Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.

Quote:
"The first update mostly talked about some of the planned Gameplay fixes but we've also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Replays and Scriptables. The uniform updates include updating the Seattle Seahawks' home uniform to default their home pants to be blue instead of white as well as adding in their new eye popping Neon Green uniforms that they wore in Week 3 against the Bears. We've also added tribute stickers to the Titans' helmets for Steve McNair and the Eagles' helmets for former Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson.

Some more updates that we have made based on the community feedback center around Replays. We've doubled the amount of time a replay could be recorded so longer plays, such as kick/punt returns or long interception/fumble returns would not have the beginning part of the play cut off. We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough. Other updates include reducing the number of times the Chain Gang Measurement scene will trigger during the game and extending the time that we are in postplay by 2 seconds to give more time for the presentation of certain shots to finish before being cut off too early. The user will still of course be able to button through these if they want.

Finally, our resident Franchise guru Josh Looman, has been working hard at tuning stats for Franchise mode. He has increased the number of touchdowns HB's score in a season, decreased QB passing yards and touchdown passes per season, and increased sacks for 3-4 OLB's while decreasing sacks for MLB's and DT's. He has also decreased the injury chances for players with high injury ratings."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DJ @ 12/01/09 12:44 AM
Like what I'm reading regarding the second patch. It'll likely be up and running by the time I get my 360 back, so I'm looking forward to starting my Giants franchise in a couple of weeks.

# 62 toine2983 @ 12/01/09 01:54 AM
I know the developers mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the second patch would include uniform updates like the Seahawks lime green alternates.

Was confirmed if the Chargers alternate powder blues would be included in the patch? And for visual reference I'm referring to these:

# 63 MARTZball @ 12/01/09 02:19 AM
Good to read an update here. Looking forward to starting my RAMS franchise once this drops.

# 64 cowboyscowboys @ 12/01/09 02:25 AM
I thought the draft info being added was a nice surprise.

# 65 Skuxx24 @ 12/01/09 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
I thought the draft info being added was a nice surprise.

Yeah i did not expect that to be in the patch as well. I don't think it was metioned until now. Does anyone know how long after being approved it takes to be released??

# 66 St3fN_sTrApS @ 12/01/09 02:41 AM
Also surprised to see draft info added hopefully it doesn't disappear after you edit a player. Good stuff EA like what I'm reading can't wait to dl.

# 67 homeycool @ 12/01/09 02:43 AM
I'm so excited about the draft info being in there. It wasn't a game killer for me, but it did hamper the franchise experience for me quite a bit.

Good Job EA!

# 68 Skuxx24 @ 12/01/09 03:09 AM
Does anyone know if the patch has fixed the glitch when a gang tackle happens that players only get assited tackles? Usually the first person that makes contact with the ball carrier gets the solo tackles but in madden only two of the players get assits and no solo is recorded.

# 69 Artman22 @ 12/01/09 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
wonder if they fixed the fatigue animation glitch where the guy starts stuttering as he's running down the field on a long run?
That was purposely done to try to fix the terrible pursuit angles. Which I hope they got rid of.

# 70 imalanh1 @ 12/01/09 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
Looking forward to this.

So far the only thing that has really annoyed me is how quickly the CPU snaps the ball. I think I read that was going to be adjusted in the first blog about patch #2.

I haven't gotten too deep into the game, but so far I really like it compared to last year.
Yes, I hope this is fixed also. At least make it appear the CPU is calling signals or audiblizing ( is this a word?) and give us more time to defensively adjust.

# 71 brza37 @ 12/01/09 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
EA has a history of writing things down that they will put in the game but then they fail to do so im just pointing that out.

No word on if this will correct the poor run blocking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Research, please. Or are you just going on the words of "everyone else".

If you are going to complain, at least back your complaints up. I want to see where they put in words something GUARANTEED (Not "We'll try") and didn't deliver.

If you can't do that, I would wholeheartedly suggest you staying out of this thread and moving on to the Gripe thread, where "flock mentality" is welcome.
I'm not trying to hate cuz I like the game and think the devs did make some serious improvements this year. Its definitely the best next gen Madden.
Nevertheless HolyCrap was right in that not everything they have said has been delivered upon. Two examples of this from this year are the stadium specific sounds and breaking career records cut scene (not being disappointed).

