Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the PS3. Please post all your impressions here.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 insideoutside15 @ 11/15/09 11:11 AM
Believe it or not, I think that last game was more or less a vintage Shaq fluke. I had no trouble containing the Bobcats in my next game and even recorded SEVEN blocks in the first quarter. I'm starting to feel like the points in the paint problem is partially my fault as a result of me getting careless with my offense and jacking up bad shots too quickly, resulting in fast break opportunities for the other team. I'm going to turn down quickness for both me and the CPU and be more deliberate with my offense and see what that gets me.

# 142 Marino @ 11/15/09 11:20 AM
Was that a necessary post? That has nothing to do with this thread

# 143 MrMayface @ 11/15/09 11:37 AM
I officially have my 1st complaints since the patch. I have noticed some considerable frame rate problems in some games. This was never a problem before the patch. The last game was so bad that I saved the game and shut the system down and started again. Also I just completed a season and in pre draft workout screen the game just froze. I have never had the game freeze on me this entire time. Anyone else have issues like this?

# 144 kennyacid @ 11/15/09 11:48 AM
Im really enjoying this game now Thank you V.C for doing such a great job wit the patch.

EDIT: only one issue, online its still to easy to throw the ball full court for a easy dunk/layup. This dude spammed it the whole game lastnight during a ranked match.

# 145 Nodima @ 11/15/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Im really enjoying this game now Thank you V.C for doing such a great job wit the patch.

EDIT: only one issue, online its still to easy to throw the ball full court for a easy dunk/layup. This dude spammed it the whole game lastnight during a ranked match.

Yea, that's really frustrating because offline, even before the patch, you couldn't complete those passes.

# 146 MrMayface @ 11/15/09 12:57 PM
Hot dammit! It looks like when my game froze and I had to restart my system, my saved data got corrupted! All my draft picks are gone. Everyone that who's contract was about to expire, still has a yr left! I cant believe this crap! Thanks 2K!

# 147 CaptainZombie @ 11/15/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
are jaggies still an issue post patch? that still drives me absolutely crazy.
It could be my eyes, but it looks like the jaggies on the PS3 have been cleaned up a bit. Things do look a tad bit better and I can tell with some of the lighting on the court.

# 148 brahmagoul @ 11/15/09 01:30 PM
I'm out of town until Wednesday night. Will I have to restart my season for this patch to be effective?

# 149 ATRAINOLSM2293 @ 11/15/09 02:00 PM
Ya the patch effed up my association. Now my games are not nba games, rather two nba teams who invited fans to come watch them play half court make-it take-it. So pissed

# 150 JerzeyReign @ 11/15/09 02:22 PM
Played my first full game post patch. Minimal slider adjustments (only lowered shooting) and I was very pleased. Pick and roll passes were getting thrown to far ahead or going out of bounds.
Sometimes a defender from the weakside would 'try' to help. I did see more contact at the free throw line than right under the basket though. The Magic threw like 15 alley oops completed about 8 of them. But out of the 8 completed I say about two shouldn't of been completed, to much traffic. Nothing lowering fancy passing can't fix.

Overall good job 2k

# 151 riDIRKulous41 @ 11/15/09 03:00 PM
W

# 152 riDIRKulous41 @ 11/15/09 03:00 PM
Where are the specific foul sliders located? Only one I see is "commit fouls"

# 153 LionsFanNJ @ 11/15/09 03:06 PM
So after playing My Player post patch, they've seemed to adjust the scores when you play 12 min. No longer are games like 200 - 170 anymore. I played two games with the minutes that long and the score was 110 - 98 with my player playing 28 minutes. This was summer league though.

# 154 Arod2k9 @ 11/15/09 03:08 PM
The game play is much much smoother, the passing is totally awesome and contact animations in the paint makes for a very physical game. Now we got all type of speed and height on the passes and better entry bounce passes in the paint. Game flow has also improve and sliders make it even better. Thanks 2K for fixing all those things that make this game well worth it. Finally...

# 155 kennyacid @ 11/15/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
I'm out of town until Wednesday night. Will I have to restart my season for this patch to be effective?
no

# 156 Comduklakis @ 11/15/09 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayface
Hot dammit! It looks like when my game froze and I had to restart my system, my saved data got corrupted! All my draft picks are gone. Everyone that who's contract was about to expire, still has a yr left! I cant believe this crap! Thanks 2K!
That happened to me five years into a franchise. I had the team I wanted and was finally playing the games instead of simming and next thing you know, data corruption. I had two young guys who were just tearing it up, Stuckey, Amar'e Stoudamire and some other guys who I liked their playing style. Oh well. Restarted with the patch anyway.

# 157 Comduklakis @ 11/15/09 05:00 PM
Well I have a few overall impressions of the patch. First off games are very realistic with minimal slider adjustment. I had to lower the AI's shooting sliders to 47/48. I also upped all the foul sliders. Everyone seems to be shooting like they should. Some guys have bad games, some guys have great games, averages out in general. The defense seems to be a bit improved. Still too many times where my PG runs back straight to the key instead of picking up hsi man and I watch an easy 3 or pullup go in. On On My Player the scores are definately more realistic with 12 minute quarters. I still wish I would stop getting dinged for offensive rebounds on free throws when I block out my man and just because my matchup lines up on the opposite side of the key, I get hit. I have noticed a bit of frame rate issues. Also twice when Stuckey was in the post, he started getting "jiggy wit it" and I couldn't do anything but throw a pass out. Finally despite the overall realistic shooting, I've discovered David West can't miss. Which is nice because I traded Ben Gordon for him, but he drops every post move and most of his mid range jumpers too. I've got him shooting at over 70% after six games in my association. I'll have to see if this continues.

They also fixed the D-league issue so that I send guys down and up at will. This is nice because Jerebko is a whiny B...h who won't accept his place.

To the people asking about injuries from roster updates in Association, they don't apply. When you start an association everyone is healthy (e.g. Yao) and the only injuries are those accumulated in YOUR association.

# 158 chicagorrila @ 11/15/09 05:38 PM
the patch didnt help me. "My player" continues to freeze at the start of my second season. WTF? PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION!!!!!!!

# 159 Mos1ted @ 11/15/09 06:10 PM
I played a quick NBA Today game as the Lakers vs the Rockets. I'm loving the fact that you have to earn your points down low. I played on Hall of Fame, default everything, 10 minute quarters. Both teams shot 48% for the game. I didn't play to win, just to get a feel for the patch so I got blown out by the depleted Rockets. Free throw attempts were a little low (about 10 for both teams) but everything else seem right on with NBA league averages...Good job 2K.

# 160 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 11/15/09 06:17 PM
Is the online play a lot better, or is it still immpossible to play a game online?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.