Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeffglisson @ 11/30/09 02:38 PM
hey it worked!

# 2 rsoxguy12 @ 11/30/09 02:40 PM
wow, finally! will read now!
That pretty much addressed the majority of my concerns. Too bad they aren't fixing that little skip thing that occurs to players who are on a breakaway. Also, I'm extremely glad the replays have been lengthened. I can't tell you how many times there's been a fumble return for a TD and I can't challenge the fumble because it was cut off in the replay.
I think I'd rather have long replays with low quality than short replays with high quality.

# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 11/30/09 02:41 PM
Made this a sticky.

# 4 Hassan Darkside @ 11/30/09 02:42 PM
Ah..still no date.

I guess the patch hadn't been submitted if they were still researching and tweaking things.

# 5 Bellsprout @ 11/30/09 02:43 PM
Congrats on the tribute stickers and draft info.

If Chris Johnson can still be caught during long runs due to that weird stuttering fatigue thing, i'm going to be angry.

# 6 bgdave39 @ 11/30/09 02:45 PM
It was submitted Xbox a week and a half ago. It will be released when Xbox releases it. I'd bet on it dropping in the next week or so.

Good stuff. Glad the fixed replays and flats coverage.

# 7 kehlis @ 11/30/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Ah..still no date.

I guess the patch hadn't been submitted if they were still researching and tweaking things.
My guess is that EA received word from both Microsoft and Sony that the patch is good to go which is why they released the blog. My guess is we will be seeing the patch within a few days.

***ONLY A GUESS BASED ON NOTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED****

# 8 Nomah5 @ 11/30/09 02:55 PM
I ordered madden via amazon and it will be arriving this week.

Were the big issues i have been reading about addressed in that blog? Didn't seem like much except for replays...

# 9 ballymenasteve @ 11/30/09 03:01 PM
No mention of addressing the easy kick returns or Stadium Sounds then?

# 10 Rocky @ 11/30/09 03:02 PM
Quote:
None of these Franchise updates will force you to have to restart an existing Franchise.

# 11 RGiles36 @ 11/30/09 03:10 PM
Two things stick out to me in a positive fashion:

1. Scriptables--assuming these are concerning cutscenes, I'm glad these are getting fixed. Nothing wrecks the immersion for me than scenes that trigger when they should not...especially those chain gang scenes.

2. Extending Post-Play--though it's just two additional seconds, hopefully it'll help the game not feel as rushed. It looks like they have some solid stuff there, but I hardly get a chance to see it b/c the scenes change so fast and next thing you know, the playcall screen is up.

# 12 BlueNGold @ 11/30/09 03:13 PM
I posted this in the other Patch 2 thread. I don't know which one is the "official" one?

Anyways, here is the list of fixes from both blogs I put together.

Gameplay

Tuned flat zone coverage to be more effective

Improved pursuit angles for defensive players

Tuned QB throwing out of sacks (increased chances of CPU QB taking a sack, lowered trajectory of throws when QB is hit while throwing to cut down on INTs, better arm tracking to determine if it should be an inaccurate or uncontrolled throw)

Fixed some instances where a receiver would be ruled inbounds even if he only got one foot down on a catch

Fixed a rare problem where under certain circumstances the ball would actually pass through a player when he dropped the pass

Added an initial move to the RB on the HB direct snap plays so he can’t immediately take off after receiving the snap

Forced a QB drop initial move to force him to set up for a pass on Shotgun play action plays when you canceled the play action by hot routing the running back

Disallowed the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff

Resolved the exploit of being able to motion a receiver after flipping the play which caused the defender to go the other way

Fixed the bug where the QB could drift through the center when you repeatedly hot routed with certain quarterbacks

Fixed the clock running at incorrect times after an incomplete pass went out of bounds.

Presentation

Doubled amount of time replays can be recorded (long plays won't have beginning cut off)

Increased auto replay frequency (more frequent after touchdowns)

Reduced number of times chain gang measurement scene appears

Extended time in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early

Franchise

Tuned sim stats (more 3-4 OLB sacks, more RB TDs, less QB passing yards and TD passes)

Decreased injury chances for players with high injury ratings

Draft info added to player profile screen

Uniform Corrections

Seattle Seahawks white pants at home

Seattle Seahawks green alternates added

Tribute stickers on Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and Eagles' helmets for Jim Johnson

# 13 Bellsprout @ 11/30/09 03:13 PM
Any chance of merging these threads so I don't have to keep reading both of them? Lol.

# 14 JaymeeAwesome @ 11/30/09 03:20 PM
Wow all the stat fixes I wanted to see was implemented including adding the draft year....plus instant replay fixes and more replays in general and less chain gang.....wow EA went all out.

# 15 Lieutenant Dan @ 11/30/09 03:23 PM
Overall a solid list.

I'm thinking the stadium specific sounds are going to be in Madden 11.

# 16 nepatriotsfan @ 11/30/09 03:35 PM
nothing on the cpu blitzing?

# 17 BlueNGold @ 11/30/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatriotsfan
nothing on the cpu blitzing?
Off the top of my head, this and Stadium Sounds are the only things missing from this list for me. Other than that, a solid patch IMO.

# 18 authentic @ 11/30/09 03:41 PM
This patch is going to take around 2 hours to download and install!

# 19 JayD @ 11/30/09 03:45 PM
A small detail that I wish made it in was Franchise weather tuning. It is very odd how many games are played in sunny skies. Year one of my Green Bay franchise 15 games were played in sunny skies and 1 game had partly cloudy skies, lol! Also the weather is always pre determined so if you re start a franchise it is the same exact weather as it was when you first played it. Wish they would randomize weather. I thought someone posted about this being fixed but I havent heard anything since then so they may of had false information.

# 20 mr_president @ 11/30/09 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Two things stick out to me in a positive fashion:

1. Scriptables--assuming these are concerning cutscenes, I'm glad these are getting fixed. Nothing wrecks the immersion for me than scenes that trigger when they should not...especially those chain gang scenes.

2. Extending Post-Play--though it's just two additional seconds, hopefully it'll help the game not feel as rushed. It looks like they have some solid stuff there, but I hardly get a chance to see it b/c the scenes change so fast and next thing you know, the playcall screen is up.
agreed.

-the play should be extended. i hate to see a cut scene start before the play is finished..(post play scenes,chain gang,refs holding conferences,etc..) they all start to soon.

-i also hope they address how many times the refs have a conferences ...those are extremely overdone.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.