Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

NCAA Basketball 10 is now available, post your impressions here.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:15 PM
To answer another question...there is NOT an option to turn on a cpu ball handler identifier.

# 22 ty5oke @ 11/17/09 10:16 PM
Thanks for the impressions cb.

Can you pull off the same moves with Samuels and Siva? Can Samuels dribble like a guard?

# 23 chris11sg @ 11/17/09 10:21 PM
Hey country, what type of arenas of available in play now mode. Are you able to access the dome stadiums and any other arenas for a neutral site game? Thanks.

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/17/09 10:22 PM
Thanks CB. I'm still on the fence about this game. So evryones impressions are gonna help me out.

# 25 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:26 PM
one cool thing is that I called a timeout and the game started showing highlights of the action prior to the timeout and then showed the score at the bottom of the screen.

Foul sliders have to be increased and possibly the fatigue slider.

# 26 hitch450 @ 11/17/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
Hey country, what type of arenas of available in play now mode. Are you able to access the dome stadiums and any other arenas for a neutral site game? Thanks.
I got a copy of the game as well, and as far as the arena select, you can only use the home teams arena or one of the neutral site arenas. You can't pick a random teams arena to play in.

# 27 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
when you do a play now game you have the following options for the arena to play in:

your home court
Empire State Arena (Madison Square Garden)
Lahaina Civic Center (Maui Invitational)
Sports Complex
Anaheim Convention Center
Coliseo De Puerto Rico
Georgia Dome
Detriot Arena
Lucas Oil

# 28 Teddy_Long @ 11/17/09 10:29 PM
do we still have the option to zoom in closer on broadcast ZOOM, sideline, broadcast, etc? it wasn't in the demo.

# 29 hitch450 @ 11/17/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
one cool thing is that I called a timeout and the game started showing highlights of the action prior to the timeout and then showed the score at the bottom of the screen.

Foul sliders have to be increased and possibly the fatigue slider.
Yes I agree with the sliders. Only played a game and a half with 10 minute halves, but the fatigue needs to be increased. I could play the same five guys the entire game and their stamina would barely decrease at all.

I got a decent number of shooting fouls, more called on me than the other team. No reach in fouls or off ball fouls at all called in either game. Definitely gonna have to do some work on some sliders.

# 30 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
do we still have the option to zoom in closer on broadcast ZOOM, sideline, broadcast, etc? it wasn't in the demo.
yes. you can change the Camera Pitch and the Camera Focal Length(Zoom). Its on a scale of 1-10.

# 31 hitch450 @ 11/17/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
on broadcast and broadcast zoom, the default zoom is 8, so if its not close enough for you it won't much closer. And not that it matters, but i think its actually on a scale of 0-9, who knows why.

# 32 Millennium @ 11/17/09 10:35 PM
CB, here are my two questions:

1 - How are the stats looking? Demo seemed to get shooting % right, are fouls the one "stat" that looks like it needs increasing early on?

2 - Does it capture the 'college' game? Or is is NBA Live with college players?

# 33 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch450
on broadcast and broadcast zoom, the default zoom is 8, so if its not close enough for you it won't much closer. And not that it matters, but i think its actually on a scale of 0-9, who knows why.
good catch hitch. I just assumed it was a scale of 1-10. (us crazy UofL fans) And yes, the zoom is about as close as its going to get on the 2 broadcast cameras.

# 34 Teddy_Long @ 11/17/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
yes. you can change the Camera Pitch and the Camera Focal Length(Zoom). Its on a scale of 1-10.
is there much contrast with demo broadcast ZOOM to using the zoom option all the way in?

# 35 ty5oke @ 11/17/09 10:40 PM
CB or Hitch -

If any of you guys jump into Dynasty, can you check what season tourneys they have? Is it just the Maui invitational?

# 36 Tomba @ 11/17/09 10:41 PM
CB Thanks for doing this I have two questions as I plan on getting the game later in the week to start slider work etc...

1)is there a global edit of attributes? Like in NBA Live where you can edit every player globally?

