Home
Madden NFL Arcade News Post

MADDEN NFL ARCADE NOW AVAILABLE
ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE AND XBOX LIVE ARCADE

5-on-5 Pure Adrenaline NFL Football Arrives Just in Time for Thanksgiving

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - November 25, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Madden NFL Arcade is now available for download on the PlayStation® Store, and Xbox LIVE Arcade. Perfect for pick-up-and-play action during halftime, Madden NFL Arcade provides an all-new way to experience the Madden NFL franchise, featuring a unique art style and fast-paced gameplay. Madden NFL Arcade is available on the PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE for $14.99 and 1200 MS points respectively.

Madden NFL Arcade takes everything you love about your favorite NFL stars and stadiums and brings them to life in a fun, high-scoring gridiron battle. Featuring all 32 NFL teams and stadiums, including the top five offensive and defensive stars from each team, with all-new arcade style animations, every play looks like a highlight reel. From linemen to wide receivers, each player is 100% authentic to the NFL and injected with over-the-top personality unique to Madden NFL Arcade.

Catch your opponent off-guard with 13 unique Game Changers to break the game wide open in a single play. Freeze one of your opponent’s players, add extra lineman to sack the QB, turn off your opponent’s passing icons, and more. With action-packed Game Changers, no two plays are ever the same.

Madden NFL Arcade is the perfect video game for game day, allowing up to four cooperative players on a single console. You can also take on the world online in head-to-head matches and track your performance via interactive leaderboards. To commemorate your gridiron success, Madden NFL Arcade also provides a host of achievements and trophies to boost your gamer score.

Madden NFL Arcade is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and is developed in Orlando, Florida by the EA Tiburon studio, which also produces NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and EA SPORTS™ MMA.

Madden NFL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL Arcade screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL ArcadeReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/24/09 08:04 PM
downloading now, will be back with impressions, I just want to have fun.

# 2 drae2 @ 11/24/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
downloading now, will be back with impressions, I just want to have fun.
So how much is this gonna cost on the 360, and also is this free for the PS3?

# 3 Mr. Franchise @ 11/24/09 08:08 PM
I was thinking about getting this but 15 FRIGGIN DOLLARS? ARE YOU JOKING?

# 4 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/24/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
So how much is this gonna cost on the 360, and also is this free for the PS3?
nope not free, $15 it's really not that big of a deal.

# 5 ezio @ 11/24/09 09:35 PM
So far I stink but it's not bad. It is fun. I played 2-3 games offline and 1 game online. I was prompted to download rosters when I went online which surpised me. I am trying to get used to it. There is no season mode or anything so I think the fun will be online or offline with friends. I will post more once I play more.

# 6 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/24/09 09:36 PM
LOL, this game is simple, but FUN....

# 7 SmashMan @ 11/24/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k9
I refuse to pay $15 for this. Where the hell is the 2nd Madden Patch? How about we fix Madden before making any arcade games. I know EA says there are different devs that work on each game but I question the timing of the release of this arcade game.
Totally on topic.

---

Thanks to ezio and FF for their quick impressions. I assumed this game would be fun, akin to NHL Arcade...perfect for a quick pick-up and play when you have some free time. Unfortunately I have other things much higher on my 'to buy' list than this, but I'm sure I'll grab it sometime.

# 8 bang911 @ 11/24/09 10:20 PM
Question,

How much different does it play than the Wii version, which has Madden Arcade Mode included in Madden 10??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPINXBXijuY

# 9 drlw322 @ 11/24/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Question,

How much different does it play than the Wii version, which has Madden Arcade Mode included in Madden 10??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPINXBXijuY
I think some of the physic on the wii version is better then next gen. that actually did not look too bad

# 10 VTPack919 @ 11/24/09 11:16 PM
This game is an absolute blast online.

# 11 Rocky @ 11/24/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
This game is an absolute blast online.
You figure it's something you're going to get bored with quickly?
That $15 dollar price tag is killing me.

# 12 VTPack919 @ 11/24/09 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
You figure it's something you're going to get bored with quickly?
That $15 dollar price tag is killing me.
That's a tough call man. I would say if fifteen dollars is that tight to just keep it. Right now I am really liking it, the game play is shockingly smooth.

# 13 jyoung @ 11/25/09 12:04 AM
It sucks how 360/PS3 owners are getting charged $15 for a feature that came standard in the Wii version of the game.

# 14 Rocky @ 11/25/09 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
That's a tough call man. I would say if fifteen dollars is that tight to just keep it. Right now I am really liking it, the game play is shockingly smooth.
It's not that the fifteen dollars is tight, I just hate buying things that I don't use. I'm cheap like that lol.

# 15 LingeringRegime @ 11/25/09 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
I don't hate it but geez it's something they took 5 mins to make.

No commentary at all is a killer in an arcade game. Surely a couple one liner for TD's, big hits, even the start of game?

Played for an hour, probably saw everything and got everything possible out of it and will never go back it was that repetitve and boring.
Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking anyway.

# 16 JMD @ 11/25/09 07:42 AM
I downloaded the trial version and played few times. It was different and fun. My only complaint would be that there is no play selection screen, you get what they give you, run, pass short, medium and deep. If there were some type of single player season mode I would buy it. Without that I think I'll pass. I've got MX vs ATV Reflex in my sights for my MX racing fix next week so I'll need that $15.00 toward that purchase.

Does anyone know if they plan to add any type of season play in the future?

# 17 JaymeeAwesome @ 11/25/09 08:35 AM
Haven't downloaded it yet but with Madden Arcade and the Madden card thing that's coming in january will keep things active for the madden community and will keep me playing football til next august....I may have to skip buying baseball this year so I can spend my time playing all these extra maddens. Madden 10 til Feb, Madden "Cards" from Feb-May, Madden Arcade from May-August......all of this with only spending $75 overall.....3 different type football games for $75....wow

# 18 Nature_Boy @ 11/25/09 08:40 AM
I downloaded the game and played it this morning. If you were a fan of the old NFL Street series back on the PS2 and Xbox, I think you will enjoy it. It's something you won't spend hours and hours playing but if you are in the mood for a quick football game, this will do. It is what it is, an acrade game. It dosn't try to be anything more than that.

# 19 Valdarez @ 11/25/09 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
I was thinking about getting this but 15 FRIGGIN DOLLARS? ARE YOU JOKING?
That's what I said. It's too much for a game that's using an existing engine. I think they would have been better served to offer it at around $5 the first release to help garner interest and then raise the price as the game added features. I wish they'd make a techmo styled 2D'er. I'd pay $10 for it without hesitation.

# 20 Valdarez @ 11/25/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
It sucks how 360/PS3 owners are getting charged $15 for a feature that came standard in the Wii version of the game.
Are you sure about that? There's an arcade mode in the Wii version? I was thinking of getting it on the Wii just to see what it was liked. Personally I dug the design they did for the Wii. Fit the console perfectly.

If someone could verify the arcade version in the Wii game for me I'd appreciate it.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.