Stadium Specific Sounds:
I'm not finding the original quote from Ian about it but its obvious that it was made since he acknowledged it here in his interview with game informer "GI: Why are their no realistic stadium sounds in this year's game? No Vikings horn or Lions roars?
IC: As I mentioned in the previous question, this is one area that we weren't able to spend as much time on as we had originally hoped. It is definately a priority for the future.":
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040362186

And the thing about breaking records is pretty well documented here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...appointed.html

Like I said though, I don't wanna bash anybody because I can understand it. Some times you make plans and in the end with all the deadlines you can't come through. It happens. But as wrong as it is for people to get billigerent about missing features and call the devs names it is also wrong to pretend like certain things weren't promised.

But back to the patch, I'm looking forward to it.

# 72 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/01/09 07:13 AM
I havent seen anything about hook zone awarness being fixed..hopefully that is something they are working on as well, and will be mentioned.

# 73 tooldude79 @ 12/01/09 07:25 AM
wait, the update doesnt include CPU QBs holding the balll longer and taking more sacks? We were told that would be included...this was the main thing i was looking forward to in this patch...SMH

# 74 roadman @ 12/01/09 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I'm not trying to hate cuz I like the game and think the devs did make some serious improvements this year. Its definitely the best next gen Madden.
Nevertheless HolyCrap was right in that not everything they have said has been delivered upon. Two examples of this from this year are the stadium specific sounds and breaking career records cut scene (not being disappointed).

Stadium Specific Sounds:
I'm not finding the original quote from Ian about it but its obvious that it was made since he acknowledged it here in his interview with game informer "GI: Why are their no realistic stadium sounds in this year's game? No Vikings horn or Lions roars?
IC: As I mentioned in the previous question, this is one area that we weren't able to spend as much time on as we had originally hoped. It is definately a priority for the future.":
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040362186

And the thing about breaking records is pretty well documented here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...appointed.html

Like I said though, I don't wanna bash anybody because I can understand it. Some times you make plans and in the end with all the deadlines you can't come through. It happens. But as wrong as it is for people to get billigerent about missing features and call the devs names it is also wrong to pretend like certain things weren't promised.

But back to the patch, I'm looking forward to it.
I'm looking forward to the patch as well, but I find it hard pressed where features from patch notes were not delivered in a patch. This is what this thread is all about, patch or title update. It's not about a topic outside the patch.

It's apples and oranges what is delivered in a patch vs what is delivered during the production of the game.

No need to push the panic button on what will be delivered in the patch.

# 75 JaymeeAwesome @ 12/01/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
wait, the update doesnt include CPU QBs holding the balll longer and taking more sacks? We were told that would be included...this was the main thing i was looking forward to in this patch...SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Tuned QB throwing out of sacks (increased chances of CPU QB taking a sack, lowered trajectory of throws when QB is hit while throwing to cut down on INTs, better arm tracking to determine if it should be an inaccurate or uncontrolled throw)
Ta Da!

# 76 tooldude79 @ 12/01/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Ta Da!
is this a recent statement or from over a month ago?...i never read any of that in this new title update blog

# 77 TeamBuilder @ 12/01/09 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
You're right, I can't seem to find anything saying it was actually fixed. Hopefully he just forgot to put it in the update of what is already fixed.

# 78 ucas005 @ 12/01/09 08:57 AM
**Yawn** we waited this long for this list? The NHL team would have whipped this out in 2 weeks. Anyway lack of stadium specific sounds is most disappointing because as mentioned it was promised. BUT it is a patch and it will fix some issues making a pretty good game a little better.

# 79 roadman @ 12/01/09 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
does anyone have a link to this..i find it hard to believe EA would not list all these great updates in their recent blog..
That's because in the recent blog there is a link to the former blog.

# 80 roadman @ 12/01/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
*Anyway lack of stadium specific sounds is most disappointing because as mentioned it was promised.
When Ian did a FAQ video blog after the game came out, it was not promised for the patch.

He said they were "hoping" to get it in the second title update.

http://insideblog.easports.com/defau...t&PageIndex=16

Go all the way to the end of the 1st FAQ video.

It's about 3/4 of the way down under the title Madden 10 FAQ.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.