2)Have they gotten around to providing numbers with their sliders?

One of the producers promised that they would put numbers in...

If these two things are not in. they are focusing on making this game more pick up and play and not simulation style which i felt what the demo was after...

i liked the demo but only the fun factor

# 37 jeffmanqb3 @ 11/17/09 10:41 PM
Does Oklahoma State have orange jerseys as an alternate?

# 38 mrclawz @ 11/17/09 10:44 PM
So far the game is fun. Presentation this year elevates the overall atmosphere of the game.

Things I have noticed so far about dynasty ...

1) When I setup my coach, I was unable to see the front of the avatar, only the back. So I had to go forward to the options (Contracts/Style/Etc.), then backup to see the avatar from the front. Would be interested to see if anyone else has the same problem.

2) Real life scheduling for the first year is not there. I had to attempt to manually schedule the real UK schedule.

3). Recruiting is like last year presentation wise, but you no longer have your view reset. Where ever you left off looking at your players is where you stay if you view the needs screen.

4) WAY less 5 star recruits. First look in my dynasty, I saw maybe 24 or 25, which is correct. Plethora of 3 and 4 star recruits. If you go for broke and miss, you'll definitely be getting leftovers this year.

Things I've noticed playing ....

1) Controls at times feel slow to respond. I find myself catching the ball to stop and pop, then having the defender close out before I get the shot up. Also found myself standing back at half court after trying to steal because the game never registered the key press. I also think last years control layout was far better than this years. Trying to use the defensive assist and sprint is tough.

2) Slider tuning is a must (as is All-American difficulty). I've played a few games thus far. Used 10 minute halfs on highest difficulty, all in dynasty mode, untuned sliders. First game (thanks to no real schedules) was against TAMU. I won that one 43-38 in a real snooze fest. Second game was CS Fullerton, won that one 67-44. Third game I played was against Miami (OH) and I won that going away 81-52. Telling statistic was with untuned sliders, neither I or the CPU shot over 37%. TONS of rebounds (over 30 each game) and TONS of missed chip shots around the basket. Missed a ton of shots using the up and under from about 4 feet away. Again, slider tuning is needed in that respect.

3) Ability to set the individual foul type frequencies is nice. Seems like there are more sliders for you to set than last season. More doesn't always = better, but it really lets you tune the game how you like.

4) Foul shooting is pretty difficult on All-American. I missed 6 in a row my first game out and an additional 12 over the next 2 games.

5) AI player defense (for your team) is pretty suspect at times. I found my team would sometimes challenge a shot, but other times they would just stand there while their man shot over them. I was up 36-12 on TAMU only to give up 6 threes in a row because my guys didn't challenge the shots, which got TAMU right back in the game. I am hoping I can tune a slider to improve that.

6) No more classic uniforms or classic teams (at least on the 360). Kinda miss the classic uniforms. I got a kick out of sending everyone out in short shorts.

7) ESPN presentation is nice. Makes the game feel like a real one. Even includes info about the player when they shoot FTs, like college major, %'s, etc.

That's all I've got thus far. Any questions, leave them and I will get back to you soon.

# 39 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
is there much contrast with demo broadcast ZOOM to using the zoom option all the way in?
not really. Its minimal at best

# 40 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
CB, here are my two questions:

1 - How are the stats looking? Demo seemed to get shooting % right, are fouls the one "stat" that looks like it needs increasing early on?

2 - Does it capture the 'college' game? Or is is NBA Live with college players?
Sorry Chris..almost overlooked your questions.

1) After a 20 minute half that I ran...I shot 52% from the floor and Lamar shot 36%. This is on All-American. No stats looked out of whack in that one half. Not a big sample, but the demo did a good job of letting you know how well the retail was going to be in terms of gameplay.

2) In my opinion, yes it captures the college game. The crowd is amazing and the new motion offense really sets this apart from its pro counterpart. Guys missing open shots, the emotion thats shown, and of course the presentation really suck you into the game. It showcases a college atmosphere very well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.