Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Basketball 10 blog, featuring dynamic updates.

Quote:
"This year with NCAA Basketball 10 we’re going to be giving you guys Dynamic Updates every Monday after the Top 25 has been released. Dynamic updates will be coming directly from ESPN.com and will update the stats for all the teams in NCAA Basketball 10 as well as other aspects of the game.

Here's what gets changed when we send out the Dynamic Update:

- Points per Game
- Steals per Game
- Blocks per game
- Assists per game
- Turnovers per game
- Win/Loss Record and winning streaks as well as losing streaks
- Overall and conference records

With these updates you will also get the latest top 25 and RPI for all teams featured in the game. These updates are showcased in-game on all relevant broadcast overlays as well as in the Dynamic Updates menu. There will be speech that supports win/loss streaks as well as the Top 25 itself."

Again sorry about the delay but it was out of my hands. Enjoy.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 airblair223 @ 11/11/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
Hey guys,

After the long wait here's the blog on our newest feature for NCAA Basketball 10:

http://insideblog.easports.com/

Again sorry about the delay but it was out of my hands. Enjoy.

First, LOL at that. That won't sell not one copy of this game. What is wrong with your marketing department? Seriously. Second, can you at least confirm that there is a dynasty?

# 2 Pongsona @ 11/11/09 06:54 PM
Wow.

That's the only word I can think of. I'm going to just shut up before I start venting, again.

# 3 countryboy @ 11/11/09 06:57 PM
pretty much knew this is what it was going to be about. Thanks for posting blackflash.

# 4 drlw322 @ 11/11/09 06:58 PM
oh boy

# 5 Buckeyes_Doc @ 11/11/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblair223
First, LOL at that. That won't sell not one copy of this game. What is wrong with your marketing department? Seriously. Second, can you at least confirm that there is a dynasty?
Dude you might want to edit your post before one of the mods get on you about that.
I know your upset so am I, but just try to keep it to yourself lol.

Was praying it was going to be a dynasty blog, but we all knew it was going to be dynamic updates, which IMO if not done right will be fluff. Hopefully it is done right and a lot better then live. We will see.

# 6 airblair223 @ 11/11/09 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Dude you might want to edit your post before one of the mods get on you about that.
I know your upset so am I, but just try to keep it to yourself lol.

Was praying it was going to be a dynasty blog, but we all knew it was going to be dynamic updates, which IMO if not done right will be fluff. Hopefully it is done right and a lot better then live. We will see.
If I get banned I get banned, but the marketing coordinator for this game needs his/her head examined. They would have been better off never announcing this feature, since it most likely will never work...And in the unlikely possibility it does work, we could just be pleasantly surprised they got something right.

That aside, we need dynasty mode to give this game any kind of longevity. Without, at least a solid offering, this game isn't worth $60.

# 7 a walrus @ 11/11/09 07:09 PM
Quote:

I would like to know this as well.

# 8 blackflash83 @ 11/11/09 07:10 PM
I'm hoping to get you guys some dynasty info later this week.

# 9 ehh @ 11/11/09 07:12 PM
Does this tie into dynasty/season mode like Live or is it just for exhibition games?

# 10 poster @ 11/11/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
I'm hoping to get you guys some dynasty info later this week.
I know it is not your fault, thanks for the info. Please let marketing or whomever is dictating this lack of information know how terrible it makes the NCAA 10 team look. There has been one good blog on this game, the rest have ranged from scarce of information to embarrassing at best.

Couple that with how the Madden, NBA Live, NHL, Fight Night, and even FIFA blogs have looked and it is easy to see why this game is considered the bottom of the EA sports barrel. Shame.

# 11 shindiana @ 11/11/09 07:33 PM
I'm confused.
I know they're supposed to create some sort of hype for their game but why would they build people's expectations and give us a blog of 15 lines...

Back in October 10 Sean wrote in a blog " Next time I will be talking about presentation in dynasty and the tournament. Thanks for reading."

# 12 Hoosiers1111 @ 11/11/09 07:34 PM
I'm not sure how this is going to work. How are the team ratings going to increase unless they change the ratings of the individual players. I mean the players are what makes the team better or worse. If they change the ratings of the players to match real life that could potentially be awesome. Otherwise this is probably not going to do much for me.

Now can we PLEASE get some dynasty info. ALL I want is correct simming and better recruiting. Presentation is AWESOME. Gameplay is decent. Guess we'll find out in a week.

# 13 Hoosiers1111 @ 11/11/09 07:37 PM
I'm wondering if maybe they came across a problem with dynasty at the last minute. The blog said there would be info, JabStep said there would be info, but yet nothing. If thats the case, no problem as long as it gets fixed. I'd rather hear zero about it and then it be great, than hear something and find out its still bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
I'm confused.
I know they're supposed to create some sort of hype for their game but why would they build people's expectations and give us a blog of 15 lines...

Back in October 10 Sean wrote in a blog " Next time I will be talking about presentation in dynasty and the tournament. Thanks for reading."

# 14 whittleboy615 @ 11/11/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
I heard they removed the mode just to spite you, specifically.

Seriously people. Stop freaking out. You'll be able to read Dynasty Mode reviews in a week when the game comes out. Plenty of people will buy it on release day and complain about all of its faults on this message board. Then you can read descriptions and feedback from non-EA personnel to make an informed decision about your purchase.

Cool your jets and have patience for one more week.

# 15 Bootzilla @ 11/11/09 07:58 PM
I wonder if player ratings will be updated? If a freshman turns out to be Kevin Durant will he be updated?

It seems that going "Dynamic" is the wave of the future/present. Seems Dynasty is going by the wayside. In some ways Dynamic Season adds to the longevity and realism of the current season you're in but, Dynasty mode has to work correctly too.

I will not be surprised if NCAA football goes this route too. It would actually be kind of nice to see Matt Barkley be rated higher than Aaron Corp or Mark Ingram be the best running back in the game.

# 16 ehh @ 11/11/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
Basically all they have improved is presentation, thats it.

Game play took a huge step forward and the graphics took a pretty big step too. Go back and play NCAA '09 for reference, it's pretty bad.

# 17 ehh @ 11/11/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I wonder if player ratings will be updated? If a freshman turns out to be Kevin Durant will he be updated?

A) I highly doubt it
B) OS's community roster guys will probably make a more accurate update of that player anyway

# 18 whittleboy615 @ 11/11/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsmitty
I'm sorry, but that was a huge waste of time. I know the DEVs take a lot of flack, and I couldnt do their job programming. But good lord, if this is the released feature list, then go back to the drawing board. Seriously, hire some new programmers, start from scratch cuz this is going to be pathetic. Basically all they have improved is presentation, thats it.
Donate a huge sum of cash to EA to pay for more developers' salaries and maybe they will follow your directions. EA just cut 17% of their work force and scratched a bunch of work-in-progress titles due to financial circumstances.

# 19 whittleboy615 @ 11/11/09 08:04 PM
I'm interested to see how the team ratings will be updated too. They'd be worthless if we have to rename a default roster to use them.

# 20 cdj @ 11/11/09 08:08 PM
I'll agree that the marketing hasn't been stellar this year for the game, but I think this is a great feature. (Don't hold marketing struggles against the work of the devs - two completely different groups.)

College games are always out of date by week one in terms of rankings and team ratings. Anything to try and improve that should help improve game longevity greatly and I'd think most of us would be ecstatic to see something like this.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like commentary is more 'dynamic' as well and will recognize streaks, rankings, etc. Hopefully this is in Dynasty Mode as well as Play Now.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.