Home
News Post

According to ESPN, Tiger Woods was injured in a car crash this morning. According to CNN TV, he has already been released from the hospital.

Quote:
"ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida, authorities said Friday.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 2:25 a.m. ET. Woods was driving a 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

The police report narrative said the "driver had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence ... as [vehicle] began to drive on Deacon Circle, [vehicle] struck a fire hydrant. The front of [vehicle] then struck a tree..."

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious."

Member Comments
# 61 LingeringRegime @ 11/29/09 03:15 PM
Tiger has cancelled his meeting with the police again, but he has released a statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4698237

# 62 Thrasha @ 11/29/09 03:21 PM
George Clooney seems to be the only dude in the spotlight, sports or entertainment, that seems to get it.

Don't get cuffed to these chicks. When they start pulling this crazy stuff, tell them to kick rocks.

# 63 SPTO @ 11/29/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
That's because he hasn't come out of the closet yet.
Yep I imagine Clooney will be another Rock Hudson. It'll be revealed once he's dead and then everyone will come out of the woodwork saying "yeah I knew he was gay" but in reality they were fooled too.

Anyways, Tiger's in a messy situation here. It'll be very interesting to see how his sponsors react once the full story comes out.

# 64 jnofx @ 11/29/09 06:44 PM
If there's one thing we can all learn from this, it's next time the cops are on your ***, simply cancel your meeting with them.

# 65 Heelfan71 @ 11/29/09 07:03 PM
hmm, might try that myself just in case the cops ever come to my house asking questions. "sorry, don't want to ruin my privacy. have a nice day"

# 66 cwem @ 11/29/09 07:44 PM
Why is he only driving a 2009 Escalade and not the new 2010? Hopefully it was a Platinum Edition, but I dont know.

# 67 SlimKibbles @ 11/29/09 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwem
Why is he only driving a 2009 Escalade and not the new 2010? Hopefully it was a Platinum Edition, but I dont know.

# 68 tgferg67 @ 11/29/09 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Tiger has cancelled his meeting with the police again, but he has released a statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4698237

Why would he want to talk to the police at all, he is not obligated to.
They will just ask him a bunch of questions to try to "process" him/someone for a domestic violence charge or something else. The 5th amendment protects one from being used as a witness against themself. There is nothing to talk about, the police have physical evidence, if they don't have what they "want" that is their problem.

# 69 BlueNGold @ 11/29/09 11:23 PM
This whole situation is sketchy to say the least. I'm curious if he's gonna play in that golf tournament he was holding or whatever it was.

# 70 trobinson97 @ 11/30/09 07:27 AM
LOL @ Kobe Special. That's gold.

# 71 MaddenMan @ 11/30/09 08:14 AM
The only reason he would be silent about this situation to law enforcement is if someone did something wrong.

But he's probably protecting his wife and himself in this case and it's understandable, thing is that if what pretty much everyone is thinking - ie him and his wife were fighting etc, it's just a matter of time till this behavior repeats itself and the cat will truly be out of the bag, so be patient if you really want to know what happened.

It doesn't matter who you are or how squeaky clean you might be, nobody's perfect and Tiger has the same right to privacy that everyone else does. I agree with him avoiding law enforcement on this one.

# 72 DocHolliday @ 11/30/09 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
The only reason he would be silent about this situation to law enforcement is if someone did something wrong.

But he's probably protecting his wife and himself in this case and it's understandable, thing is that if what pretty much everyone is thinking - ie him and his wife were fighting etc, it's just a matter of time till this behavior repeats itself and the cat will truly be out of the bag, so be patient if you really want to know what happened.

It doesn't matter who you are or how squeaky clean you might be, nobody's perfect and Tiger has the same right to privacy that everyone else does. I agree with him avoiding law enforcement on this one.

Actually, Tiger does not have the same right to Privacy that everyone else has. He is a Public Figure, and his privacy standards vary greatly from a regular Private Citizen.

# 73 DocHolliday @ 11/30/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not sure that's what you meant to say because it makes no sense.
Well, re-reading my statement I guess I can see a few errors, but if you can't get the jist of what I am saying, then I don't think we have anything to discuss. between us at least.

You feel where I am going with that, Tonto?

# 74 fishepa @ 11/30/09 10:21 AM
Quote:
Not sure that's what you meant to say because it makes no sense.
He does have the same right, but when you're the best golfer in the world it just ain't gonna happen.

Tiger is probably trying to figure out a way to put some spin on this some how. Doesn't look good right now.

# 75 DocHolliday @ 11/30/09 10:29 AM
In terms of Privacy, Woods is a Public Figure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

Not that he deserves it, I hope it all blows over and he gets back to winning Majors.

# 76 tgferg67 @ 11/30/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Never talk to the cops, even if you think you did nothing wrong. They and are looking to process you and will take anything that they can to charge you with a crime and disregard the parts of your statements that show innocence.
Here is a video on the matter. Never talk to them, nothing good will come of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

# 77 DocHolliday @ 11/30/09 02:19 PM
Quote:
Except you're entirely wrong. He has the same right to privacy as anyone. Being a public figure has to do with legal matters such as defamation suits.
Im glad you read that Wiki, that is all I was saying in the first place. Nap time?

# 78 SPTO @ 11/30/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgferg67
Never talk to the cops, even if you think you did nothing wrong. They and are looking to process you and will take anything that they can to charge you with a crime and disregard the parts of your statements that show innocence.
Here is a video on the matter. Never talk to them, nothing good will come of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
Very jaded view of law enforcement eh?

Anyways Eldrik's in a world of hurt. Apparently the cops want his hospital records from when he went there this weekend. It sounds like there's a lot of fire in this smoke.

# 79 BlueNGold @ 11/30/09 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
If he does, his wife has already hired:

Celebrities getting married is like that Simpsons episode where Homer is in the land of chocolate thrilled to see chocolate at half-price.
LOL can't believe you just referenced one of my favorite movies and Simpsons episodes in the same post.

Anyways, eventually the truth is going to come out. If there really is serious drama between Tiger and his pretty hot wife, it's only a matter of time before divorce papers, etc are revealed.

# 80 BlueNGold @ 11/30/09 04:09 PM
Tiger pulled out of his tournament and is done playing for the year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4701190

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.