Home
College LaCrosse 2010 News Post

The game of lacrosse has seen its popularity grow more and more each year. So it only makes sense that Triple B Games and Carlo Sunseri LLC decided to create Inside Lacrosse's College Lacrosse 2010, available only on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Read More - Inside Lacrosse's College Lacrosse 2010 Review

Game: College LaCrosse 2010Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 nuakema @ 11/23/09 07:09 PM
FIFA just seems to offer so much more. I like the gameplay in FIFA better. PES a good game to play but once it's all said and done I think FIFA takes this battle.

# 2 kennyacid @ 11/23/09 09:09 PM
ummmm wrong review lol

# 3 acarrero @ 11/24/09 02:10 AM
So this game gets a higher rating than NCAA Basketball 2010? C'mon now.

# 4 jyoung @ 11/24/09 02:24 AM
Hard to compare the scores when they are done by two different reviewers. C'mon now.

# 5 FORMULA316 @ 11/24/09 08:02 AM
Kudos to those that made the game. I love the grass roots element.

# 6 knighthawksfan @ 11/24/09 08:14 AM
It is about time thank god

# 7 Cardot @ 11/24/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyland
Please develop a true next-gen Lacrosse title, its to good a game not to be represented. This effort is welcomed, but it feels like a PS1 game.
If there is enough interest in this game, perhaps that will lead to a true next-gen game??

# 8 ChaseB @ 11/24/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Hard to compare the scores when they are done by two different reviewers. C'mon now.
I think the better c'mon now would be $5 game versus $60 game.

# 9 Joshua1207 @ 11/25/09 12:13 AM
Gonna try it out later.

# 10 GlennN @ 11/25/09 01:08 PM
I am thrilled to see a lacrosse game! I will check this out - for $5, how could you go wrong?

# 11 TheWatcher @ 11/25/09 01:13 PM
The initial information I read said that this game was made by ONE guy. So if that's the case, you have to look at the game from a different perspective. The fact that one guy would be able to create something like this is incredible, and you have to overlook the types of issues you'd commonly find in games that are made by large development teams.

# 12 GlennN @ 11/25/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The initial information I read said that this game was made by ONE guy. So if that's the case, you have to look at the game from a different perspective. The fact that one guy would be able to create something like this is incredible, and you have to overlook the types of issues you'd commonly find in games that are made by large development teams.
Maximum Football was made by one guy (of course, he was charging $50 for that).

# 13 fahrenheit @ 11/26/09 05:09 AM
you cant go wrong with this game for 5 bucks. sure it has poor graphics and some glitches (which are over exaggerated in this review btw,) but once you get used to the passing game and controlling your sticks this becomes very fun.

The thing I am most impressed with is how accurately I feel like im actually playing a game of lacrosse; seeing the screens, the isos, defensive formations applying pressure and double teaming which i believe means that whoever made this is a lacrosse fan(s).

I look forward to updated versions of this game, and hopefully some developers see how much of a demand lacrosse games are generating and decide to try their luck at it

# 14 Joshua1207 @ 11/27/09 01:06 AM
This review said you could find it on XBLA but I can't find it

# 15 CollegeLacrosse2010 @ 11/29/09 01:19 PM
Hey Operation Sports and Dustin,

First off, thanks for the review!

I want help clarify some of the gameplay issues you mentioned in your review of Inside Lacrosse's CL2010.

1. Moves - You are correct, the moves in CL2010 are not perfect but can be very beneficial if they are used correctly. When using X,Y, & B try to "change direction" the same time you press the move button. It will increase the effectiveness of all the moves.

2. Passing - You can hold the pass button while targeting someone and it will cause them to run toward you. This might help a bit when getting used to passing.

3. Face-offs - When taking faceoffs, you can control what direction the ball pops out by using the left joystick. Hold back on the left joystick, win the faceoff and the ball will pop out back.

4. Online Play - We plan on releasing an update to fix the online play ASAP.

Thanks again for the review!

Carlo Sunseri
http://www.facebook.com/CollegeLacrosse2010

# 16 DustinT @ 11/29/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
This review said you could find it on XBLA but I can't find it
It is an Indie game, not an Arcade game.

# 17 Cardot @ 11/30/09 10:44 AM
Finally downloaded the game. And I have to say, I think it is great.

First I'll mention the obvious. It is a $5 Indie game. Please do not expect a game on par with the current generation of sports games ala EA or 2K. Some have suggested it looks like a game from last gen.....I might go as far as to say it looks like a game from a few generations ago. But that isn't such a bad thing. When I first downloaded the game, I did something I haven't done in a while with a sports game.....I PLAYED it! That's right, I jumped right in and played it. I didn't start out by investing 20 hours in "slider test mode" (there are no sliders.) I also didn't obsess about every detail that does not 100% replicate the real thing.

Another benifit of the primitive graphics is that there are no load times.

It is a fun game, but it also does a pretty good job of capturing a lacrosse feel to it. It is not just a hockey or basketball port. You can pass behind the cage, you can draw doubles etc. The transition game feels pretty good. Shooting is done with the right thumbstick and feels like shooting mechanism from EA's hockey game.

While there is no licensing to the game, it does allow you to create leagues & teams. So you can create NCAA teams...or MLL teams...or a high school league...or any teams really.

My only gripe is that you have to be connected to XBL to play (which I guess the deal with all Indie games). Kind of a pain for me.

For any Lax fan, I highly recommend giving this a try.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.