that are still buying their product despite the lack of marketing efforts.
Even putting personal feelings aside, this year has been a disaster on the marketing side and such a decision is making things even worse. 2k did a good job destroying CLV over the last 2 years. Congratulations!

# 57 Flyermania @ 11/15/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
That's because everyone that mods that site is a complete joke. Venom is allowed to break the rules consistently without reprimand, and clowns like Pengman will close/lock any thread that is too anti-2k.

Sugar coat this anyway you like, the PS3 version is getting hosed. Sony is not to blame...that's the easy way out. 2k is choosing not to extend the money and/or resources to get this done. It is their choice, and Ps3 owners are the ones to suffer. But next year I will have a choice, and that choice will be to not purchase their unsupported game. And I will certainly encourage others to do the same.

It's a real shame to see how far this series has fallen, both in quality and in the post-release support.

# 58 Flyermania @ 11/15/09 09:47 AM
Quote:
The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.
Total B.S. It's the easy way out to blame Sony, but WWTC is just a company puppet towing the company line. Bottom line is 2k decided to not support the Ps3 yet again --- more than likely due to financial reasons. This all cycles back to losing their customer base due to subpar releases and poor marketing.

If they aren't going to support the game, don't release it for that system.

# 59 Flyermania @ 11/15/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Any forum will lock such threads that are nothing but out of control. 2KHockey.net is NOT directly linked to 2K with the exception of having a couple of former regulars that are now developers with VC. That is it. They are simply a forum for 2K Hockey fans to go and talk about the games. They have NO responsibilty or obligation to keep such "bash" threads open.
No, but the whole premise that Waz founded that site on was to avoid petty squabbles like those on Thunderpuck. And that is exasctly what that site has become...Venom is allowed to do whatever he likes, and the mods are horribly biased.

# 60 Cardot @ 11/15/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Its Savoie you're talking about, are you really all that suprised? He's flipped flopped almost as much as Joker the past year.
Nothing worse than a flip flopper. It really bugs me when someone is willing to change their opinion when presented with new information. People should really stick to their guns once they form an opinion. Basic loyalty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.